Form I-134 ... Will the paperwork ever end?

Maybe Next Yr

So thanks to people on this form,  Sweetie and I have figured out not to wait for the letter from the Embassy but start getting it all together.     :bighug:

Typical of what happens to my Sweetie, she runs into an old friend who's other friend works in a visa place.   So, for free, she gave Sweetie information on everything she needs .... I think it's too much.  So besides the I-134, she wrote that I need to provide the following:   :wheel:

• photocopy of sponsor passport( biographical pages & pages with stamp and visa)
  • copy of birth certificate
  • completed I- 134 affidavit of support form
  • most recent U.S federal income tax return ( form 1040)
  • wage statement ( form W-2)
  • employment letter/certificate stating salaries
  • pay slip for the last 6 months
  • Divorce decree of all previous marriages

Seems like "over kill",  I'd think the Embassy would have a lot of this already about me?  I can do it all but seems ridiculous!  

:scratch_head:

Thanks in advance!   I owe some beers when I come back!   :cheers:

shadow

So thanks to people on this form,  Sweetie and I have figured out not to wait for the letter from the Embassy but start getting it all together.     :bighug:

Typical of what happens to my Sweetie, she runs into an old friend who's other friend works in a visa place.   So, for free, she gave Sweetie information on everything she needs .... I think it's too much.  So besides the I-134, she wrote that I need to provide the following:   :wheel:

• photocopy of sponsor passport( biographical pages & pages with stamp and visa)
  • copy of birth certificate
  • completed I- 134 affidavit of support form
  • most recent U.S federal income tax return ( form 1040)
  • wage statement ( form W-2)
  • employment letter/certificate stating salaries
  • pay slip for the last 6 months
  • Divorce decree of all previous marriages

Seems like "over kill",  I'd think the Embassy would have a lot of this already about me?  I can do it all but seems ridiculous!  

:scratch_head:

Thanks in advance!   I owe some beers when I come back!   :cheers:

Yup, and that's just what YOU need to provide.

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

The fun just begins. Do not forget pictures of the two of you during your visits and all your chat logs. She must prove it is a real relationship during the interview.

• Like 1