Sign in to follow this  
SomeRandomGuy

Medical Marijuana available in south east asia?

SomeRandomGuy

A topic on this forum has got me wondering       

Is medical cannabis available in the philippines....?   I remember reading an article in every ones favorite news paper the

" Sun Star  "

about a famous filipino actress that was using hemp seeds to help with her cancer treatment   and I know of a few guys here in the philippines that use it for medical purposes( none that frequent this site     nor me  I might add)

Im just wondering if it is available here  and wether or not anyone has heard  if it is...  

The reason I am asking as the philippines tends to follow the states quiet often in laws and what not.

Plus with the government here pushing for retires's   and so many these days using medical cannabis for all the abilities that have been promoted in the media of late 

has anyone heard of the maybe push for the philippines to be the first south east asian country to allow people access to this medicine>?

Those that are against this subject  please    i'm just asking a question  

Paul

In Cambodia, yes, it is quite commonly smoked. Well, it is quite commonly smoked here in Sihanoukville, for sure. I see guys all over the place, in bars, outside dining establishments, on the beach, etc., smoking it. 

This, however, would not be tolerated in the Philippines. You would be in deep shite if you were to get caught with it there.

SomeRandomGuy

I had read while technically illegal   it is a grey area  where they just dont enforce it     

what i am wondering though  is perscription marijuana           the legal  kind for those suffering for cancer  and what not

blaze pontaine

I recently wrote to the PDEA (philippine drug enforcement administration) about this matter. 

PDEA Representative:

Hello, I am an American Citizen with a prescription for medical marijuana.  The citizens of the state of California have voted several
times to allow patients the right to purchase small amounts of marijuana for medical use.  My board certified doctor has diagnosed me with anxiety and sleep disorder.  Instead of taking addictive prescription pills I smoke marijuana every night to help me sleep. 

I would like to visit the Philippines and be allowed to smoke marijuana legally.  What is the PDEA's position on medical marijuana?  Thank you for your time.

-Blaze Pontaine

I still haven't heard back from the PDEA.

Edited by blaze pontaine

broden

I recently wrote to the PDEA (philippine drug enforcement administration) about this matter. 

PDEA Representative:

Hello, I am an American Citizen with a prescription for medical marijuana.  The citizens of the state of California have voted several

times to allow patients the right to purchase small amounts of marijuana for medical use.  My board certified doctor has diagnosed me with anxiety and sleep disorder.  Instead of taking addictive prescription pills I smoke marijuana every night to help me sleep. 

I would like to visit the Philippines and be allowed to smoke marijuana legally.  What is the PDEA's position on medical marijuana?  Thank you for your time.

-Blaze Pontaine

I still haven't heard back from the PDEA.

they might just be waiting to meet you when you get off the plane with your answer....

joking aside.. keep us updated

• Like 1

ThomsonJr

It's better not to buy marijuana from someone you don't know in the Philippines, smoking it in public is even more dangerous. The police will try to extort money from you if they get involved and you'll get locked up.

Cambodia and Laos are the only countries in south east Asia where I felt safe enough to buy and smoke marijuana, it's tolerated, but illegal.

Edited by ThomsonJr

Irenicus

I would like to visit the Philippines and be allowed to smoke marijuana legally. 

Hence the name, "Blaze."

:wheel:

Knowdafish

It is common in some areas of the Philippines, but not advertised as such. I've smelt it 1st hand. spliff.gif

And not on purpose either.  :P  The cops in Dumaguete seem to ignore it, unless it is flaunted. They seem to be more concerned with hard core drugs and the addicts. 

ThomsonJr

They seem to be more concerned with hard core drugs and the addicts. 

Unless it's a foreigner who uses soft drugs (such as marijuana) then all of a sudden they switch lane, right? ;)

Knowdafish

Unless it's a foreigner who uses soft drugs (such as marijuana) then all of a sudden they switch lane, right? ;)

I have no 1st hand experience with that, but I would imagine you are correct. I do know of some areas where the cops won't (afraid!) go and leave the whole matter alone. 

shadow

There is a long term Dumaguete expat who openly flaunted use for years, wore a pipe around his neck all the time, smoked in the bars, on the street etc. He eventually stopped flaunting it and now says "he quit smoking". I'm not sure what the truth of the matter is.

easy44

I have seen articles in the Sun Star where individuals have received life in prison for possessing as little as 3 joints.  Personally, I would not want to leave it up to anyone's discretion whether or not I should arrested for smoking weed.  Medical marujuana is not legal anywhere in the Philippines and you're playing a dangerous game if you try to test that that law.

Edited by easy44

roadhaze

I've been offered some a few times but always so no. I would not take the chance.

SomeRandomGuy

ha  ok    well i was just wondering the legallity of it all   as the expat living next door to me  is dying of cancer and he is broke broke broke and in constant pain.

his wife is not one of the good ones  and I dont think she gets him his pain meds   so i was just wondering  if it was legal at all   

I try to keep a low profile here  so I was just wondering if it was available for special circumstances for compassionate grounds here in the phils..

ha  I didnt want to go around and start asking doctors   as I don't want people thinking that I am smoking it.

I dont actually  even like the guy next door  as he is  bit of a cranky lad  when he wasn't  sick    but he had a stroke a few years ago  and his wife has been nothing but a leech ever since        sort of just feel sorry for the dude   u know what i mean