Sign in to follow this  
goggleye

cheaper resorts on the north end of cebu - know anything about these?

udonthani

nice one. I was thinking the same. Green Lagoon just north of Compostela sells fan rooms for 1000 I think. That is not that bad a resort, although I stopped eating there in the restaurant because they started getting tight with the portions. This place has pools now it has upgraded, but you can just about, swim in the sea by this point and the water is not so bad, although the beach is rocky. There must surely be a few places further south of this towards Liloan where you could get a room for less than 1000 that is beach facing or at least a short walk, for a swim. However those other places further south than that, being closer to the coty. the water will be fouler. Further north, I'm not so sure. There might be a decent enough place on towards Danao I don't know of. And beyond that I'm also not so sure. Obviously there is no shortage of pathetic overpriced resorts of the type you will find elsewhere in the Philippines.

• Like 3

goggleye

normally im not so concerned of the price but this year money is a little shorter  - so i have to look a little harder  - my sweetie is easy to please  - mostly we just want some time to reaquainted  after too long away 

Kim_

normally im not so concerned of the price but this year money is a little shorter  - so i have to look a little harder  - my sweetie is easy to please  - mostly we just want some time to reaquainted  after too long away 

Thank you for the links and information provided. The more expensive ones everyone can find in any search engine but information such as you provided is harder to find. Thank You!

• Like 1

udonthani

no mate, the 'cottages' thing is just a day rent type price. To get a regular room for the night, it is 1000. I had a girl ask them what the rooms cost, and she said 1000. I assumed, they were fan rooms, not aircon. Always remember, if they are aircon you can get them down on the rent by undertaking not to use it.

• Like 1

shadow

Warren's beach resort   500 a night for a fan room  

http://www.warrensbeach.com/

in Daanbantayan  the virgin beach resort -  800 for a fan room  - 600 if you book 7 nights  

I stayed at Virgin Beach Resort one night years ago. I would not return there if they paid me. There was no water, it took two hours for them to prepare a VERY small piece of chicken with rice, I waited two hours for breakfast to be served, then paid my bill and left hungry. The price quoted me was not honored. When I emailed the absentee owner about my dissatisfaction he called me a liar! (Inlaws run the place)

goggleye

no mate, the 'cottages' thing is just a day rent type price. To get a regular room for the night, it is 1000. I had a girl ask them what the rooms cost, and she said 1000. I assumed, they were fan rooms, not aircon. Always remember, if they are aircon you can get them down on the rent by undertaking not to use it.

the website said aircon for 1000 a night   ill have her check it    was it a nice enough place?

goggleye

I never have been there but is sounds great from what ive heard   

• Like 1

gmb8585

Been to Virgin Beach Resort last year and not impressed at all. room was ok, about 1200 per night with AC, pool ok, but place tooo far from anything and rocky shore, plus we were the only ones there at the time. fairly good service, just a poor vibe.  Much better is Skips Beach resort in Agujo, Daanbantayan, great staff, good food, nice town, good beach and a fabulous owner, Belle. Rooms from about 1000 to 1400 per night, I've been a couple of times and never disappointed.

• Like 4

Open_Ended

No resort here and this might be too late to help you, but Bogo City has the place listed below and has air, hot water, TV, food , locked area for your bike ...About 1100P per night ... Large rooms and safe and has about everything you need in its area .. Bogo is back east from San Remigio along the national Hiway ..

Northomes Pensione

Pelaez St., Bogo City, Cebu, 6010, Philippines

[email protected]

(63 32) 434-7688

(63 32) 251-3277

SomeRandomGuy

heaps off stuff up the north end.

Depends on what you want.  Both malipascua and baantyan island have heaps of resorts. Bogo is great there are a few off a bit from there.

On the way up there is also huna huna.   I liked huna huna as it had a mediteranean theme to it but it is one of those cebu beaches.

U know all rocks no sand.

Koto beach resort on baantyan is great and is owned by a filipino guy called ray.   

The resort next to his has a floating bar a few months of the year that is good too if you are a drinker.

• Like 1

SomeRandomGuy

Good info.  Have either of you been to  Siargao Island  http://wikitravel.org/en/Siargao#Get_around

Lived there for 6 months  lost of resorts      good fun good surf.    locals are a bit hardcore though. Defintaly is a tourist trap with all the costs that go with it.

Ie 1500 peso van hire for a 2 hr trip. 

Hell i seem to remember that quicksilver even pulled out and are not doing there surf comp there anymore as they were sick of getting ripped off.

nice to visit though.

Cheap flights from cebu to there sometimes

• Like 1

PeteHK

Certainly agree with the comments on Virgin Beach Resort.  Took the family there last year and we left early as the quality of the rooms and the long wait for food just made for a poor experience.  Maybe I've been unlucky but I've not been too impressed with the cheaper beach resorts north or south of Cebu, though Bodo's in Alcoy stands out as being pretty reasonable for the money, food is good, but the pool is on the small side.  Now we've decided to go less often but pay more to stay at a better quality place.

• Like 1