Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack

Shopwise, Fooda and Mooon Cafe (June 2013)

Wolfpack

We had a brownout here in San Fernando today, so I headed to Shopwise, Fooda and Mooon Cafe to check them out...as suggested by a couple of people this week...

Before doing any food shopping (or scouting)...we had lunch at Mooon Cafe (at the entrance of the Shopwise complex)...

First notable item on the menu...Bullfrog (the mixed drink)...I have not had that in 20 plus years (that statement sure makes me feel old)...sorry sir, not available...ok, I will have draft beer then...sorry sir, not available...how about a simple SM Pilsen? there ya go...I should have not been such a complicated customer and ask for stuff on the menu...

My wife had a grilled fish...(she liked it)

post-14653-0-72867900-1372323795_thumb.jpg

I had some shrimp dish (edible) and pizza (absolutely terrible, I never learn)

So off to shopping...

Shopwise first...several notable items...Florida Orange juice and Lemonade...Butterball Turkey Breasts...Philadelphia Cream Cheese...Sunnyside Ice Cream Sundae Cones...Tillamook Mozzarella Cheese...Motts apple sauce...Dole peach slices...the best thing I noticed about Shopwise that will put it on our monthly visit list is their local meat selection, best I have seen other than S & R membership shopping...

notable items I am surprised NOT to see...no USA soda products...not one...but they did have Welches grape juice and an American brand apple juice but can't recall the name of it...and a solid lineup of Alcohol...

So off to Fooda...several notable items...Corona...Welches Grape Soda...Canada Dry Ginger Ale...Arizona Ice Tea...Johnsonville Sausage (the type offered at SM, not the ones offered at S & R membership shopping)...not enough items to make this a monthly stop...

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

Wolfpack

post-14653-0-72712000-1372325860_thumb.jpg

USMC-Retired

They have angus beef from austraila I just had a hamburger very nice.

• Like 1

Wolfpack

They had a nice stock of Saputo Salted Butter...I didn't buy it because I have a lot of Lurpak butter right now...but Saputo is a great option especially for baking...

post-14653-0-68486900-1372326803_thumb.jpg

I should have bought more of these!!!

post-14653-0-68816300-1372326886_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

SkyMan

Is there more than one shopwise?  What's the farthest north?

Wolfpack

Is there more than one shopwise?  What's the farthest north?

This is my first experience with a Shopwise...this one is near Pardo, Basak maybe...I am not real familiar with this area...this Shopwise appears rather new to me...but I have not been in this part of Cebu in several years before today...

I have no idea if there are more of them anywhere...it reminded me of Wegmans in the USA...they had a sushi area...and several options within the store itself to eat lunch...

they sell more than just food...they had appliances...clothing...and more...

very clean place...and very well run...

wacobay

I haven't been to Shopwise but I have eaten at Mooon in Ormoc. My wife and I really like Mooon which is our favorite eating place in Ormoc. The Mexican dishes are ok but not up to my standard since I'm from Texas and accustomed to Tex Mex. Overall though the food is good and the service excellent. At least that's my experience. Thanks for reading.

Wolfpack

I haven't been to Shopwise but I have eaten at Mooon in Ormoc. My wife and I really like Mooon which is our favorite eating place in Ormoc. The Mexican dishes are ok but not up to my standard since I'm from Texas and accustomed to Tex Mex. Overall though the food is good and the service excellent. At least that's my experience. Thanks for reading.

Just that fact that they serve beer, means I will give them another shot...I will definitely choose something different (I am open to suggestions)

USMC-Retired

I just get the beef tacos. They normally are decent.

• Like 1

towboat72

in general MOON CAFE sucks .the food is just average the service depends on which location you are eating at.

like some one else posted  order the tacos and that fruit drink they have and it will be an ok exp .

• Like 1

Wolfpack

in general MOON CAFE sucks .the food is just average the service depends on which location you are eating at.

like some one else posted  order the tacos and that fruit drink they have and it will be an ok exp .

there WAS a Mexican place in the Robinson's in Talisay...but they close up a few months ago...I enjoyed their food and beer while my wife shopped...

Mooon Cafe at the Shopwise complex is a further travel...but since they do serve beer...likely my new hangout while my wife does the shopping...surely I will not make the mistake of ordering their pizza again...

Today Mooon Cafe had some blue lemonade...and I saw that at almost every table, so that must me o.k.

I also noticed, most of the people there were eating some type of soup with rice...so clearly that is the filipino favorite...

There were Americans at 2 other tables...they had something going to their tables in a sizzling plate...I did not recognize what they were eating...might have been some type of beef dish but I am not certain...

• Like 1

SomeRandomGuy

I just get the beef tacos. They normally are decent.

The only taco's worth any mention in this whole city  is the one's graheme does down at the silver dollar

I have eaten the ones at Mooncafe    and they dont cook the taco shell  before placing the ingredients in....   it just doesnt have the same texture or taste

I dont understand  it says on every bloody box of taco's I have ever bought either toast them in oven  or micro wave before serving   

Hell  my lil sister can follow these instructions   and she is a brain dead moron ( she doesn;t read this thread  so its ok     and yeah yeah  ofcourse I love her)

The only thing worth ordering   is a cute waitress         probably the only thing appetizing on their whole menu

Wolfpack

The only thing worth ordering   is a cute waitress         probably the only thing appetizing on their whole menu

The waitresses do wear a rather sexy outfit...even my wife commented on that...odd thing though, they wear heals with their outfit...those girls have got to have sore feet and ankles by the end of the day (clearly they did not watch the XXX movie where Xander Cage comments on his auntie (a waitress) wearing heals on the job)

Wolfpack

how much was this in walmart its 2.20

I will have to check next time...didnt buy any yesterday, still have plenty of butter in the house...

Edited by Mr. Wonderful