I found the perfect Filipina, now I need help fixing that

Headed that way

jtmwatchbiz

If it's $40 I don't think it will break him.  And if he doesn't get his $40 worth he moves on.  Easy.

yes i agree and $40 is worth investing as the OP is trying to get some work relationship established. the only person $40 would break is perhaps some down and out desperado icecream vendor.

anyways, if harry is too busy to meet and hand over the cash to the gal just PM me and i'll have my wife do it for you as she is out and about every day and it would be no bother for her to swing by western union with the gal.

• Like 2
udonthani

it might not be $40. It could be £400 or $4000 except the OP knows that if he were to postulate sending that amount, he would be scorned at.  it would be no bother for the guy in the corner sari or a trycicle driver to go by Western Union with the gal either. She obviously doesn't want to give him her name or has some reason for Western Union not to know her name.

SkyMan

it would be no bother for the guy in the corner sari or a trycicle driver to go by Western Union with the gal either.

Yeah except he'd have to send the money in their name and not hers.

She obviously doesn't want to give him her name or has some reason for Western Union not to know her name.

You're right, she's probably really Bella Santos, or Imelda Marcos, trying to scam off $40 or maybe....
jtmwatchbiz

it might not be $40. It could be £400 or $4000 except the OP knows that if he were to postulate sending that amount, he would be scorned at.  it would be no bother for the guy in the corner sari or a trycicle driver to go by Western Union with the gal either. She obviously doesn't want to give him her name or has some reason for Western Union not to know her name.

well thanks for your input but it's totally irrelevant and off-topic whether the gal is sincere. the OP is obviously comfortable with the situation and merely asked for assistance in getting $40 to her, which most of us are willing to help him with, so why not go haunt another thread?  

• Like 4
udonthani

oh come on. How can the girl not have a friend or aquaintance that would be ready to go with her and pick up the money on her behalf for 100 - even if you swallow the line that she has no ID of her own. Even a semi-stranger like whoever serves her in the local sari would do it. It's totally ridiculous that this guy, 10,000 miles away from a girl he hasn't met and doesn't know - he doesn't even know if she's a girl - but who he wants to send money to (up to him), has to go on some internet forum to accomplish it.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

oh come on. How can the girl not have a friend or aquaintance that would be ready to go with her and pick up the money on her behalf for 100 - even if you swallow the line that she has no ID of her own. Even a semi-stranger like whoever serves her in the local sari would do it. It's totally ridiculous that this guy, 10,000 miles away from a girl he hasn't met and doesn't know - he doesn't even know if she's a girl - but who he wants to send money to (up to him), has to go on some internet forum to accomplish it.

well as i said before, that's irrelevant. it doesn't matter what the circumstances are or the logic behind the guy's behavior, the gal or their neighbor's dog up the street. he asked for a bit of help to carry out what he wants to do and some of us are more than willing. i hope that's alright with you? if not then let's meet up downstairs where i can really tell you what i think of you and your pathetic posts.     

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
  • Like 3
SomeRandomGuy

now now boys    

Paul

LOL, that ought to get some attention.

Recently I lined up a super nice Filipina for some virtual assistant duties and it is time to get her put to work but she doesn't have an ID card so I can't use one of the money transfer companies to wire her a small amount of money for internet café fees.

Now think about that for a second, all this talk about scammers and I found one that doesn't know how to collect money from foreign men.  LOL.  Might be a keeper if she was closer up to Clark.

Does anyone have a solution to sending cash without the recipient presenting an ID card?    A Postal ID card won't take but a few days to get but it costs three to four hundred pesos so it is a catch 22 situation.

Or does anyone live in Cebu that is willing to accept a $40 transfer and hand off the cash to her on a one time only deal?    A bit more than is needed for internet café fees but the money transfer fees being what they are I figure $40 is a compromise between risk and efficiency.

Ah the wonders of doing business in a third world country....

Whippy:

Some points here.

1. He is not outside the country.

2. He wants to send money to someone who is supposed to do some work for him. (I did the same thing during a big part of 2012, when I had a girl adding composed information to websites for me.)

3. The money isn't for a g/f, or other "love" interest. (Even if it is, it is none of our business. Nor did he ask for any advice in that regard.) 

3. I remembered that Palawan Pawn Shop will send up to x number of pesos for him, without the receiver having to have ID on hand, in order to pick it up.

4. Others here have offered to give her the money on his behalf, if he sends it to them. 

Since this topic has (quite obviously) been answered, and on several fronts, I will close this thread. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2