The Pity-evoking Scams

tambok

Some slick Filipina scammer be it online or in real life ( but over distance) have discovered that getting money out of Kano is easiest if you come up with a sob story and ask him for help. The Kano are mabait ( buutan) and are always willing to help. If you get many Kano to help you, you will have a steady stream of money. Money seems to appear as if by magic if you do the following:

1) Pretend that you go to school but you have no money to pay tuition- ask him for help. Tell him that you will have to quit and only he can save your future. All you need is some P8000 and that will pay for next semester. There are variations such as you need money for an OJT session, an exam, you need extra money for projects, uniforms, etc.

2) Pretend that you are looking for work but you need money for "requirements"- the various clearances that you will need to be able to apply for a job. If only he could help you with some 3000 or so, you would be able to apply for work and support yourself.

3)Pretend that you are sick or that someone in your family is sick-- tell him that you are not able to pay hospital costs and are even held hostage at the hospital. You just need P 7000 to pay to be released or to have your little brother released.

4) Pretend that one of your parents ( or both of them) has just died. Ask for money for burial. You will be surprised how quickly big amounts will come your way.

5) Tell him that you have no money to pay rent and that you have been asked by a local pimp to go and work as a prostitute in a bar- a sweet girl like you will become a hooker unless the White Knight with thick wads of dollars comes to your rescue.  If only he could save you from that fate, you would be forever grateful.

The above scams are practiced mainly on foreigners but also on OFWs. These do not have to be girls whom you met in a chatroom. It may be a sales girl but when you go to another city, she and her boyfriend or even their whole family will start scheming how to get money from you. "Hospital" is the most popular way by far.

6) When the unsuspecting foreigner sends money, immediately there is a police emergency and the money has been stolen. Please send again!

In many cases, fake police reports as well as fake hospital bills are produced to convince you. It's just amazing how skilled they are.

7) Pretend that your friend or relative is in a hospital with a trauma of some kind or even in coma. You need to send money urgently for an operation.

These scams are so common that one wonders if there's a school where people go to take courses because I've seen totally seemingly normal people who practiced them with a practiced hand.

8) This one is classic and is common in both Thailand and the Philippines ( as well as in Ukraine) as it never seems to fail to bring money-- a girl asks a foreign guy to buy a condo and she will be living there with her brother-- ( read husband) waiting for the foreigner to come back ( while the husband will be guarding her virginity for you). It's just unreal how many guys have fallen for it and keep falling for it daily in both countries.

9) Have a baby by a boyfriend but tell the foreigner that it's his baby. By the time he realizes that the baby is not his, he's already spent two years supporting it. Brilliant! And if the foreigner is an Oriental looking person, he may never realize it.

10) A tranny puts a picture online of some model and then when someone takes the bait the tranny says that he has no money to get a cam so you cannot see her when you chat. Then requests for tuition and medical help start pouring in. Sometimes the tranny will even request your help in accepting a payment from "an aunt" into your Paypal account so that you could send it to him by Xoom. This payment came from other men whom he'd been cheating. Not only he cheats you but he cheats other people and uses you to forward payments to him. Brilliant!

Does anyone know of any other scams?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThomsonJr

• tambok

• broden

• Dragonladies.org

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marriage, there are many who are fooled by this.

Some years ago I had a Filipina try the "sick carabao" ploy on me and told her, quite truthfully, that I didnt even have a carabao, so she must be wealthier than me, and perhaps she could send me some

I don't think you should assume poverty is behind the online scamming/begging all the time.  Sometimes it is.   Some of these people are living pretty well, and continue to do this to keep up the li

Posted Images

Alan S

You forgot the three dead grandmothers they cant afford the funerals for, and the sick carabao.

• Like 2
the.lone.gunman

My house burned down and I lost everything.......

• Like 2
Runian

Some woman tryied the "family helps each other" malarkey when I was dating a girl. she ask me for 20 K peso and I tell her she can go ask micro finance.

Kinda weird she try the family crap when I thus far never had met any of the girls relatives.  

She then tried her hand at extortion which I didn't go for either.  

FB convo cut N paste

Malou Ando

Is not embarassent, you know our culture we borrow money to family member who have a money because we know they can help us..i think just want to help us..i guess that is why inday hazel have two minds in you that he still contact to his pilipino boyfriend..i like him more than you..you should be helping us because that we are..we always look forward that white man is like you well help us..its alright and we dont want you to be hazels husband your not helping us...you should be embarassedment to us..i can be angry somtimes i remind yuo that you entertain my others nice and they are minor ages and i can talk that to police..inday ivy she is minor..maayong hapon...kanimo

safe to say inday hazel did not land her self a kano with that kind of family !

and if some1 wonders, minor inday Yuo came with Hazel to swim in the pool 

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i post on an internet forum and Paul banned me from a thread

• Like 5
no one

what about the girls that have more than few bf 

and each one of them is sending money to to live on 

and most of the time its not just 10k 

now thats a good scam going on there 

i have met one she had her bf send her 30k a month 

well 1 of them 

keep 4 or so thats good money 

just make sure they dont visit at the same time 

• Like 2
Headshot

i post on an internet forum and Paul banned me from a thread

That's not going to get you much money.

• Like 2
no one

but this one is world wide :)

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

you should of told me this before i got married .. my wife went so far as to scam me right out of my job and in to retirement 

• Like 2
smokey

you should of told me this before i got married .. my wife went so far as to scam me right out of my job and in to retirement

yes mine only works part time so she only pays me 200 a week
  • Like 1
Edwin

Grown men expect pretty young ladies to spend hours each day chatting with and entertaining them on the internet for free. And only them. Entertainment is never free.

• Like 5
Alan S

Some years ago I had a Filipina try the "sick carabao" ploy on me and told her, quite truthfully, that I didnt even have a carabao, so she must be wealthier than me, and perhaps she could send me some money. Never heard from her again!

On the other hand, I have known Filipinas who, no matter their degree of hardship, would NEVER accept money from anyone outside of their family.

• Like 7
no one

yes mine only works part time so she only pays me 200 a week

show her this thread she might do better :)

Grown men expect pretty young ladies to spend hours each day chatting with and entertaining them on the internet for free. And only them. Entertainment is never free.

no we dont we entertain them right back and our time used to be lot more $ so they should pay us :)

• Like 2