Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack

July 4th at Ayala (2013)

Wolfpack

Left the house early this morning headed to Cebu City...day started right, was able to flag down a air conditioned bus (instead of taking a multi cab to Ken Taxi in Talisay)

Grabbed a taxi from south bus terminal to drop my wife off at SM Mall (where she spent the day shopping with 3 other wives from Living in Cebu Forums)...the taxi reset the meter at SM...even though I told him I was going to Ayala...when I got to Ayala, I deducted that 40 peso reset...handed the taxi driver exact change...and walked into the mall without an argument from the driver...

Scouted Rustans and Metro supermarket for the days food purchases...

spotted some Hot Tamales (candy) and Mike and Ike...have not seen those in Cebu in a while (I think I got Mike and Ike at Ace Hardware of all places around holiday time)...grabbed a cart, threw those in and my shopping day begins...in the International Food Isle...spotted Contadina Pizza Squeeze...they had 4 15 oz bottles...I grabbed 2...I have not seen this product in Cebu before...next item, Continental Chicken Soup packets...makes 1 liter...I have seen these before but not in a while, so I grabbed 2...

Before leaving the Metro supermarket area...I stopped in the wine area...spotted the last bottle of Special Selection yellow tail Reserve Shiraz...and made that purchase quick like...

As I headed to Rustans...got a phone call from a fellow link member...he was at the Marriott...time for lunch...

The Marriott was advertising an American theme spread for the 4th of July...they had some mini burgers (terrible)...mini hot dogs (worse)...and apple pie (their saving grace)...that was about as American of a buffet as it got...the fruit punch included in the buffet was the highlight of the meal...now, it really was good...but fruit punch should not be the highlight of a meal...even if it is only lunch...and we are not talking spiked fruit punch either...

So before heading back into shopping mode...my fellow link member brought a softball and 2 gloves...we threw the softball around at Ayala in a grass area...after 2 rounds with a short break...we headed to TGI Fridays for a beer...

Our wives eventually made their way to meeting us at TGI Fridays...after they completed their dinner dress venture (for the fil-am chamber dinner saturday)...

From there, my wife and I did some more shopping...purchased accessories to complete our fil-am chamber dinner attire...added some cheese from Rustans (to go with the "pizza squeeze")

...took a Ceres air conditioned bus home and ended our day in the city...

Edited by Mr. Wonderful
  • Like 3

Wolfpack

post-14653-0-57628500-1372944694_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wolfpack

post-14653-0-19744600-1372944981_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Half Baked

Wish I could've made it. With my wife's clock always on Filipina time, we didn;t get outta the house till almost 2 pm. So, it was already too late to make Marriot's lunch buffet. She spent the day shopping after we had lunch at SM Shakey's. As usual, I spent my day walking around like an idiot! I hate window shopping here... you always got salesman trying to help you. Leave me alone, I'm only looking because I'm friggin' bored!!

I still don't know if the wife found anything to wear Saturday night. But I got our little girl a lotta toys and she was happy as everything when we finally got home tonight. She made me help her play with the new toys she has. I still have a few to surprise her with tomorrow or the next day. :)

Good score at Ayala, Daniel. We're looking forward to seeing yall and the other forum members Sat. night.

Edit: Is that DC3driver and you playing catch?

Edited by Half Baked
  • Like 1

Wolfpack

Wish I could've made it. With my wife's clock always on Filipina time, we didn;t get outta the house till almost 2 pm. So, it was already too late to make Marriot's lunch buffet. She spent the day shopping after we had lunch at SM Shakey's. As usual, I spent my day walking around like an idiot! I hate window shopping here... you always got salesman trying to help you. Leave me alone, I'm only looking because I'm friggin' bored!!

I still don't know if the wife found anything to wear Saturday night. But I got our little girl a lotta toys and she was happy as everything when we finally got home tonight. She made me help her play with the new toys she has. I still have a few to surprise her with tomorrow or the next day. :)

Good score at Ayala, Daniel. We're looking forward to seeing yall and the other forum members Sat. night.

Edit: Is that DC3driver and you playing catch?

the girls were still shopping til about 4 pm...appears all 4 found dresses...wish your wife could have made it : (

that is Mark playing catch...Dc3driver had l lunch with us...his little one wanted to go home though...

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

Half Baked

When my wife is in hardcore shopping mode, its pretty hard to keep up with her. So, it was prolly better that she went at it alone. :)

I'm heading to the Consulate first thing in the morning. You need me to pick up anything while I'm there?

• Like 1

Wolfpack

When my wife is in hardcore shopping mode, its pretty hard to keep up with her. So, it was prolly better that she went at it alone. :)

I'm heading to the Consulate first thing in the morning. You need me to pick up anything while I'm there?

nopes, we are all set for Saturday...dont forget to ask for table 18...if they tell you it is booked...you might need to remind them that I was double booked on the table...I was included as two of the six dc3driver bought tickets for...then I had seats and tickets reserved for myself...John Domingo did not realize that Dc3driver was picking up tickets for me...

Wolfpack

post-14653-0-08688900-1372948197_thumb.jpg

dc3driver

I would think getting an aircon ride both ways would make it a good day just by itself!

• Like 1

Wolfpack

I would think getting an aircon ride both ways would make it a good day just by itself!

It is really a great way to start a day to the city...those multicab rides to Talisay, I end up soaked in sweat...but the big relief on the way home...is if there are no lines at south bus terminal...and if we can actually sit in a real seat...not those extensions they use...yesterday's transportation to and from the city, was at its best : )

Lordblacknail

Ayala Metro supermarket has Masa Harina for Mexican food. I bought two, and there were several left.