Sign in to follow this  
Britishandproud

The Malls In Davao City

Britishandproud

First of I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so if it's not then please move it to the right place. Thank you.

This is SM Lanang Premier Mall with 3 floors and considered the biggest mall in Davao City land wise, That's what my ex and her family said, To me they are all big in Davao haha. It's nice and clean inside and blows the malls out of the water that are here in the city I live in UK. It's got all the well known International shops and lots of places to eat etc.

This is a video me and my ex took inside the mall, It's just a small clip and doesn't capture all the shops. 

These two videos are of the dancing fountain that is at the back of the mall and is a nice place to go sit an relax.

Now this is Abreeza Ayala Mall again 3 floors I think and my favorite of them all. I would say this is bigger in the sense of more shops than SM, It again has a good selection of international shops like Marks and Spencer, Debenhams etc. Funny thing happened here, I went with my ex to buy some socks (Yes I know its roasting and I'm wearing socks lol) we went in a few different shops and the thing that does bug me sometimes is when the staff ask if i want any help an I say "No thank you" they follow you around and tell you some offers that i can clearly see. No big issue but I just like to look at things alone an decide. Any way we go into Debenhams and see some socks and BOOM they were going to cost around £10.00 for 2 or 3 pairs I think, so I put them back and walked out. I went on a budget to Philippines and no way was I going to pay that much for socks. I don't even pay that much here in UK either haha. 

This is a video of the mall and the view from it, Unfortunately I didn't manage to video inside.

Now this is the colour changing fountain that is at the front of Abreeza and a shot of it at night time.

Hope I didn't bore you all, I just thought I would share  :highfive:

thebob

Thanks, nice report.

Britishandproud

Thanks, nice report.

Thanks, There are other malls but I didn't get videos or pictures. Other malls are called I think, G mall, sm city, Victoria plaza (I think) there's also another small one. Maybe more but can't think.

thebob

Your story about the socks made me smile. I keep realizing that I don't need things that I think I want.

Britishandproud

Your story about the socks made me smile. I keep realizing that I don't need things that I think I want.

Yeah I'm use to wearing socks all the time but you don't really need socks haha.

Mandy

There are just too many malls being put up i wonder if it's really going to be feasible.

liquido

Thanks, There are other malls but I didn't get videos or pictures. Other malls are called I think, G mall, sm city, Victoria plaza (I think) there's also another small one. Maybe more but can't think.

Been to G Mall( Gaisano) many times and was amazed at all the foreigner grocery items that they have there ..Even Emeril and Mario Vitali pasta sauces are there hahaha..I found the Abreeza Ayala Mall very expensive due to all the high end stores there...Victoria Plaza outdated but reasonable in there prices..Behind Victoria Plaza is a group of restaurants...There are 3 with the same name (Arfats) all 3 are always full...not bad chow for local native food....... 

Edited by liquido

wacobay

There are just too many malls being put up i wonder if it's really going to be feasible.

I never realized how important being near a mall can be till we lived here in Leyte. The nearest mall is two and one half hour drive to Tocloban or two and one half hour ride by super cat to Cebu. I guess we at least saved money. :yahoo:  Thanks for reading.

Britishandproud

Been to G Mall( Gaisano) many times and was amazed at all the foreigner grocery items that they have there ..Even Emeril and Mario Vitali pasta sauces are there hahaha..I found the Abreeza Ayala Mall very expensive due to all the high end stores there...Victoria Plaza outdated but reasonable in there prices..Behind Victoria Plaza is a group of restaurants...There are 3 with the same name (Arfats) all 3 are always full...not bad chow for local native food.......

Yeah G mall was a few minute walk from the hotel I stayed in. (North zen). And yeah abreeza is expensive. Victoria I think it's the first mall if I'm correct?

Davaoeno

.Behind Victoria Plaza is a group of restaurants...There are 3 with the same name (Arfats) all 3 are always full...not bad chow for local native food....... 

I agree that they have great food, but since they are Chinese restaurants serving Chinese food I'm not sure that i would classify it as local native food

• Like 1