Skywalker

So I arrived at Mactan airport, from Hong Kong, a couple of days ago.

Went through immigration (short form), collected my suitcase and then got to Customs (long form).  The official looked at my form.  He then looked at my passport and seemed surprised at so many VISA's.

"How long are you staying here?" he asked me.  "I live here actually" I answered.

"Why don't you have a married VISA?"  He seemed puzzled.  "I'm not married" I replied.

"Get married then"

*sigh*

• Like 4
mpt1947

Went through immigration (short form), collected my suitcase and then got to Customs (long form).  The official looked at my form.  He then looked at my passport and seemed surprised at so many VISA's.

"How long are you staying here?" he asked me.  "I live here actually" I answered.

"Why don't you have a married VISA?"  He seemed puzzled.  "I'm not married" I replied.

"Get married then"

*sigh*

How often do you leave the country?  Even without getting married, there maybe some better Visa Options available to you - maybe that is what the guy was trying to say...

Wolfpack

so there is going to be a wedding?

great, be sure to post the venue so we can all come...if you do not yet have a bride, no worries...we will bring one along for you!!!

:bar:

:shots:

• Like 3
tokyoman

"Get married then"

He was trying to say he has a niece for you 

• Like 6
BossHog

roll over  d'buttler

• Like 2
SkyMan

"Get married then"

Just tell him he's not your type.
  • Like 3
smokey

yes maybe his daughter wants to meet a foreigner ....

A_Simple_Man

"Get married then"

Maybe he is married and we all know that misery loves company.

• Like 8
tokyoman

Filipinos in general are surprised when they hear that some of the foreigners here (including me) are still single

They believe our purpose to come here in the first place was to marry one of their girls

I have gotten so tired of telling them why I am still single

Then again perhaps the reason he wanted you to get married was to save on visa fees?

Edited by tokyoman
  • Like 2
thebob

How often do you leave the country?  Even without getting married, there maybe some better Visa Options available to you - maybe that is what the guy was trying to say...

If there were I'd like to know what they are. On a yearly basis Philippine visas cost me a lot of money.

nomad4ever

Tell him: "Why buy a cow, if you just want to drink a glass of milk???"  :fool:

miles-high

Would it make any difference if I said "divorced"? :)

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

"Get married then"

*sigh*

i don't see where as you have a choice now

that came from an official representative of the Philippines government

they'll probably be checking up on you soon to make sure you do as instructed

• Like 3
Canuck Joe

Even if married and you leave the country frequently don't get a 13A, they ding you big just to leave the country....i call it ransom.

Edited by Canuck Joe
  • Like 1
no one

any way you look at it it will cost money