The retired US Marine killed in Tagaytay on Christmas 2011 update

jbt2012

Just so I understand what you are saying -  you say that you know that his wife and her bf killed him because they were arrested, tried, and pleaded guilty in court ??

With all evidence and personal knowledge, of the case yes.  I believe they are guilty.  At first I didn't want to believe it.  But confronted with everything that I know along with the evidence  the answer is a Big YES.  

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jbt2012

• smokey

• JamesMusslewhite

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This very thing also happens in our own 1st world countries. The dark side of human nature transcends ethnicity, social standing, inherent genes, or societal  upbringing. Geed, desperation, evil inten

its crazy first NO jury so as a foreigner you on the outside looking in ... second if no one presses charges there is NO crime....bet you dont see that on the tourist info sheet ..

A guy wearing a black motorcycle helmet.  It is the Filipino way I think.

Excellent point and very accurate

That is part of the evidence, friend, his leg was always beside the bed, along with his shotgun.  both had been moved.  Then loaded shotgun had been moved by the maid the day before to an up stairs bedroom. and he was found slumped forward in his bed with his head smashed in.   And a lead pipe found in the swimming pool.  Also someone had turned off the Aircon,  Now almost everyone knows that a 350 lb guy, In the Philippines has the Aircon on  day and night, Even in Tagaytay.  The dog a very large breed that I gave to Jim had been either drugged or beaten, because another friend of Jim's and Myself said when he got there the dog never moved or barked just layed on the ground.  Well I owned that dog for 2 years , and that dog barked at anyone,  Even me when I came to visit Jim.  When I say large, believe me he was a 42 kilos plus. His head way almost as big as Jim's. He knocked me down more than once. Also Jim.  My daughter, and Jim's Daughter rode that dog like a horse a few times.

Does it not seem a bit strange that a guy who weighed 350 lbs and had only one leg would take off his fake leg, leave it somewhere and then supposedly crawl 20 feet to his bed ?  I have known people with prosthetic legs and they always sat on the bed and then left their leg on the floor/table right beside them for when they woke up . 

I grew up with a friend who's dad had one leg... he would leave his fake leg, in his house, often times in the corner of his bedroom and get around with his crutches , which he would use in the house to get around... and would  hit us in the legs with thoses cruthches  when we would mess with him... (lol...he was great guy... ) so I could see that the prosthetic leg could be 20 feet away from the bed...jmho

I repeat myself here, but as I have stated in the past, make a will, where, if anything happens to you (a expat - living in the Philippines) your money will not be release until your death is cleared up ... and let your wife and family understand that... if u are murdered then justice must be had before they get the $... jmho 

Edited by tim

Does it not seem a bit strange that a guy who weighed 350 lbs and had only one leg would take off his fake leg, leave it somewhere and then supposedly crawl 20 feet to his bed ?  I have known people with prosthetic legs and they always sat on the bed and then left their leg on the floor/table right beside them for when they woke up . 

All part of the evidence against the people in the house,  But I had an Email that he had a stump infection and had been not wearing the leg as much.  Even with that info, I have been to his house many many times, and his leg was never far away. The Wheelchair that was sold was 1 that I repaired, and Modified for him.  The first time he hit the joystick he was on his ass and he cracked his head good.  I did warn him in advance.

I grew up with a friend who's dad had one leg... he would leave his fake leg, in his house, often times in the corner of his bedroom and get around with his crutches , which he would use in the house to get around... and would  hit us in the legs with those crutches  when we would mess with him... (lol...he was great guy... ) so I could see that the prosthetic leg could be 20 feet away from the bed...jmho

I repeat myself here, but as I have stated in the past, make a will, where, if anything happens to you (a expat - living in the Philippines) your money will not be release until your death is cleared up ... and let your wife and family understand that... if u are murdered then justice must be had before they get the $... jmho 

Excellent Idea.  I told him this,  He already had many pieces of paperwork that was suppose to protect him.  But those disappeared after the police released the crime seen,  even Jim's bedroom was cleaned top to bottom with bleach and Ammonia.   There is a picture I saved from Facebook of 1 of the guys involved with the butt of a gun sticking out of his belt at a theme park near Tagaytay.. That gun belonged to Jim, and was reported stolen by the wife 6 months before Jims death.  What I think happened was Jim simply got overrun by his wife.  So many things bombarding him daily he couldn't keep up with who was coming in and out of his house.  I was even told that the wife had brought her BF to the house on more than 1 occasion,  And he was introduced as a Friend or Cousin.. We all know about Filipino Cousins,   LOL.   I say to friends  all filipinos are cousins.  The question is are they Kissing Cousins.

That last statement is meant as a warning for all foreigners living in the Philippines.  When you get introduced to a cousin of your ASAWA,  Kept the words in your head.  And ask Questions.  Also keep in Mind if you're a PLAYER, the girl you just had sex with last night has many cousins.  One of them maybe a secret admirer, and you just invaded his territory.  

I think the biggest thing that PISSES me off the most, is how many bribes were paid.  And I have received no news of anyone going to jail, or being fined for taking these bribes.  You would think that at least someone would lose their job, being that there are so many Pinoy's waiting in line for a job.

Lawyers are the same all over world, they don't do anything without money or the promise of money.

Maybe you need to drop the prosecutor a few pesos to insure the ball keeps rolling !!!

smokey

most of this type of thing ends bad for everyone after all the sharing is done and the money spent all the people who hung on move on .... all that is left is for the mastermind to find another sheep

• Like 2
Kabisay-an gid

This very thing also happens in our own 1st world countries. The dark side of human nature transcends ethnicity, social standing, inherent genes, or societal  upbringing. Greed, desperation, evil intent, and stupidity are a dangerous combination.

Hear, Hear! So true!

Some members of LinC seem to be under the impression that these things only happen in the Philippines. Men being murdered for their money, life insurance etc. - is AT LEAST as common in the USA as in the Phils, if not more so. This happens all over the world, for that matter.

• Like 1
smokey

unless after your snoring someone moves the leg...  homie 350 lbs is a lot to move 

Hear, Hear! So true!

Some members of LinC seem to be under the impression that these things only happen in the Philippines. Men being murdered for their money, life insurance etc. - is AT LEAST as common in the USA as in the Phils, if not more so. This happens all over the world, for that matter.

why are you trying to divert the thread to another country ....  ???    its not a story about a guy in the us or europe  OFF topic ... 

Davaoeno

With all evidence and personal knowledge, of the case yes.  I believe they are guilty.  At first I didn't want to believe it.  But confronted with everything that I know along with the evidence  the answer is a Big YES.  

it was the comment " pleaded guilty in court "   that caused me to ask the question

• Like 1

All true statements but usually someone answers for it in the end.  But I have never seen pinoys put in jail for it.  Some how anything you do is excepted.

The examples are endless there.  Joke Joke, The Smith case, they are endless.   I am sure the most niave forigner there has read or seen the cruption at it's finest.   

smokey

All true statements but usually someone answers for it in the end.  But I have never seen pinoys put in jail for it.  Some how anything you do is excepted.

The examples are endless there.  Joke Joke, The Smith case, they are endless.   I am sure the most niave forigner there has read or seen the cruption at it's finest.   

so was your friend collecting Disability ??    

it was the comment " pleaded guilty in court "   that caused me to ask the question

All pleaded Guilty is what I was told.  I was not in the courtroom.  I wish I could have been.. Some how the new Attorney has had the pleas withdrawn.  Because the prosecution use the birth of the bastard child as evidence againist the wife. He has said in court   O judge that is wrong the baby was pre mature.  No report no evidence to back it up. but somehow he was able to stop the prosecution in their tracks.  

so was your friend collecting Disability ??    

Yes he was collecting Full Disability.