Sign in to follow this  
britash

beef burger patty

britash

Apart from S&R does anyone have a good recommendation for beef burger patties?

Cheers

USMC-Retired

I buy chuck roast from Rustans and then have them grind it. Then make patties at the house

• Like 4

SomeRandomGuy

yep yep  or u can buy the aussie grade beef from rustans ( 400 grams) mix in pork mince ( 100 grams just to add a but of fat)   add some powdered onion  a bit of salt and pepper     slam them together in a bowl

make good size portions  in your hand    fry fry fry     a good tip is to  buy some beef bones   and make a quick beef stock with them  ( very very simple takes about 40 mins)   then  u just add a bit of that while u are frying  to give it a real real beefy taste..

I dont wonder why im fat  i know why i am fat   and these taste bloody good.

makes about 6 to 7 patties

Edited by SomeRandomGuy
  • Like 4

towboat72

• need to make your own! those premade  ones are not burger patties they are hockey pucks.

• Like 1

Wolfpack

Apart from S&R does anyone have a good recommendation for beef burger patties?

Cheers

before S & R was open I would go to Ayala and have a steak ground up and made my own beef patties...

now that S & R sells Angus beef patties, 18 pieces for 1299 pesos (unless they are on sale)...I have no need to go elsewhere...those burger patties are best available in Cebu hands down...

• Like 1

cebubird

I buy chuck roast from Rustans and then have them grind it. Then make patties at the house

Gotta check this out-never seen a beef roast ANYWHERE here. Like to make my own, but since no good beef, just buy the Angus patties at S&R. Tried the US ground beef at S&r, but toooo much fat(good for spaghetti sauce tho).

• Like 1

Wolfpack

Tried the US ground beef at S&r, but toooo much fat(good for spaghetti sauce tho).

and Manwich!!!

(I drain the fat)

dc3driver

Manwich is great, makes the mediocre & poor quality beef here seem good.

• Like 1

SirMadrigal

Man I misread the Subject line, I thought it said "Beef Burger Party" :( was hoping to get in on some free grub.

• Like 1

agent17

What's the filipino translation of chuck roast?  Am I looking for kadera or Kalitiran?

Those frozen angus beef patties at S&R comes up to P478/kg.  That's a bit pricey.  It cost as much as buying sirloin at the meat section and have them ground them for you.

Edited by agent17

Ricky

100% better to make your own. We have a meat grinder and then a metal 1/4 lb burger press. At least you know exactly what you are putting into your burger that way.

• Like 1

Jawny

Where Is S&R?

GoHuk

100% better to make your own. We have a meat grinder and then a metal 1/4 lb burger press. At least you know exactly what you are putting into your burger that way.

Being a gastronomically illiterate Englishman, I preboil the beef and then use a Spong mincer (very, very hard to find).  Into the mix go onions, egg and a little flour, plus any herbs or spices you fancy.  A burger press is used to form the patties.

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=spong+mincer&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=WltKUqmPE4iyiQfAj4CADw&sqi=2&ved=0CCgQsAQ&biw=1019&bih=758&dpr=1#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=0ssqPuN9Vs9MRM%3A%3BV8yybBab7lQcbM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.homesweethomestyle.co.uk%252Fimages%252Fproducts%252F10%252520sept%252520025.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.homesweethomestyle.co.uk%252Fproductinfo.php%253Fproduct%253D1293%2526PHPSESSID%253D70a7304bdadaa6258559c23583f82263%3B336%3B448

My wife buys "Beef Tenderloin" from the local market which should be prosecuted under the Trades Description Act.  If she buys a lot then I'll make a steak and kidney pie with half of it.  Once again I always preboil the meat for a pie.

Is that Jamie Oliver outside looking worriedly over his shoulder?

Edited by GoHuk
  • Like 1

Ricky

Being a gastronomically illiterate Englishman, I preboil the beef and then use a Spong mincer (very, very hard to find).  Into the mix go onions, egg and a little flour, plus any herbs or spices you fancy.  A burger press is used to form the patties.

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=spong+mincer&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=WltKUqmPE4iyiQfAj4CADw&sqi=2&ved=0CCgQsAQ&biw=1019&bih=758&dpr=1#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=0ssqPuN9Vs9MRM%3A%3BV8yybBab7lQcbM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.homesweethomestyle.co.uk%252Fimages%252Fproducts%252F10%252520sept%252520025.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.homesweethomestyle.co.uk%252Fproductinfo.php%253Fproduct%253D1293%2526PHPSESSID%253D70a7304bdadaa6258559c23583f82263%3B336%3B448

My wife buys "Beef Tenderloin" from the local market which should be prosecuted under the Trades Description Act.  If she buys a lot then I'll make a steak and kidney pie with half of it.  Once again I always preboil the meat for a pie.

Is that Jamie Oliver outside looking worriedly over his shoulder?

Interesting that you preboil, any particular reason for that, how does it work out? I've never tried that, but could solve the problem of having fully cooked burgers at a late night over intoxicated BBQ in the garden.