Sign in to follow this  
RogerDat

Cream of Wheat

RogerDat

Greetings! I noticed the post about Uncle Bens rice, and how it came in diffrent flavors now, and got to thinking, I sure would like a bowel of cream of Wheat, with butter.

Any one seen any in Cebu?

jtmwatchbiz

rustans in banawa has the genuine USA cream of wheat. me and our 5 yr old have it all the time :) 

wacobay

RogerDat,

Sorry I don't know about Cream of Wheat in Cebu but thanks for reminding me of some wonderful breakfasts my Mother made me when I was a child. I usually eat Oatmeal in the Philippines. Wonder if Cream of Wheat has as good a nutritional value as oatmeal? Thanks for reading.

Knowdafish

RogerDat,

Sorry I don't know about Cream of Wheat in Cebu but thanks for reminding me of some wonderful breakfasts my Mother made me when I was a child. I usually eat Oatmeal in the Philippines. Wonder if Cream of Wheat has as good a nutritional value as oatmeal? Thanks for reading.

Nutritional data for Cream of Wheat

label081061.gif

Quaker (Old Fashioned) Oatmeal

labelL269291.gif

smokey

[

Greetings! I noticed the post about Uncle Bens rice, and how it came in diffrent flavors now, and got to thinking, I sure would like a bowel of cream of Wheat, with butter.

Any one seen any in Cebu?

[/quote

i like it also how much is it there??? they have the cooked in 1 min.. type or the instant and sunflower seeds 1 lb. bags DAVIDS ???

Edited by smokey

RogerDat

rustans in banawa has the genuine USA cream of wheat. me and our 5 yr old have it all the time :)

Thanks! Where is banawa?

jtmwatchbiz

Thanks! Where is banawa?

banawa is a neighborhood between guadalupe and labangon. it's just a small section of duterte st. that runs from v.rama into happy valley. rustans is located off duterte in the paseo arcena mall. easy to spot and all taxi rivers know the place.  

Foxy Rob

"Cream Of Wheat"  Never heard of it, and I used to grow acre's and acre's of the stuff, back a long time ago. Any of you other Aussies on here heard of it. I would love to try it as I like my "Porrige".

RogerDat

Greetings! Cream of wheat is US "northern grits" and is what they eat instead of corn grits. It is as you see above high calorie.

Its texture is more like mashed potatos, than any other food I can think of. Some put butter, others use jelly, but almost anything can be used to flavor it.