I Think I'm Going to Explode

Cebudog

At 5:05 the manager called to tell me the money was in my account.  Too late to touch it till Monday but it finally arrived 10 days after it was sent EFT.  What a joke.

• Like 2
SkyMan

Well, sorry for the hassles and I feel your pain.  But at least she was correct in that it was in Friday PM and it's surprisingly nice she called to let you know now instead of letting you fume about it over the weekend.  You might be tempted to switch to another bank but it sounds like they all go through Citibank which may be the problem.  Why not have it sent to a US account and withdraw via ATM?  Can have it on the right day that way, no delay.

• Like 2

Well, sorry for the hassles and I feel your pain.  But at least she was correct in that it was in Friday PM and it's surprisingly nice she called to let you know now instead of letting you fume about it over the weekend.  You might be tempted to switch to another bank but it sounds like they all go through Citibank which may be the problem.  Why not have it sent to a US account and withdraw via ATM?  Can have it on the right day that way, no delay.

Yes, why not have it sent to a US bank account and withdraw via ATM? Why go through all this hassle and stress?

• Like 1
smokey

and just where would most of the members be without good old uncle sam.... working at call centers
Paul

PHILIPPINE bank are the worse in the world

You, obviously, have not dealt with banks in Cambodia. :D

Just to give you an idea, here. I asked how long it would take for a check to clear, if I wrote one and deposited it into a local account, drawn on my credit union in the US. The answer I was given...

... two months! I almost  :shitbricks:

Better yet, why not open a USD Savings Account and deposit a check once every month or two, as needed? The funds will take around 14 days to clear your account. But, after the initial deposit, you can write checks to be deposited (READ: cleared) by the time you need the funds. I still have a USD Savings Account in the Philippines. 

In an electronic world funds should transfer immediately and I can quote many examples of this happening.  (BTW the OP is referring to transfers and not to deposited checks.)  But we all know why banks here and elsewhere hold onto the money transferred while they cream off the interest.

Some years ago when I was transferring Saudi Riyals to my BPI Peso account, I enquired of BPI why the maths never balanced (Saudi British Bank would tell me exactly how many Riyals had been sent.).  Apparently BPI has a habit of deducting a charge that never shows on my account.  Despite protesting that this was somewhat dubious if not downright fraudulent I got no satisfaction.  I do not object to paying that charge - it was additional to the conversion - but I do object to not being able to see it.  Give them their due though, BPI registered the transfer within three working days of it being sent, always.

goldote

A while ago I checked past threads about Citibank.  Many thought they were all connected but later

realized they had to use ATM's to get offshore money, not Citibank globally deposited money.

Cebu Citibank used to tell us that they're not connected to the global Citibank/Citigroup.

In fact, if you go to their website and location check for Citibanks, only Luzon and Mindanao show

Citibank locations.  The one in Cebu isn't shown.  It may still be independent and not exist in the Citibank system.

Banking in the Philippines is definitely a mind blower.

• Like 1