Child's 1st UK Passport question

maccydee

Hi all I'm looking for some info from members who have done this before. I emailed the embassy last December asking to book An appointment for march to apply for my sons 1st passport. The gods at the UK embassy replied saying I was applying too early (WTF) & apply in Feb but I was told I could have the documents sent by courier. Now I've went on the site to download the application form & I see a notice. That all 1st time applications are to be made in person. Can anyone give some clear info on this as I called the foreign office this morning but was told to just send it all to Hong Kong as that is where it ends up anyway. Any advice would be helpful thanks.

BoholoX

We applied last year, not sure if anything has changed. Just printed off the form (C1?) and sent the docs to Manila who forward it to HK for processing. Passports with the chip are now only printed in the UK and the fee paid includes courier to your RP address. Took about 4 weeks total and no need for a personal visit, perhaps as he was a minor?

Our first application for Josh was made in Manila at the embassy as we were advised it must be done there. They also didnt accept our counter signatory, they would only accept the doctor who delivered the baby at Chong Hua because the Philippines is a 'high risk' country, another couple who were there at the same time had the same problem.

maccydee

Thanks for that but I'm still confused as one has said just post & the other had to go for an interview. I'm gonna have to call the passport service again but it's charged every time you call them. I'm in the UK but all the documents are at home in naga solid prefer if all old be sent by post as I'm not back till January due to work commitments