Sign in to follow this  
Doromaner

Deep Well

Doromaner

How is the water table in the the region. How deep are most wells needing to be drilled. Has anyone had a well drilled recently?

SkyMan

I guess you're talking about Dumaguete?  I think you (your wife really) need to talk to your neighbors to find out the local info.

RogerDat

Greetings! Water level is fine, but salt water intrusion is a major problem.

I have 4 wells in two locations. All are at about 32 feet. One well is drinakable, the other 3, one is in use, other are abandonded due to cracks after quake. My house has 1 sedement filter feeding 3 ceremioc cleanable filters to make water usable for washing. If you are in Cebu city, use city water.

Doromaner

I guess you're talking about Dumaguete?  I think you (your wife really) need to talk to your neighbors to find out the local info.

I am not in Dumaguete right now.

Paul

I would imagine, to get better water, one would have to drill considerably deeper than 53 feet, would they not? 

We had a well where I grew up, on Tybee Island, Georgia. It was an old 3" well with the pump mounted at the top. 

It was something over 115 feet deep, if I recall correctly? 

SkyMan

I am not in Dumaguete right now.

Ok, so at least give some pertinent info like, is the place you plan to drill this well near the ocean or up on a hill?  Are there other neighbors around that might be able to tell you how deep their well is?  Maybe they can tell you the cost of theirs?  Etc.

• Like 1

towboat72

our house is in compostela and our well is 93 feet deep  got good water from it

but like was stated need to know where you are going to drill the well ,talk to your neighbors  you can get a lot of info from them

Davaoeno

here i hit water at 10 feet, but to get enough pressure i go to 130-140 ft.  Costs 26,000 per well

SkyMan

here i hit water at 10 feet, but to get enough pressure i go to 130-140 ft.  Costs 26,000 per well

p200/ft is a very good price.  Of course that's for the drilling only, not the casing, pump or anything else.  Still a good price.  Does that include the installation of the casing?

• Like 1

Davaoeno

yes

but thats in Davao, and we had several wells drilled

mjstox

How did this turn out.  The driller how did you find ?

Headshot

It isn't possible for anybody to tell you how deep a well needs to be to penetrate an aquifer at your location. Aquifers follow the rock strata. Strata generally do not run parallel with the surface, so even though your neighbor may have hit water at 150 feet, you may not hit water until you sink your well 180 feet. You can get some ideas by asking neighbors all around, but it won't be exact.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1