• Administrator
Salty Dog

Did I miss something?  Why at the completion of 59 days?  Can't I leave the country, come back on my free 21 days and in that time get a 6 month visa at Intramuros BI, Manila?

I was just pointing out that many of the fees listed in the post are one time fees. As for if they will allow you to get 6 months extension before completion of your 21 day or 59 day, I don't think it's clear yet. Although they have said you can apply up to a month before the end of your current extension.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• no one

• johnboy999

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The main difference is that this one was announced by the BI themselves and the 30 day one was announced by DOT. I believe this one will actually go into effect and while it may cost a little extra th

If someone has issue with BI and find service lacking I suggest they go home. Reason is it only gets worse from there. They are the best, most organized agency in the Philippines. So save yourself st

Wow, they make one bold step forward in tourist visas and some of you think that means they're revamping the entire BoI.

johnboy999

I was just pointing out that many of the fees listed in the post are one time fees. As for if they will allow you to get 6 months extension before completion of your 21 day or 59 day, I don't think it's clear yet. Although they have said you can apply up to a month before the end of your current extension.

Basically. YMMV (your mileage may vary) but the figures quoted above give you the likely maximum fees you will have to pay (unless you have any oustanding late fees, etc to be added on top of course). In theory, they're not going to charge you the fee for the ACR card if you've already got it, so when anyone goes ahead and gets one of these 6 month visas it would be a good idea to check all the fees before you go ahead and pay at the cashier.

• Like 1
SkyMan

Hey 

I sent a qusten to BI Manila on facebook last nigth about the ECC Clearance --and l got answer on it now exact a l recive it

bureau of immigration, republic of the philipines

good day, sir:

We have rung the BI Cebu district office and they have confirmed

that you can apply for an ECC there.please coordinate with BI

District office thru the following numbers:

Bureau of immigration Cebu district office

P.Burgos ST.,Tribunal Mandaue city

Casmiro P. Madarang alien control officer

tel. (032) 345-6442 up to 44

fax -6441

Thank you

-arkb-

You were told this many times.  You have also been told you don't have to leave if you don't want to and can extend a few more times if you'd prefer.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Basically. YMMV (your mileage may vary) but the figures quoted above give you the likely maximum fees you will have to pay (unless you have any oustanding late fees, etc to be added on top of course). In theory, they're not going to charge you the fee for the ACR card if you've already got it, so when anyone goes ahead and gets one of these 6 month visas it would be a good idea to check all the fees before you go ahead and pay at the cashier.

Well Said. Can't be much clearer than that.

im loving it and will go for it at the 24 month mark 

that is if it is still available lol 

Jim Sibbick

im loving it and will go for it at the 24 month mark 

that is if it is still available lol 

Only if you spent the first year as a Balikbayan. Otherwise, the instructions are quite clear. Not availabel beyond 16 months.

I found this on the website of the Philippines Embassy in Thailand, so it should be reasonably accurate...

http://www.bangkokpe.com/long-stay-visitor-visa-extension-lsvve/

Long-Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSVVE)
19 JULY 2013 / FRIDAY / 10:34 AM BY BKKPE

ANNOUNCEMENT

The Philippine Embassy is pleased to announce that the Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI) has launched the Long-Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSVVE). With the LSVVE, foreign nationals may now enjoy longer visa extension for six months under a single transaction.  The visa costs PHP13,900.00 for visa-required nationals and PHP11,500 for non-visa required nationals.  (For the list of visa-required and non-visa required nationals, please see the link at the Philippine Embassy website –http://www.bangkokpe.com/visa/guidelines-on-the-entry-of-temporary-visitors-to-the-philippines/).

Under the program, the maximum stay that could be given to non-visa required nationals is 36 months while visa-required nationals could be given 24 months. Conversion to other visa category is also allowed.

The initial implementation of the LSVVE is limited to the BI Main Office in Intramuros, Manila, until further notice.

Below is the schedule of fees for visa-required nationals:

Extension Fee PHP 3,010.00 Application Fee PHP1,810.00 ACR PHP1,010.00* Head Tax PHP250.00** ECC PHP710.00*** Certification Fee PHP510.00 I-Card PHP2,100.00**** Express Lane Fee PHP3,000.00 Express Lane Fee (Cert) PHP1,000.00***** Express Lane Fee (I-Card) PHP500.00 TOTAL PHP13,900.00

* PHP510.00 for fourteen (14) years old and below

**No Head Tax for those below sixteen (16) years of age

*** PHP210.00 for fourteen (14) years old and below

****Actual rate depends on USD=PHP foreign exchange rate

*****Double Express Lane Fee

Below is the schedule of fees for non visa-required nationals:

Extension Fee PHP 3,010.00 Application Fee PHP 910.00 ACR PHP1,010.00* Head Tax PHP250.00** ECC PHP710.00*** Certification Fee PHP510.00 I-Card PHP2,100.00**** Express Lane Fee PHP1,500.00 Express Lane Fee (Cert) PHP1,000.00***** Express Lane Fee (I-Card) PHP500.00 TOTAL PHP11,500.00

* PHP510.00 for fourteen (14) years old and below

**No Head Tax for those below sixteen (16) years of age

*** PHP210.00 for fourteen (14) years old and below

****Actual rate depends on USD=PHP foreign exchange rate

*****Double Express Lane Fee

In either case, an additional One Hundred Pesos (PHP 100.00) as cost of the sticker visa shall be collected.

For more information about the LSVVE, please view  http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2007&Itemid=78 and http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2008&Itemid=103.

Only if you spent the first year as a Balikbayan. Otherwise, the instructions are quite clear. Not availabel beyond 16 months.

i dont see any where there any balikbayan requirements so im lost again 

to me it states that non visa countries can get this 6 months up to 36 months 

but again i might be just reading it wrong 

USMC-Retired

A US citizen that arrives is a VISA Required . Thus only 2 years. am I missing something?

A US citizen that arrives is a VISA Required . Thus only 2 years. am I missing something?

you dont need a visa prior to entering the country you get 21 days at the airport 

some countries you do need a visa and you have to get it before you go there 

SkyMan

you dont need a visa prior to entering the country you get 21 days at the airport 

some countries you do need a visa and you have to get it before you go there 

Right, almost all countries fall into the no-visa-required category.  There's is nothing to do with the Balakbayan privilege mentioned.

panther

went for my exit visa today BIG MISTAKE about 40 freakin nigereans all doing the same thing took about 3 hours

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Why don't they just let us pay for the ECC at the airport. Why the hell does it need to be notarized when none of our other visa applications require it? And why thumb prints? Typical BS. 

SkyMan

Why don't they just let us pay for the ECC at the airport. Why the hell does it need to be notarized when none of our other visa applications require it? And why thumb prints? Typical BS. 

The prints may be the reason tourist visa ECCs can't be done at the airport.  They already have a full set of 13A holder's prints on file.

throttleplate

I left manila NAIA in May this year,this is me asking agent at window whom is stamping my passport on exit from ph about ECC.

Then on to getting passport stamp to exit country and line was massive out the door but was moving nicely and was talking to some people which made it seem quicker and when I was now standing in front of the window and handed my passport to the agent whom asked me how long I was in ph and I said 12 months and he looked at stamps and then asked for ECC.I handed him my ecc and he said why didn't I give it to him right away and I said because I wanted to see if you were gonna request it as you didn't last time I was was leaving after 12 months stay.

I am on a tourist visa,i asked him what would have happened if I didn't have an ecc and he says that I would have to speak with the immigration supervisor and explain to him why I didn't have one and if explanation was reasonable they would give me one at the airport immigration office but unless you have lots of time I would be worried about missing your plane as I don't think they are worried if you mis yours flight or not as they are of course on Philippine time so you can sweat it out and worry yourself to death as they feck with you or just get it in advance of your trip to avoid heart attack.And no I wouldn't have considered slipping him some cash to let me slide,this guy was young and didn't act like he wanted to be fecked with,he was squared away with me.

hyaku

They must employ someone to think up ways of getting more money. It is helpful to people in the province that have to travel in and stay in hotels. Then again I used to pay a courier to renew my visa. Even with courier fees it's 12,000 for six months.