U.S. Embassy in Manila - processing time for K-1 Interview?

Maybe Next Yr

After 8 months the USCIS finally approved our K-1 visa ( :yahoo:) and sent it to the U.S. Embassy in Manila, it's been 3 weeks and the Embassy has not sent out the paper work for my sweetie's process and interview!   

She called them a couple times but they couldn't say how long it would take.  

Any ideas how long this process usually takes?

thanks in advance for any info!        :idontknow:

Call the NVC and get your MNL#.

When you get that, have your fiancée go to BPI and pay for the visa application/interview fee (there is a online printout to bring to BPI the same day you pay). Then after paying, she can then schedule an interview (online or over the phone).

shadow

Yes, call the NVC. You could have had her interview set a week or two ago. If you wait for the embassy letter it may take a month or two more, or it may not show up at all.

Just curious, what service center did you go through?

Edited by shadow
Majorsco

Is the letter needed for the interview or for the St Luke's medical?  My  neice is also waiting for her letter after knowing USCIS has approved her case.

shadow

Is the letter needed for the interview or for the St Luke's medical?  My  neice is also waiting for her letter after knowing USCIS has approved her case.

If you email the embassy they will email you back the letter.

Maybe Next Yr

Yes, call the NVC. You could have had her interview set a week or two ago. If you wait for the embassy letter it may take a month or two more, or it may not show up at all.

Just curious, what service center did you go through?

California Service Center ... Date they received my application was September 11, 2012 ...completed on May 10, 2013

USMC-Retired

They can email that confirmation letter. I am still waiting on the orginal packet 3 and packet 4 yet I have my interview date despite this shortfall. So do not wait for paper to arrive they are often lost and never arrive. It was one thing I constantly read.

redman69

Just in case you do not know. NVC means national visa center, they assinge the visa number. I am in the waiting line for Vermont now. It takes 2 to 3 weeks for the info to go from NVC to Manila, then from manila to the address can be long also. Doing it online seems to be the way the US government wants. And Shadow is correct when you get NVC number have her go to the BPI bank in the philipines and pay the visa fee. And you can take the same print out and have her go to st lukes to get the medical. I would recommend she has that done at least a week before the interview. So the results can come back and then st. lukes sends that to the embassy.

Also she needs to take a class at the CFO office. Philippine requirement. Then when she has her diploma she has to go back and have them stamp her US visa. they will not let her leave with out the stamp on the visa. do not end up at the airport with out it. You can goggle the cfo process. they have schools in Cebu and Manila. Just a one day class and of course fee as with all gov. stuff.  Good luck. 

USMC-Retired

I am not sure exactly what I did however I will try and explsin it. First mine may be a little diffrent as it is DCF not through the US lockbox. I filed my I-130 with manila from there it was sent to NVC I emailed them 5 or so days later and got a MNL case number with that I emailed them the DS230 and 2001. Then 3 days after that I set my appointment using the MNLcase number online. In about 10 working days I had an interview date. Our interview would have been the first week of July yet because of holiday we moved it to the 11th because of physical 8 and 9 July. 28 working days to interview however I never waited on anything and emailed after 4 days. Again what I read and learned NEVER wait on the mail here. That is universal across any visa.