After Fiancee interview in Manila

Can someone tell me if after my fiancée goes through her interview in Manila if she will have everything she needs for me to pick her up or does she have to wait for some more paperwork?

If she has already completed the CFO seminar, then she either picks up her visa, or it is sent to her.

Then she needs a sticker from the CFO for the passport, then she can go.

I think.

USMC-Retired

If she is approved then all she needs is the CFO sticker.

shadow

Can someone tell me if after my fiancée goes through her interview in Manila if she will have everything she needs for me to pick her up or does she have to wait for some more paperwork?

First she will have to wait for her passport/visa to arrive, which will take 3-10 days depending on where she lives. Then she will need a CFO sticker on her visa, which she can obtain from the CFO office by presenting her certificate of attendance of the CFO seminar and her passport/visa.

What exactly is a CFO seminar?  She went to something in Cebu that she called cenomar that had to do with some statement that we are going to get married and they gave her something to take to the interview.  Is that it?

She has a passport so the wait for the visa itself takes 3-10 days?

I would like to make the plane reservations to pick her up Mid-July but don't want to have to cancel because that is too soon.

Headshot

The CENOMAR is just a certificate that says she isn't already married, which she got from NSO. CFO is different. She needs to attend a CFO seminar (where they will tell her how evil you are...and is she really sure she wants to do this). I'm only half-joking about this...because some women have received exactly that treatment. The CFO office is in the old DFA building just across the street from Independence Park on Osmena Blvd. They only take so many per day, and it is first come first serve, so she needs to get there early to get into the seminar. The seminar takes most of the day. After the seminar, they will give here a certificate of completion. Tell her to guard that with her life, because the only way to get it replaced is to retake the seminar. When her passport comes back with the visa in it, she takes the certificate in with her passport, and they will put a CFO sticker in her passport. If she ever has to renew her passport in the future, she will need the CFO certificate to get a new CFO sticker in the new passport, so keep it in a safe place. I would advise against making reservations until everything is in place.You don't want to be working against a deadline when it comes to this stuff.

Edited by Headshot
SkyMan

Cenomar is a certificate of no marriage which means she's single and able to marry.  The CFO is a seminar she needs to attend so she can leave the country on a immigrant visa.  It takes about half a day and when she's done she gets a certificate of completion.  When he passport has a visa in it she takes that and the certificate back and they stamp her passport.

Also, has she already passed the physical?  She needs that before the interview.

AND can a MOD move this to the visa forum?

Edited by SkyMan

Things may have changed over 7 years,...but when I accompanied my fiancee to the same interview in Manila, she appeared back out after 4 hours with her passport AND the visa inside !  

We flew to UK the next day !

Good luck

SkyMan

Things may have changed over 7 years,...but when I accompanied my fiancee to the same interview in Manila, she appeared back out after 4 hours with her passport AND the visa inside !  

Good luck

The OP lists his location as San Diego, CA so we're assuming he's getting a US visa, not UK.  But thanks for playing....

• Like 1
shadow

Good luck

Has no relevance whatsoever to US fiance visas.

shadow

Go here;

www.cfo.gov.ph

Thanks everybody for your input.