I Think I'm Going to Explode

Cebudog

Well, after waiting 6 months I finally got confirmation that my son's SS benefits back pay had been sent EFT to RCBC bank where my wife has our account.  It was sent on the 18th.  I contacted the bank on the 20th and they said "sorry, no deposit in your account."  

No problem, I waited until Tuesday and called again.  Sorry sir, no deposit.  So I spoke to the manager and she asked me for a reference number.  I got the number from SS in Manila and gave her the information.  That was at 9 am yesterday.  She was to be contacting her main office in Manila to track the EFT.  No word from her yesterday so I called again this morning.  Sorry sir, no deposit and no word from Manila yet.  I spoke to social security in the U.S. again last night and confirmed again that it was sent to Citi bank where RCBC has an account on the 18th.

This afternoon, the manager calls me and starts asking for awards letters, which I don't have yet, and claim numbers.  Why in the hell would they need that?  They have an account at Citi bank, they have the tracking number what else would they need to track down this EFT?

I think my head is going to explode!

Has anybody else had this problem?

A_Simple_Man

With RCBC they 'lost' 2 wire transfers in 4 years but 'found' them again after I emailed the SWIFT report.  Funny how that happens and there is never an explanation.  The last one was found sitting in Singapore . . and yet Singapore does not seem to be on the route whatsoever.   Keep receipts and hound them.

Paul

what is and how much is SSbenifit

What is, is Social Security (Administration) benefits. If an American citizen is on Social Security, be they retired or disabled, if they have a child, and once the child is registered as a birth abroad - confirming that child is an American Citizen, benefits (the $$) will be back paid from the date of birth of said child.

How much, is determined by the amount the main beneficiary draws. It is a percentage of the total amount the (American Citizen) parent draws.

I hope that is what you wanted to know. That is the way I read your reply, anyway. My apologies, if it wasn't.

• Like 3
panther

so its like the u.k where you get 20 bucks a week per child even if your working

Paul

so its like the u.k where you get 20 bucks a week per child even if your working

No. Not the same.

If you are an American Citizen, and are working within the US, or if you are an American Citizen working outside the US, as far as I know, you would not receive SSA benefits for you or any minor child(ren). (I have never known, or met anyone who has, anyway.) One may only receive these benefits if they are retired. If they have minor children, they may draw benefits for any minor children as well.

If the citizen is disabled, whether in or outside the US, they may draw Social Security Disability benefits rather than retirement benefits.

If I am correct, the amount they would draw would be the same for that person, whether they were disabled or retired. The same rules apply for minor children of the beneficiary. He / She would draw a percentage, over and above his / her amount, for any minor children he / she may have.

• Like 1
Mr. Mike

When I first started drawing my SS entitlement, the very first month payment was sent to the wrong bank account number. The SSA initially claimed they had sent the money, yet my bank said "no funds yet". After a three way phone call between all parties they finally got it sorted out.

SkyMan

Had my retirement check sent here to RCBC one month because I needed the whole thing here.  It went ok but I didn't like the few days delay and the $5 fee Citibank charged.  So I switched it back for the next month.

• Like 1
HeyMike

Cebudog, please update us and let us know the final outcome, thanks.

Well, after waiting 6 months I finally got confirmation that my son's SS benefits back pay had been sent EFT to RCBC bank where my wife has our account.  It was sent on the 18th.  I contacted the bank on the 20th and they said "sorry, no deposit in your account."  

No problem, I waited until Tuesday and called again.  Sorry sir, no deposit.  So I spoke to the manager and she asked me for a reference number.  I got the number from SS in Manila and gave her the information.  That was at 9 am yesterday.  She was to be contacting her main office in Manila to track the EFT.  No word from her yesterday so I called again this morning.  Sorry sir, no deposit and no word from Manila yet.  I spoke to social security in the U.S. again last night and confirmed again that it was sent to Citi bank where RCBC has an account on the 18th.

This afternoon, the manager calls me and starts asking for awards letters, which I don't have yet, and claim numbers.  Why in the hell would they need that?  They have an account at Citi bank, they have the tracking number what else would they need to track down this EFT?

I think my head is going to explode!

Has anybody else had this problem?

hmm, if I understand correctly rcbc use citibank as the correspondent bank.  this could cause all sorts of cmplications, and its probable its citibank that have messed up, perhaps due to ss not setting up the payment correctly.

trouble for you is you cant call citibank as thay dont know you.

best thing to do is get a copy of the payment deatils from ss eg full details of the payment, network, reference numbers etc)  and give that to rcbc./

good luck

• Like 1
Cebudog

hmm, if I understand correctly rcbc use citibank as the correspondent bank.  this could cause all sorts of cmplications, and its probable its citibank that have messed up, perhaps due to ss not setting up the payment correctly.

trouble for you is you cant call citibank as thay dont know you.

best thing to do is get a copy of the payment deatils from ss eg full details of the payment, network, reference numbers etc)  and give that to rcbc./

good luck

Already done that.  I spoke to the bank manager yesterday evening and she was asking for awards letter.  When I told her I didn't have one yet, she said well they might have to wait till I get one.  Two months? So I told her if I didn't have money by Monday I would call SS and have them cancel EFT due to not receiving it.  That got her attention.  She called me back 30 minutes later and told me her home office said the money would be in my account on Friday.  We'll see.

• Like 3
ellenbrook2001

bank too bank  process sometime take many days or weeks specially overseas bank too the PHILIPPINES has you know PHILIPPINE bank are the worse in the world i know some has too wait 30 days too clear the money.

sure you will get it when that the question mark?

RogerDat

Greetings! I had China bank, who uses Citi bank, a 5 day delay. I changed to Metrobank, a 3 day delay.

Citi bank is the problem. They used to be a major bank in Cebu, but can not remember seeing any branches lately. Wonder where all the money they lost went to?

Metrobank has offices in the US, and they only need $100 to open a pension account like from SS, or VA etc.

Cebudog

As of 3 pm today, still no deposit made.  I spoke to the manager this am and she assured me her home office had promised her it would be in my account today.  Even if it hits now, I can't access it until Monday.  This really sucks.  I swear, if it's not in there by 1 pm on Monday, I'll call Manila SS and cancel the EFT and open an account with another bank.  This is ridiculous.

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

I totally feel for you snd hope it works out as planned. It is typical of life here good until the slightest of issue then no one can fix in a reasonable amount of time. Everyone gives you the deer in headlight look and always someone elses fault. Just wait, it will be your fault soon.

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 1