I found the perfect Filipina, now I need help fixing that

Headed that way

Headed that way

LOL, that ought to get some attention.

Recently I lined up a super nice Filipina for some virtual assistant duties and it is time to get her put to work but she doesn't have an ID card so I can't use one of the money transfer companies to wire her a small amount of money for internet café fees.

Now think about that for a second, all this talk about scammers and I found one that doesn't know how to collect money from foreign men.  LOL.  Might be a keeper if she was closer up to Clark.

Does anyone have a solution to sending cash without the recipient presenting an ID card?    A Postal ID card won't take but a few days to get but it costs three to four hundred pesos so it is a catch 22 situation.

Or does anyone live in Cebu that is willing to accept a $40 transfer and hand off the cash to her on a one time only deal?    A bit more than is needed for internet café fees but the money transfer fees being what they are I figure $40 is a compromise between risk and efficiency.

Ah the wonders of doing business in a third world country....

ellenbrook2001

hmmm oh never happen too me they all knew how too cash money if shes hes over 18 sure shes must have an id  or put on the name of hes best friend then they collected together ,could be a cousin,niece what ever .

Headed that way

She is, 23 years old. Had her room mate lined up but turned out the room mate just lost her ID card and had to apply for another. I don't think she finished high school yet, money problems some time ago, so her old school ID cards are expired.

Recently I lined up a super nice Filipina for some virtual assistant duties and it is time to get her put to work but she doesn't have an ID card so I can't use one of the money transfer companies to wire her a small amount of money for internet café fees.

Now think about that for a second, all this talk about scammers and I found one that doesn't know how to collect money from foreign men.  LOL.  Might be a keeper if she was closer up to Clark.

Does anyone have a solution to sending cash without the recipient presenting an ID card?    A Postal ID card won't take but a few days to get but it costs three to four hundred pesos so it is a catch 22 situation.

Or does anyone live in Cebu that is willing to accept a $40 transfer and hand off the cash to her on a one time only deal?    A bit more than is needed for internet café fees but the money transfer fees being what they are I figure $40 is a compromise between risk and efficiency.

No problem, I can do that 4 you!

I send u my info and cel numbers

I live in central Cebu City, in what area does she live?
I can travel within reasonable limits.

Next time it may be me who need help

Paul

I just woke up. One of the companies in the Philippines will send up to so much, without having to have ID.

Let me get oriented here, and think, and I will come up with the company in question that does that.

Please let me know how much you wish to send her, at one go.

smokey

she has to have id maybe she just dont want her real name know.... how did she go to school without id

Edited by Paul
Sorted out quoted text.
SkyMan

If she can get to the LTO a fixer should be able to get her a DL.

Headed that way

Thanks Paul. I can send a small amount if needed. Planning on sending $40, around 1,600 pesos but even five or six hundred pesos would get her enough cash to get her Postal ID then I can send more later.

I've been chatting with this girl for several months now and know some of her history. Had to drop out of high school, not enough money in the family to finish so it was four or five years back. Her ID cards for school are long expired.

Thanks for the warning Smokey. She seems okay and I am pretty good at sniffing out a fake, spent too much time in my younger days in a dance hall with the usual losers and drunks present. Got a PhD in human nature and learned to watch very carefully what someone says. But if I get scammed it won't be more than $40.00 cause no results = no more money.

If she can get to the LTO a fixer should be able to get her a DL.

I heard that a DL fix was several thousand pesos. Did I hear wrong?
Paul

Find your local Palawan Pawn Shop. I believe that is the company that will send a remittance up to x number of pesos, without ID. I wish I could remember the amount. It was something like under Php 1,000, or maybe Php 1,100? Sorry I can't give you further information on it. I just have too much information bouncing around in my head, from all my years in the Philippines.

3000-5000

Paul

Let's stay on topic here. 

SkyMan

My wife only paid about p1500.  We did the postal ID once.  What an absolute pain in the arse.  You go to get a US passport and they give you a list of 10-15 IDs and say bring 2.  Go for a postal ID and they give you a list or 13 and you have to get them all.  Crazy mess.
udonthani

surely the usual pattern of advice when it is some saddo sitting in front of a computer in the west and who has has never visited the Philippines not to send them any money?

they can always get some cousin or friend to pick up for them if there is an emergency of some kind, like they are in the city or something but they have left their ID back in the province. You're being scammed here.

SkyMan

You're being scammed here.

If it's $40 I don't think it will break him.  And if he doesn't get his $40 worth he moves on.  Easy.
  • Like 4