What do I need to get an ACR I-card?

I've been here in the Philippines (as a tourist) just under 2 months, and it's time to renew my Visa and get an I-card.  I know I need lots of money, but apart from a passport, what do I need?  How is the i-card delivered to me?  How long does it take?  Thanks heaps.

Edit: one other thing, can you apply for one anywhere?  I'm planning on going to the local one in Gaisano Mactan, since it's closest.

Edited by BobX
the boss

Money and a passport.

Use a travel agent.

For a fee of 400 to 500 a good way to go.

Usually in my case the agent has it within a week.

This is in Angeles City area, might be different depending on where you are.

The girl at the agency even fills the form out and I just sign it.

Lately they been asking for a reference in the Philippines.

I just use my wife and I don't think they check anyway.

Just a name. address, and phone number.

I think the last one was 50 US for the card but with the visa extension at the same time it was a chunk of change.

Lately they been asking for a reference in the Philippines.

I just use my wife and I don't think they check anyway.

Just a name. address, and phone number.

They ask for a reference in the 21->59 day extension (or at least, it was on the form, so I filled it out).  They ask for the phone number of the reference, but not the applicant.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Woolf

When I was at  the Mandaue office they tell me that I could pickup the I-Card after 14 days

SkyMan

How is the i-card delivered to me?

:ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:
miles-high

It took me 2 days get it this time but I have a different visa which may have made difference... :)

Headed that way

I'll have to look at what they actually gave me and what they charged me for but I went to the BOI in Makita (sp?) in Manila.  If you are opening a business in the RP, or tell them that you are   : ) the BOI people will walk you over to immigration and put you to the head of the line and expedite your card.  It cost 8,000 pesos for everything plus the 1,000 pesos that the teller ripped me off for.  I counted it out when I paid the guy but I didn't demand that he count it out too so when I came back that afternoon to pick up my passport the dude claimed I was 1,000 short.  Part of the 8,000 is the 2,000 fast lane fee and of course there is only one lane anyway.

Picked up the I card a few days later.  

You will need a few passport sized pictures too.

voirdire

When they first starting implementing this ACR-I card.  I received my first one in Davao City.  I asked the BOI officer.  What do I need this card for?

His response was. and I quote.   "Souvenir".  Amazing. 

Headed that way

To get a bank account open in most banks or if you are going to open a business here.  Other than that, I don't have a clue why they are needed.

Skywalker

To get a bank account open in most banks

Not true with BPI - they opened a cheque account for me (for the Americans a 'check' account) with just my passport.

At Mandaue BI last October, when I got my iCard, they used the photograph on my passport (scanned it I guess) and there was no request for finger prints.

I picked up the iCard the next time I was there to get another VISA.

I have still not found out what the card is for, except as a money raising exercise.  It doesn't operate as any sort of tool.  Reminds me of the 'express' lane - which as far as I can see doesn't actually exist, as there doesn't seem to be any alternative.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I've been waiting two months for mine in Dumaguete. Checked again yesterday and they said maybe it will be ready in August. Have to renew my tourist visa this week in Cebu. Dumaguete said no problem as long as I show Cebu my receipt for my new card. We will see. My luck, they will make me apply for another one here at an additional $50.

BDO would not let me open an account here in Cebu because ACR-I Card was expired. I have had two BDO accounts for nearly three years, but she didn't care. BDO requires two IDs which I had, Philippines DL and Passport. I  pointed this out to the woman but she said her branch has it's own rules. More like she had her own rules.

No problem with BPI.

Edited by Salty Dog