Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack

Gaisano Tabunok (Fiesta Mall) June 2013

Wolfpack

Headed out today to find a birthday cake...daughter turns 4 tomorrow...I like a particular bake shop in Fiesta Mall (Angelica's I think the name is)...

Decided to try the McSpicy at McDonald's...they keep sending me tweets about it...and I don't follow them...not sure how that works...but they got me to try their sandwich...if they are gonna be selling spicy chicken...they seriously need to start selling beer!!!

Speaking of beer...Gaisano Tabunok sells mini kegs of Heineken...and were well stocked with those...as well as pint size (or close to it) cans and  long neck bottles...

Food items of interest at Gaisano Tabunok...carmel/apple flavored popcorn...we are gonna have to be eating that outside!!!

They sell Hunt's products...a couple different bbq sauces...and ketchup (didn't notice any Heitz Ketchup there)

They had a variety of American spices...including pizza spices..USA spices are getting easier and easier to find here...

Paul had mentioned he has purchased Mott's Apple sauce in Tabunok in the past...I could not find apple sauce of any kind...but they did have Mott's Apple Juice (Welch's Grape too)

They have a solid selection of hard liquor...Whiskey, Vodka, Rum...the works...and a decent selection of Chocolate too (same area)

They stock typical Lay's products...Dorito's, Potato's Chips and those crunchy orange cheese things my kids make a mess with...USA Brand but not made in USA...

They had seedless grapes...just got done eating those...no complaints there...

Kiwi's, USA Lemons and a nice fresh selection of Apples...

I was not impressed with their seafood selection...I stayed away from it...in fact, I just stayed away from their meats all together...my wife did by some though...

I didn't see any imported frozen stuff...nor did I see any imported drinks (other than alcohol, grape and apple juice)

Very limited supply of imported can goods...Spam was about the only thing I noticed that was actually imported...the canned fruit, Delmonte, had Manila lables...

Peanut butter and Jelly were imported...a couple options...Jiff and Peter Pan come to mind, though there were others...I always buy that as an emergency food...

If anyone has some favorite foods from Gaisano Tabunok...I would love to hear about it...I did a pretty thorough walk through the store...and this post reflects those findings...

Woolf

As far as I remember you will find lurpak butter there

Wolfpack

As far as I remember you will find lurpak butter there

yeah, we got Lurpak Butter there today...they had it both in bars and packets...

Beserker101

Rustan's Shopwise/ Mambaling = everything you need & cheapest prices around - (10 minutes from Fiesta)

... Gaisano Metro opening directly across street soon -

Wolfpack

Rustan's Shopwise/ Mambaling = everything you need & cheapest prices around - (10 minutes from Fiesta)

... Gaisano Metro opening directly across street soon -

Someone mention that place to me Monday...I am not familiar with where that might be...they said it was across the street from a McDonald's...I have not been past Fiesta Mall in that direction since SRP opened...

Beserker101

Someone mention that place to me Monday...I am not familiar with where that might be...they said it was across the street from a McDonald's...I have not been past Fiesta Mall in that direction since SRP opened...

You need to go bro, you'll probably think of it as Wonderland, .. its actually a mini-mall w/ a Joven's, Mooon Cafe, 50's retro diner,

... the Shopwise is the size of a two airplane hangars, clothes, electronics, huge beer/ booze/ wine selection, pay your bills there .

If they don't have it, Fooda Savemart is literally 50 meters away (they have a well stocked Johnsonville sausage freezer)

... 10 minutes from the Fiesta mall across from McDonalds -

btw - ample underground parking w/ a walkalator, you can bring your cart to your car -

Edited by Beserker101
  • Like 1