• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fluke

• billy

• Skywalker

• Jawny

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i just bought health insurance i don't sell insurance and don't care where you go. i'm just telling people that i've had insurance previously with IMG Global insurance at 2600.00 per year 2nd year the

It boils down to this.  If you have uninsurable pre-existing conditions, and you can't afford to self insure, then the risk is all down to you.   It may simply be that you cannot afford to live in t

the countries it covers on this policy are thailand,vietnam, philippines, malaysia, cambodia, laos, indonesia, and myanmar. As far as existing conditions i don't know. It is called A+ International in

Sorry i missed the name of the new company you switched to.

A+ International insurance

Thinking that with A+ International that my pre-existing conditions will make it not worth it. Those being type II diabetes, irregular heartbeat (without Atenolol), high cholesterol l(without Lipitor) and I had a skin cancer before. Just think they'll be stealing my money if they rule out any possible derivative of these issues. I'll just Phil Health and hope I don't get in any wacky accidents. Think i'll only be here for a few years and one of the reasons is the crappy healthcare and liability systems they have there. Seems very poor. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am now looking at 2 other insurance companies and will play with the options. They are US companies, Seven Corners and International Medical Group. Prices seem pretty reasonable but need to understand the pre-existing issues.

Thanks MikeeW..just some follow up if you dont mind me askimg. Any idea as to what and where should I get my health insurance coverage here in the Philippines with my family. I have been searching to some insurance companies but they wont accept over 60 years of age...

There are posts included in this thread offering suggestions of insurance companies to use. Philhealth is always mentioned and is a place to start. I am unfamiliar with any particular insurance companies here.

One suggestion is to go to a large hospital where you are living and ask at the admissions office which insurance coverages do they use. I've noticed in various doctor offices and clinics small signs referring to various insurance companies.

One of the larger advantages of having an insurance company they recognize is the ability to be admitted with little or no up front costs. There may be restrictions such as room type and deductible etc. That is likely true for any insurance company.

Keep in mind dependents as well. I believe Philhealth works on a family plan. One is registered and all are covered?

Was also going to get the Phil Health because these other plans will have a high deductible. I want peace of mind, that is what the other plan is about., Catastrophe. what I understood they'll let you in with the PhilHealth card. I take a few prescription drugs (Metformin, Diovan, Atenelol, Lipitor),  does PhilHealth help with that and what is the best way to buy them there ?

Edited by fluke

I hope other members can advise differently, but I think Philhealth is quite limited in paying claims for medicines.  This is also true of many other insurance companies.  There is typically a copayment required for maintenance medicines so it is never cost free.  As well, some insurers will limit payments to costs for generic when available.  If your insistent about getting the name brand you pay the additional cost.  This is nothing new.

Some drugs here have discounts available with special cards obtained from the prescribing physician.  These can be substantial, but they can also be ended unexpectedly if the company decides to drop the discount.

The only time I have had the full price of medicines paid since living here is during hospitalization.  The meds were included in the total costs and paid....though there is a coinsurance deduction for the total.  So, I still ended up paying a portion even while hospitalized.

I have found generics for a variety of meds are significantly cheaper here.  I think you will find the cost of meds here is similar to the costs in first world countries.

A Plus International covers stays of up to 90 days in US/Europe if you choose Zone A or B coverage.

Edited by spydoo

Generics yes I agree. I think Diovan is the only one I use that there is no generic at this time. Anyways there is no best way to buy ?  On line ? Any drugstore cheaper than others ? I take these everyday so it would be nice to get the best price and in quantity.

Anybody analyze the other 2 insurers I threw out there, Seven Corners and IMG as  compared to A+ ? I would link the info they gave me but not sure if the admins would agree. Let me know if I can and I will.

Any drugstore cheaper than others ?

I purchase my meds at The Generics Pharmacy and find that they have considerably better prices and meds are generally in stock compared to the other two large pharmacy chains which were more hit and miss from my experience.  Here in the boondocks, the Generics Pharmacy doesn't have a pharmacist on staff which I believe is required by law but I don't complain.

If you were to move here and have a need for prescription meds, you would likely want to see a cardiologist and get the prescription updated.  At that time, the particular meds you take now could be changed/modified.  Philippino doctors are very aware of the costs and availability of meds.

Generics yes I agree. I think Diovan is the only one I use that there is no generic at this time. Anyways there is no best way to buy ?  On line ? Any drugstore cheaper than others ? I take these everyday so it would be nice to get the best price and in quantity.

Anybody analyze the other 2 insurers I threw out there, Seven Corners and IMG as  compared to A+ ? I would link the info they gave me but not sure if the admins would agree. Let me know if I can and I will.

Id like to say a few things about IMG . I had them the first year it was 2500.00 per year following year they raised it to 4500.00 so i cancelled. A year later i signed up again at 2500.00 per year 2nd year they went up to 4500.00..... That was ienough cancelled and went with A+ International asain plan at 837.00 per year..... iMG is a joke
throttleplate

At that time, the particular meds you take now could be changed/modified. Philippino doctors are very aware of the costs and availability of meds.
After you get the prescription for comparable meds,go home first and google what they prescribed you and you may be shocked as to what it is.I was prescribed something for my shoulder and it put me to sleep so I googled it and it was for epilepsy,i know some drugs cross over to do other things but I went back to the doctor and complained and it was the docs fill in doc that gave them to me and he then gave me the proper med.

i just bought health insurance i don't sell insurance and don't care where you go. i'm just telling people that i've had insurance previously with IMG Global insurance at 2600.00 per year 2nd year they went to 3850.00 dollars per year so i changed companys and there charge is $837.00 per year with $1350.00  dollar deductable for inpatient coverage up to 1 million per year coverage at age 56 years of age... this plan is designed for south east asian countries theres 5 or six countries included.... if you need more info i can give you brokers email address....  if you go out of these countries on vacation you can buy trip insurance at reasonable prices to cover you when your out of the countries they include for a reasonable price...

Did you do any research to determine what their record is on payouts?

It's easy to offer cheap insurance, the true test comes when they have to pay.

Did you do any research to determine what their record is on payouts?

It's easy to offer cheap insurance, the true test comes when they have to pay.

There underwritten by allianz insurance a major insurance company. Also remember there covering you in countries in south east asia where hospital care is much cheaper.