• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• SkyMan

• Mandy

• A_Simple_Man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sunday, June 30, 2013 DAVAO City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte reiterated Sunday his ultimatum for drug pushers and other criminals to leave the city or suffer the consequences of their evil ways. "To drug

i do alot of business in davao. here in cebu city try to find a showcase in a pawn shop or jewelry and watch dealer that has ANY genuine rolexes and other high end watches on display. aside from the S

Do I approve of vigilantism? NO! Do I believe in political dynasties? NO!   But Davao went from being one of the most dangerous cities in the Philippines to one of the safest in Asia. That is unles

KennyF

It's on my list of places to check out for semi retirement.

KonGC

• Like 2
A_Simple_Man

I love it.  But all the do-gooders will be crying out to 'rescue' the poor criminals, especially the underage ones.

SkyMan

"To drug pushers, drug dealers, drug suppliers and perpetrators of heinous crimes, I say stop or leave. If you cannot or will not, otherwise you will regret it. Worse still, you may not survive your grief,"

So, when's your flight?
  • Like 4
Davaoeno

Duterte's wish list reads like something a politician says to get elected, but these are the things he said at his inauguration !!   [ he ran unopposed]

This is his 7th term  and he has proven before that he is willing to do what he says he will do . 

You wont find many do-gooders in Davao complaining about Duterte's methods- mostly because people really appreciate being able to live in peace. 

Of course policies like his are always subject to possible abuse- but in 7 terms there have been few complaints about abuse - and certainly no suggestion that poor people get less law and order than rich people

• Like 2
rainymike

I agree with Davaoeno (even if he has to pack his bags ... lol). Living in the Philippines is like living in the wild west. We need a strong sheriff in town. I do feel safer now that I'm in Davao. And I really don't feel the hand of repression. He's popular for a reason.

• Like 4

This is his 7th term and he has proven before that he is willing to do what he says he will do .

I thought there was a law preventing officials from serving more than a certain number of terms.  Can anyone enlighten me?

A_Simple_Man

As I said, I love it.  But isn't prostitution illegal in Davao?  What about using the services of same, is that illegal?  What kinds of criminals will be killed?  Anyone here a criminal?

But I would definitely trust the mayor to kill all criminals but me as I only do small stuff like speeding or not stopping at a stop sign. . .  just be sure to ell me where he draws the line so I don't step over it if I visit.

Davaoeno

As I said, I love it.  But isn't prostitution illegal in Davao?  What about using the services of same, is that illegal?  What kinds of criminals will be killed?  Anyone here a criminal?

But I would definitely trust the mayor to kill all criminals but me as I only do small stuff like speeding or not stopping at a stop sign. . .  just be sure to ell me where he draws the line so I don't step over it if I visit.

The only kinds of criminals that i have ever heard being "hunted" were drug dealers, snatchers, robbers, or anyone commiting violence ie rapists 

I think you would be safe being  a prostitute here [ or were you thinking more along the line  of being a customer  ? ]

Last week the new anti-smoking laws went into affect.  Now you cant sit outside at a bar and smoke - you have to either go to your car or go home .[ supposedly]  And while anti-smoking laws are enforced here no one gets shot for smoking -just fined]

you have to either go to your car

LOL-- The age old question arises it's ugly head yet again

How many Filipino's can you fit into a 4 door multi-cab----with stogies :)

Edited by KID
  • Like 1
A_Simple_Man

I think you would be safe being  a prostitute here

That would be interesting.  Are there fat old Western girls looking for that service there?  I'd feel like I was back home except I'd be the one getting paid.  

• Like 1
SkyMan

LOL-- The age old question arises it's ugly head yet again

How many Filipino's an you fit into a 4 door multi-cab----with stogies :)

Maybe there's a business op there.  "The smoking van" drive around looking for customers needing a smoke.  Sell 'em coffee too.

• Like 4
passingby

LOVE IT!  maybe I hope we could get a similar program in Cebu.  Don't worry about the small stuff but drugs, assault, robbery and the like need to be clamped down on more.  While I find MOST of the Cebu taxi drivers are primarily honest there have been a couple with rigged meters.  BUT not in Davao so I understand.  Just hope those leaving Davao will keep on going up to Manila and NOT decide to stop here and try our city for a while.

Guy60417

"To the children-in-conflict with the law who have made bloody fights and bloody riots nightly occurrences, do not waste your lives," he said. Duterte said the provision of the Juvenile Justice and Welfare Act of 2006, which exempts them from holding accountable in committing a crime, is undergoing amendment.

I hadn't come across this term before, but I googled it and got almost a million hits. Is it the new PC term for what we used to call juvenile delinquents? 

• Like 2
miles-high

A term which the UNICEF defines as "anyone under 18 who comes into contact with the justice system as a result of being suspected or accused of committing an offense".