220v Region 1, 2 & 3 DVD Player

miles-high

Just bought a 24" TV/Monitor (HDMI/DVI/VGA) to install on the wall, in front of the treadmill…

What would be the best way to play the Region 1, 2 and 3 DVD’s?

I cannot find any region free or at least Region 1 220v player on internet…

Thanks…

dc3driver

it seems like a lot of the cheap ones are region free. doesn't make sense that the more expensive ones are region locked, but that has been my experience.

miles-high

I guess I would go to some of the stores in MarketX2 to see if they have DVD players... Thanks... :)

tobster

Even the region locked ones can be unlocked. Just a matter of finding the unlock proceedure on the net. Mine involved having the tray opened and about 15 button combination.............

miles-high

Just a matter of finding the unlock proceedure on the net.

No luck on my Sony BDP-SX1 ;) Oh, well, maybe I will connect my old computer to it... my "study" is a cabling nightmare... already so many cables, connectors, computers, monitors, etc. etc. I bought a cable bundling set but not good enough... what I need is a dual layer floor or something... :D

tobster

1. Press DVD

2. Hold the magic/set button until the DVD button flashes twice.

3. Press 0533

4. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.

5. Press 994

6. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)

7. Press 00189 (if your oneforall remote uses 4 digit or 3 digit codes, use less leading zeros)

8. Press 1 ( this sets it to key 1 - it flashes twice )

9. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.

10. Press 994

11. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)

12. Press 00255

13. Press 2 ( this sets it to key 2 - it flashes twice )

14. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.

15. Press 994

16. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)

17. Press 00095

18. Press 3 ( this sets it to key 3 - it flashes twice )

19. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.

20. Press 994

21. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)

22. Press 00221

23. Press 4 ( this sets it to key 4 - it flashes twice )

24. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.

25. Press 994

26. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)

27. Press 00079

28. Press 5 ( this sets it to key 5 - it flashes twice )

The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the BDP-S550 region free:

1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it. It should read "HOME" on the front panel.

2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the oneforall remote. The blue 24p light will start flashing on the front panel

3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote

4. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback

AdChoices

Free Video Converter

www.VideoDownloadConverter.com Download Online Videos To Your PC. Convert Into Any Format - Get App!

Door Lock -DND

www.dnd.com.tw Various door locks made in Taiwan. Competitive price,excellent quality

Source: there is no region free code

Was this solution helpful? Yes No

Author image

papacarter

1 Solution

September 19, 2010

even I am trying to make to region free for Blu Ray

Source: HOW TO make BDP-S370 dvd region free. I want to

Author image

Muntejaya Ginting

10421 Solutions

February 27, 2011

Hi there, please get the code here : www.regionfreedvd.net/ www.dvdripper.org/dvd-region-codes-vs-ntscpal/ www.regionfreedvd.net/players.html

www.dvdreviewer.co.uk/Forums/...region_code/page1

Best Regards, Jay_c4d3

Source: BDP-S1: I would like to make it region free but need the c...

Author image

Muntejaya Ginting

10421 Solutions

February 27, 2011

Hi there, please get the code here : www.regionfreedvd.net/ www.dvdripper.org/dvd-region-codes-vs-ntscpal/ www.regionfreedvd.net/players.html

www.dvdreviewer.co.uk/Forums/...region_code/page1

Best Regards, Jay_ed4f5g

Source: I have one pioneer bdp

miles-high

Thank you but that was for a wrong model number... :)

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Just bought a 24" TV/Monitor (HDMI/DVI/VGA) to install on the wall, in front of the treadmill…

good luck let us know if you find a work around that works for you

can you hook up more than one dvd player? you can get em so cheap now days

and good luck on your new "exercise" program

2zydl09.jpg

• Like 1
CebuKano

Even the region locked ones can be unlocked. Just a matter of finding the unlock proceedure on the net. Mine involved having the tray opened and about 15 button combination.............

I owe you a beer or two or three! We recently bought a big screen TV (60 inches + or so) and it came with a Samsung home theatre DVD set free. It was region locked and wouldn't play any of our DVD's from the US. I tried your suggestion and found this site:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/

Entered my make and model number... followed the directions... It's now unlocked. Works like a charm. We no longer have to use the jury-rigged "old" DVD player with "bad" sound when playing our discs from home. Let me know when you are in town and lunch is on me. Thanks again!

• Like 1
tobster

I owe you a beer or two or three! We recently bought a big screen TV (60 inches + or so) and it came with a Samsung home theatre DVD set free. It was region locked and wouldn't play any of our DVD's from the US. I tried your suggestion and found this site:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/

Entered my make and model number... followed the directions... It's now unlocked. Works like a charm. We no longer have to use the jury-rigged "old" DVD player with "bad" sound when playing our discs from home. Let me know when you are in town and lunch is on me. Thanks again!

Glad to help. I used to have a well paying hobby doing this kind of stuff before. Its the same with cable TV, really simple to have one box going to a few TVs....

I will take you up on your offer next time I go to the city............

• Like 1
CebuKano

That's strange. I would think that Sony would have a way to unlock the regions... Maybe because they are so involved in movies, music, etc... I think that in today's digital age it's kind of dumb for the industry to "lock" DVD players by region. Or the DVD's for that matter. Most everything is available online anyway.