Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

Strange experience at SM grocery yesterday

SkyMan

I stopped in to buy some bread and chips.  Went to one of the express checkouts to pay.  After paying the bagger kid handed me stuff but when I reached out to take my stuff it was like I'd fallen through some kind of time wormhole or something.  My stuff looked like this:

images%5Cbag.jpg

I even looked up and down and all the cashiers had paper bags.  I didn't see a plastic bag anywhere.  Is this some new throw back trend or what?  Kind of creepy.

Edited by SkyMan

miles-high

I believe every Wednesday is "no plastic bag day" at some of the grocery stores... at least here in NCR…

Either you buy their bags made of some “burnable” or reusable (BYOB) material, or they put stuff in used cardboard boxes or in the paper bags pictured above…

You haven’t shopped on Wednesdays before? :D

SomeRandomGuy

lol  wednesday  has been sm's no plastic bag  for almost as long as I have lived here....

so that means i dont do shopping one wednesday   or the weekend( esp sunday)

I think Rustans   has theirs on friday

Edited by SomeRandomGuy

SkyMan

You haven’t shopped on Wednesdays before?

I guess not.  Mostly I shop at Fooda and I don't think they do paper.

Edited by SkyMan

the boss

Paper  bags!

Can't get one to put my stallion in.

KennyF

I like these.....

post-4822-0-12544500-1372290504_thumb.jpg

I think they were 20 pesos in SM Cebu city.

Great gifts for the in laws and neighbors too when you get too many.

KonGC

• Like 3

smokey

I like these.....

attachicon.gifBag.jpg

I think they were 20 pesos in SM Cebu city.

Great gifts for the in laws and neighbors too when you get too many.

KonGC

i buy these green things but you never remember to bring it with you and so now i think i have about 20 of them the bags suck they are very weak and tear if you look at them funny 

KennyF

i buy these green things but you never remember to bring it with you and so now i think i have about 20 of them the bags suck they are very weak and tear if you look at them funny 

I think we're talking about different bags mate.

SM green bags are almost impossible to tear.

I can't ever remember one giving in.

They have them in the super markets in Oz too, but about $1 each if I remember right.

KonGC

KonGC

• Like 1

smokey

They have them in the super markets in Oz too, but about $1 each if I remember right.

KonGC

KonGC

KonGC

KonGC

i mean if you dont buy a green bag you will be sorry the paper free ones suck 

smokey

so on wed. you have to dress like this so you can carry your green bag

post-35-0-35116000-1372291278_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

smokey

so on wed. you have to dress like this so you can carry your green bag

post-35-0-35116000-1372291278_thumb.jpg

rfm010

in quezon city plastic bags are no longer allowed due to concerns about the way they clog the esteros and cause flooding.  bring your own cloth bag or use boxes or paper bags if the store provides.  last time i was at sm mall (not grocery) they wrapped my purchases in brown paper sort of like wrapping christmas gifts.

problem with no plastic bags at the grocery is that we always used them as the liner for our indoor trash cans at home, now we have to (shudder!) pay for them. 

i use cloth bags and like them but i won't pay for one that has someone's advertising on it.  i figure they should pay me if i'm to be their walking billboard.

• Like 1

SomeRandomGuy

KonGC

KonGC

yeah i have a heap of them  they are great     Ihave gotten two from another store   and they were crap   but the sm ones  are still going     we are packing and moving house today   and i found  i had 8 of them( don't remember buying that many)    but they are still going strong  and are very convenient     today they are anyway    

ps   if anyone wants to come and help us pack    we would love u

KennyF

i mean if you dont buy a green bag you will be sorry the paper free ones suck 

Ah OK, crossed wires.

My apologys.

KonGC

passingby

Robinson Fuente does the same paper thing I think on Saturdays - SO I just shop someplace else on that day if I need something.  Yes i use the plastic ones as garbage bags so I do "Recycle" them.  The cloth or woven plastic ones can cause health problems.  Let's say the pack of meat is dripping the liquid / blood inside the plastic wrap as a lot of them do AND this gets onto your cloth or woven plastic bag.  OK - tomorrow you use the same bag and put your fruit or veg into it and they get contaminated with e-coli or other similar bacteria.  You do not wash it properly and get sick!  Proven fact my friends these bags DO spread contamination.  So for the Greene Feel Good types go ahead and save the world.  For people with a bit more analytical ability do what you want but for me I will stick to plastic and recycle them as garbage bags.