Sign in to follow this  
billy

Health Insurance

billy

i just bought health insurance i don't sell insurance and don't care where you go. i'm just telling people that i've had insurance previously with IMG Global insurance at 2600.00 per year 2nd year they went to 3850.00 dollars per year so i changed companys and there charge is $837.00 per year with $1350.00  dollar deductable for inpatient coverage up to 1 million per year coverage at age 56 years of age... this plan is designed for south east asian countries theres 5 or six countries included.... if you need more info i can give you brokers email address....  if you go out of these countries on vacation you can buy trip insurance at reasonable prices to cover you when your out of the countries they include for a reasonable price...

• Like 2

fluke

Could you please supply us with that  agents contact info ? Sounds very reasonable if it includes pre-existing conditions and you can opt for Malaysia, Singapore or Thailand for complex procedures.

thanks

billy

Could you please supply us with that agents contact info ? Sounds very reasonable if it includes pre-existing conditions and you can opt for Malaysia, Singapore or Thailand for complex procedures.

thanks

the countries it covers on this policy are thailand,vietnam, philippines, malaysia, cambodia, laos, indonesia, and myanmar. As far as existing conditions i don't know. It is called A+ International insurance part of Allianz insurance a big company. email add. www.aplusii.com If you need more info email me. Good luck Edited by billy
  • Like 1

Contango

Sounds like it would be value for money..i found a video.

~

• Like 1

billy

Sounds like it would be value for money..i found a video.~http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwdGZfZGLyQ

Yes its the best plan for the price i found for expats in the philippines. I also have phil health at 150 pesos a month that should cover the deductable. So for around $875.00 a year im covered.

• Like 1

Headed that way

hell of a deal. I'll look into that once I get my condo set up.

fluke

So what would you do when traveling ? I probably will come back to U.S. for a month or so every year and might even hit Europe for a long trip. I would think just to cover emergencies.

motorboy

Would a policy like this still require me to pay up front? Thanks for the info

sperry

So what would you do when traveling ? I probably will come back to U.S. for a month or so every year and might even hit Europe for a long trip. I would think just to cover emergencies.

Just buy normal travel insurance.  it isnt expensive. Some aitlines offer it as a hard to avoid option when you book online.

in fact in some places its "free" with your credit card.  And as the credit card is "free" too, the cross subsidies is pretty well hidden

just be aware that if you have a critical accident your emergency repatraition might bring back to the phils,  which probabaly isnt whet yoi want.

I used IMG.  Not easy getting money out of them.  In fact Im still arguing for the firts cent.

Jon96843

Anyone from this forum have an idea as to what this " OBAMACARE " will have an impact on our health insurance.

As one of the beneficiaries of SS, living here in the Philippines, I am very confused as to the federal regulation on such insurance policy. To my understanding we have to purchase an insurance policy in the USA before the end of this year otherwise we get penalize when we file our income tax next year. Furthermore there will be an additional penalties if we dont include our dependents. This time I havent enrolled to Medicare for I am not qualified because of age restriction. My SS check is the only source for my income. The question is are we covered on such regulation, living here in the Philippines?

samatm

i just bought health insurance i don't sell insurance and don't care where you go. i'm just telling people that i've had insurance previously with IMG Global insurance at 2600.00 per year 2nd year they went to 3850.00 dollars per year so i changed companys and there charge is $837.00 per year with $1350.00  dollar deductable for inpatient coverage up to 1 million per year coverage at age 56 years of age... this plan is designed for south east asian countries theres 5 or six countries included.... if you need more info i can give you brokers email address....  if you go out of these countries on vacation you can buy trip insurance at reasonable prices to cover you when your out of the countries they include for a reasonable price...

Sorry i missed the name of the new company you switched to.  

Skywalker

Just make sure that you have valid insurance of some description.

If you don't then you are inviting trouble, particularly with the real possibility that you could leave behind a wife and children in considerably worse conditions than when you thought you were too clever for insurance premiums.

Been resident in SEA for more than 10 years - always had health insurance; for that peace of mind that only money can buy!

Jawny

Anyone from this forum have an idea as to what this " OBAMACARE " will have an impact on our health insurance.

As one of the beneficiaries of SS, living here in the Philippines, I am very confused as to the federal regulation on such insurance policy. To my understanding we have to purchase an insurance policy in the USA before the end of this year otherwise we get penalize when we file our income tax next year. Furthermore there will be an additional penalties if we dont include our dependents. This time I havent enrolled to Medicare for I am not qualified because of age restriction. My SS check is the only source for my income. The question is are we covered on such regulation, living here in the Philippines?

The requirement for obtaining insurance coverage does NOT apply to US citizens who are living overseas.

• Like 1

Jon96843

Thanks MikeeW..just some follow up if you dont mind me askimg. Any idea as to what and where should I get my health insurance coverage here in the Philippines with my family. I have been searching to some insurance companies but they wont accept over 60 years of age...

Skywalker

You might qualify for PhilHealth.

Have you approached them?