Urgent request: ECC availabilty in Cebu, Mandaue Immigration

BossHog

My mate needs to fly back to London as soon as.

Been in the country 7 months doing tourist visa renewals.

He'd heard the rules have changed in May, 2013

He's heard the ECC exit clearance is only available in Manila at the moment.

Can anyone verify if this is true.

He'd prefer to take care of the paperwork in Mandaue, Cebu.

I thought Manila, Cebu, and Davao could handle these things.

Recent, this month's experiences, are appreciated.

As I said, a bit urgent, so would like some info.

Thanks a lot guys.

CebuKano

If nobody has an answer I will stop by the Mandaue office Monday and ask. I need to get some new forms anyway. I know that Mandaue used to do the ECC but better to make sure.

A_Simple_Man

I was in Mandaue office on June 6 and asked the fat guy at the desk if I could come back on August 6 and get an ECC for my tourist visa and he said:  Yes we do that here.

smokey

I was in Mandaue office on June 6 and asked the fat guy at the desk if I could come back on August 6 and get an ECC for my tourist visa and he said:  Yes we do that here.

why do you always call him the fat guy at the desk so he has a weight problem , Would you tell him to his face he is the fat guy at the desk ?

SkyMan

why do you always call him the fat guy at the desk so he has a weight problem , Would you tell him to his face he is the fat guy at the desk ?

Girth profiling.  Oh, the shame. 

Maybe he calls him the fat guy at the desk because he's at a desk, he's a guy, and he's fat. 

smokey

Girth profiling.  Oh, the shame. 

Maybe he calls him the fat guy at the desk because he's at a desk, he's a guy, and he's fat. 

[/quote

he is a nice guy who helps a lot of people he is the one of the people who decides if an overstaying foreigner gets locked up or just pays the fee , well i like the guy i think his name is reynaldo

Edited by smokey
  • Like 2
no one

how hard is it to get the ECC in manila 

just asking couse i will need it soon as well so dont want to get stuck there 

CebuKano

Girth profiling. Oh, the shame. Maybe he calls him the fat guy at the desk because he's at a desk, he's a guy, and he's fat. [/quotehe is a nice guy who helps a lot of people he is the one of the people who decides if an overstaying foreigner gets locked up or just pays the fee , well i like the guy i think his name is Carlos,

Gotta agree with you Smokey.

Well, the guy that is mentioned has always been very helpful to me. Mr. Carlos once cut through some "red tape" and saved me a ton of time on an issue I had with the ACR. And he never asked for any compensation. I have nothing but good to say about him and the office. So far so good. We need to consider how many stupid questions this man has to answer every day. I honestly don't know how he keeps his cool as well as he does. He's good people.

Edited by Motörhead
  • Like 1
Skywalker

Well, the guy that is mentioned has always been very helpful to me. Mr. Carlos once cut through some "red tape" and saved me a ton of time on an issue I had with the ACR. And he never asked for any compensation. I have nothing but good to say about him and the office. So far so good. We need to consider how many stupid questions this man has to answer every day. I honestly don't know how he keeps his cool as well as he does. He's good people.

I've been to the office in Mandaue many times, and heard the crap this guy gets asked on a regular basis - he is a professional.

There are some regular nut jobs attending that place - which probably includes me!

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man

why do you always call him the fat guy at the desk

So you know who I mean

like the guy i think his name is reynaldo

I like him too but if I said Reynaldo, the number of people who knew who I was talking about would drop like a stone.

smokey

So you know who I mean

I like him too but if I said Reynaldo, the number of people who knew who I was talking about would drop like a stone.

So you know who I mean

way to few people that work for government take the time to really help foreigners and he has never asked for anything and he gets asked lots of questions he could just do like most and say (( not my job ))

• Like 1
Half Baked

We always get treated nicely when we go there. But again, movie star good looks and stellar personality (along with a lot of modesty) are traits I was just born with. People appreciate being in contact with true excellence.

sperry

i dont understand the topic.

whats an ECC?

what rules chnaged in may for a 7 month stay?

Nangulo

whats an ECC?

Exit Clearance Certificate.  It is required for tourists leaving the country after having been here in excess of six months.