Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack

S&R NEW Southern Fried Chicken

Wolfpack

post-14653-0-44397500-1371448780_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

smokey

how fresh can it be after a long boat ride unless you think they flew it overnight just for you ... fresh is local chicken

Wolfpack

how fresh can it be after a long boat ride unless you think they flew it overnight just for you ... fresh is local chicken

the breading is from the USA...

I know, I know...reading and comprehension is not your forte...

• Like 1

smokey

the breading is from the USA...

I know, I know...reading and comprehension is not your forte...

well if that is all it takes to give you a thrill .. have fun

USMC-Retired

No biscuts and sweet corn. Also where is the sweet tea. Sorry fails on so many levels.

Sent from my A919i using Tapatalk 2

smokey

No biscuts and sweet corn. Also where is the sweet tea. Sorry fails on so many levels.

not in price... 120 peso worth of chicken for only 399 on sale ..  here at costco they give you the whole chicken cooked for 200 peso... converted and a hot dog and drink for 60 peso converted 

• Like 2

Wolfpack

They no longer have sweet corn at KFC...here in Cebu...

The Hawaiian Sweet rolls (S & R has) are better than biscuts...that happens to be the concept of dinner roll used at Maryland Fried Chicken...

and the S & R fries go great with the chicken...much better than what KFC offers...

and...the drinks at KFC totally suck...I have been known to take KFC chicken to Shakey's pizza because the drinks at KFC are so bad...

bottom line here, this is a great addition to the deli menu at S & R membership shopping..if you do not like it...hey do not eat it...but some folks like me...are very pleased with it...so I am share something GOOD that I like!!!

• Like 1

USMC-Retired

Great addition to what? A lacking deli menu. So yes for here it is a plus. But sweet corn collard greens and home made mash is Southern. With a gallon of sweet tea and watermellon ice cream.

billy

399 pesos for six pieces of chicken give me a break

• Like 2

Wolfpack

Great addition to what? A lacking deli menu. So yes for here it is a plus. But sweet corn collard greens and home made mash is Southern. With a gallon of sweet tea and watermellon ice cream.

it is a step in the right direction...

will we ever get a southern menu in Cebu? I am not a business person but I would make a guess, they just do not have the southern tastes here...for it to be profitable...not to long ago, KFC did have buttered sweet corn...no idea why it stopped...my wife is filipina and SHE loved he buttered sweet corn...

I am almost afraid to ask for Mashed here in Cebu...I have been served some really BAD mashed here...

Wolfpack

399 pesos for six pieces of chicken give me a break

when is comes to chicken, what matters is the size of the 6 pieces (and ingredients used, both the oil and the breading)...and S & R is serving the RIGHT size of chicken pieces...You get what you pay for...

• Like 1

USMC-Retired

Sorry about bashing I miss my Southern food and posting where to get some good food is important as its hard to find.

My first meal when I get to Texas will be some good old Bbq slow smoked. After 6 years here they will have to roll me into the next room.

• Like 3

JamesMusslewhite

it is a step in the right direction...

will we ever get a southern menu in Cebu? I am not a business person but I would make a guess, they just do not have the southern tastes here...for it to be profitable...not to long ago, KFC did have buttered sweet corn...no idea why it stopped...my wife is filipina and SHE loved he buttered sweet corn...

I am almost afraid to ask for Mashed here in Cebu...I have been served some really BAD mashed here...

I think "South Texas soul food" would do very well here and would appeal to locals and expats both...

Davaoeno

and S & R is serving the RIGHT size of chicken pieces.

where exactly do they get these giant chickens from ???

• Like 1

Wolfpack

Genesis 1:1

New International Version (NIV)

The Beginning

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

eventually, HE creates chickens too...

I think "South Texas soul food" would do very well here and would appeal to locals and expats both...

I sure ain't gonna be the one to do it...

• Like 1

thebob

You are more fussy that Rainman. Cebu chicken not good enough for you?

I've never been to S&R, I hope to continue that tradition.

tobster

I am an Aussie who has been to the US and eaten real southern style chicken..............I know its not the same so dont tease me.............

• Like 2

johnboy999

I am an Aussie who has been to the US and eaten real southern style chicken..............I know its not the same so dont tease me.............

Looking at your avatar, it must have been like cannibalism :P

• Like 2

Headshot

That's pretty simple. They just let the chickens grow to adulthood instead of slaughtering them as pullets as is normal procedure here.

• Like 2

SirMadrigal

I have a mean BBQ Sauce recipe been in the family a long time, maybe I should make some when I get there and we can make a party of it, Southern Fair. As I grew up in the South most of my life I am very familiar with all the "Fixins", do they have Okra in CEB? Nothing like a nice greasy pile of fried Okra!! MMMM MMMM~!

I will miss Hush Puppies and Deep fried Catfish, however my waist line with miss neither.

Edited by SirMadrigal
  • Like 1

BFHammer

not in price... 120 peso worth of chicken for only 399 on sale ..  here at costco they give you the whole chicken cooked for 200 peso... converted and a hot dog and drink for 60 peso converted 

I love the costco chicken and they are double the size of the grocery store ones that are 3 bucks more. 

I love KFC and fried chicken but I don't love the reaction to the massive amounts of MSG.

SirMadrigal

I love the costco chicken and they are double the size of the grocery store ones that are 3 bucks more. 

I love KFC and fried chicken but I don't love the reaction to the massive amounts of MSG.

KFC and Taco Bell in annual battle for who uses the most MSG in their food, right now KFC is king.

• Like 1

Bill H

And gasoline is a couple bucks less, TV's a third less, etc. etc. so your point is??

Many things are cheaper in the US, some are more expensive, but mostly some things cost less.  So what?  The OP is just making comments about something he found and liked at S&R why skewer the man?  Sheesh!

smokey

Steroids are us 

smokey

And gasoline is a couple bucks less, TV's a third less, etc. etc. so your point is??

Many things are cheaper in the US, some are more expensive, but mostly some things cost less.  So what?  The OP is just making comments about something he found and liked at S&R why skewer the man?  Sheesh!

Because its suppose to be cheaper comparing chicken especially ... now how can anything be cheaper in the us when every employee makes at least 300 Peso an hour compared to 300 a day someone is making a killing selling a chicken .... same with cars philippines is almost in the back yard of korea and japan yet the car cost times 2