Re-Issuance of ACR card?

johnboy999

I'm here in the Philippines on a tourist visa, and last year I went and got my first ACR card after 2 months stay. Now, at the end of April this year, my 16 months was up so I did a visa run to restart the next 16 months but of course my ACR card is now expired. So, when I went to immigration in Mandaue to get my extension from 2 months to 4 months this week, I was expecting to have to pay $50 for a new ACR card. Instead, there is an item listed on my official receipt as "ACR RE-ISSUANCE (ADULT)" and "AMOUNT 250". Also in my passport, on the new visa stamp, it says "RE-ACR 250". It appears I have been charged 250 pesos, not the equivalent of $50 (a little over 2000 pesos) that I was kinda expecting.

Anyone seen this before on a tourist visa? Is this correct?

SomeRandomGuy

i have never had that  before         sounds like gold to me

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

If you got your card at your 2-4 month renewal, how did you make it to 16 months without renewing it? Didn't they check it when you did your 14-16 month renewal or when you got your ECC?

The P250 for reissue of the ACR is separate from the I-Card or so their web site shows. The original ACR cost 1,000 but the reissue is only 250.

From BI Site list of fees for Tourist Visa:

Re-issuance of Alien Certificate of Registration ACR for (2nd entry of every entry after 59 days)  P250.00

Additional Payment for I-Card $50.00

johnboy999

If you got your card at your 2-4 month renewal, how did you make it to 16 months without renewing it? Didn't they check it when you did your 14-16 month renewal or when you got your ECC?

The P250 for reissue of the ACR is separate from the I-Card or so their web site shows. The original ACR cost 1,000 but the reissue is only 250.

From BI Site list of fees for Tourist Visa:

Re-issuance of Alien Certificate of Registration ACR for (2nd entry of every entry after 59 days)  P250.00

Additional Payment for I-Card $50.00

The ONLY time I ever got asked for my ACR card was when I did the annual report. They have never asked for it at any other time

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Maybe I will be able to get my 2 month visa without too much hassle than. I won't offer it if they don't ask to see it.

In Dumaguete they always ask to see it so they can make you get one if it's expired.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Salty Dog