• Administrator
Salty Dog

They told use in Dumaguete that Exit Certificates were no longer available at local offices. Told everyone we had to go to Cebu or Manila. Even when they issued them, they use to send them to Manila for approval before they issued them. It's no big deal, so can't figure out why they want to make it so hard to get them. They did tell us you can just pay the fee at the airport before you depart. I've heard mixed reviews about this though. Seems to depend on which airport your departing from. Not worth taking the chance and not being able to leave on time.

• Like 2
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• no one

• johnboy999

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The main difference is that this one was announced by the BI themselves and the 30 day one was announced by DOT. I believe this one will actually go into effect and while it may cost a little extra th

If someone has issue with BI and find service lacking I suggest they go home. Reason is it only gets worse from there. They are the best, most organized agency in the Philippines. So save yourself st

Wow, they make one bold step forward in tourist visas and some of you think that means they're revamping the entire BoI.

Forefall

Wish they had these when I was first here.  Jeesh.

johnboy999

Anyone get one of these 6 month visas yet? A friend who is not on forums asked me if he will be able to get one. Since it has been more than two weeks it should have been implemented but we all know how things work in the good ole Philippines, or should I say often do not work   :as-if:  so that is why I ask for boots on the ground info. Thanks in advance.

They're only trialling these at Manila BI at the minute. No word on if or when the scheme will get rolled out to the other offices nationwide yet

Wolfpack

They're only trialling these at Manila BI at the minute. No word on if or when the scheme will get rolled out to the other offices nationwide yet

so now there is a second reason to go to Manila (Burger King being the first)

throttleplate

are exit visa,s available from bacolod b I office anybody ?

NoPosted 04 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Bacolod does not issue,i was there last month and walked into boi and was told to go to manila or Cebu.

I traveled to Cebu to visit my expat friend and also mainly to get ecc for tourist visa past 6 months stay as I am in month 12, Iloilo city does not have authority to issue one.I arrived in Cebu Tuesday night and on wed morning I find out its labor day and govt is closed.On Thursday I go to the new boi in giasiano mall mactan as friend lives in lapu lapu but the mactan office only does visa renewals so now on the way to manduane.

Arrive at 9.am and the place is standing room only,i get in a line and quickly I am handed the ecc paperwork from a big fat dude whom was very informative in answering my questions.It took me 2 minutes to fill out paperwork and then back in line to fat man and gave him my passport and 3 pictures with paperwork I filled out,again very quick line only a couple minutes both times.He didn't need any of my passport stamp receipts or proof of airline ticket on date leaving because I was not over stayed to this point,if I was a to date overstayer then airline flight out and stamp receipts will be needed.

He took my passport and ecc and took them to processing and soon I was called to see the cashier and paid her total of 500php and then I sat down again and later was called to get fingerprinted and then sat down and then at the 2 hour mark I was called to processing window and handed my completed and approved ecc.

I rate this experience as a grade A,the day after labor day and a packed house and 2 hours was painless.I did witness some bad anger by one expat,he was wearing slippers and was told to exit the building but he got pissed and he was pointing out others at their footwear including guys wearing crocs with no socks and assorted sandals with no socks and he then went outside and came back in with a armed guard and went to certain individuals and pointed at their shoes and then pointed out that the ladies had slippers on albeit they were nice fashion slippers but slippers they were but according to the guard woman are allowed to wear slippers.

The dude then went out and I guess rented some shoes cause he came back in and did his extension,Other guys were so loud in explaining their problem to whomever was dealing with them as if they talked as though they were screaming at them and from what I could make out it had to do with overstaying and someone other than them fecked it up so they pleaded.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
hyaku

Newspaper says 6 months will cost 13 thousand.

I have read same cost as you paid before whatever 2 to 8 or 10 to 16 you dont save a penny but +100 peso  and only in BI MANILA  so if you live outside of Manila + cost of trip there instead 2 extra times to local BI for the 2 months extension so ??? 

Paul

Okay, so this six month visa is supposed to be in place now. 

From what a recent poster states, it should be about Php 13,000.

They are, from another poster, available in Manila.

Now, my question is, do they offer this elsewhere in the Philippines, now? Has anyone here arrived and secured one from Cebu or Davao?

• Administrator
Salty Dog

The newspaper said the fees are the same as 3 x 2 months plus P100 for sticker. Well that is around 9,000. Where does the 13,000 figure come from? Maybe if that is when you also get your ACR-I Card. Also they won't charge you express fees for the 4th and 6th month, so it should actually be cheaper.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1
johnboy999

The newspaper said the fees are the same as 3 x 2 months plus P100 for sticker. Well that is around 9,000. Where does the 13,000 figure come from? Maybe if that ss when you also get your ACR-I Card. Also they won't charge you express fees for the 4th and 6th month, so it should actually be cheaper.

I found this on the website of the Philippines Embassy in Thailand, so it should be reasonably accurate...

http://www.bangkokpe.com/long-stay-visitor-visa-extension-lsvve/

Long-Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSVVE)
19 JULY 2013 / FRIDAY / 10:34 AM BY BKKPE

ANNOUNCEMENT

The Philippine Embassy is pleased to announce that the Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI) has launched the Long-Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSVVE). With the LSVVE, foreign nationals may now enjoy longer visa extension for six months under a single transaction.  The visa costs PHP13,900.00 for visa-required nationals and PHP11,500 for non-visa required nationals.  (For the list of visa-required and non-visa required nationals, please see the link at the Philippine Embassy website –http://www.bangkokpe.com/visa/guidelines-on-the-entry-of-temporary-visitors-to-the-philippines/).

Under the program, the maximum stay that could be given to non-visa required nationals is 36 months while visa-required nationals could be given 24 months. Conversion to other visa category is also allowed.

The initial implementation of the LSVVE is limited to the BI Main Office in Intramuros, Manila, until further notice.

Below is the schedule of fees for visa-required nationals:

Extension Fee PHP 3,010.00 Application Fee PHP1,810.00 ACR PHP1,010.00* Head Tax PHP250.00** ECC PHP710.00*** Certification Fee PHP510.00 I-Card PHP2,100.00**** Express Lane Fee PHP3,000.00 Express Lane Fee (Cert) PHP1,000.00***** Express Lane Fee (I-Card) PHP500.00 TOTAL PHP13,900.00

* PHP510.00 for fourteen (14) years old and below

**No Head Tax for those below sixteen (16) years of age

*** PHP210.00 for fourteen (14) years old and below

****Actual rate depends on USD=PHP foreign exchange rate

*****Double Express Lane Fee

Below is the schedule of fees for non visa-required nationals:

Extension Fee PHP 3,010.00 Application Fee PHP 910.00 ACR PHP1,010.00* Head Tax PHP250.00** ECC PHP710.00*** Certification Fee PHP510.00 I-Card PHP2,100.00**** Express Lane Fee PHP1,500.00 Express Lane Fee (Cert) PHP1,000.00***** Express Lane Fee (I-Card) PHP500.00 TOTAL PHP11,500.00

* PHP510.00 for fourteen (14) years old and below

**No Head Tax for those below sixteen (16) years of age

*** PHP210.00 for fourteen (14) years old and below

****Actual rate depends on USD=PHP foreign exchange rate

*****Double Express Lane Fee

In either case, an additional One Hundred Pesos (PHP 100.00) as cost of the sticker visa shall be collected.

For more information about the LSVVE, please view  http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2007&Itemid=78 and http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2008&Itemid=103.

johnboy999

Okay, so this six month visa is supposed to be in place now. 

From what a recent poster states, it should be about Php 13,000.

They are, from another poster, available in Manila.

Now, my question is, do they offer this elsewhere in the Philippines, now? Has anyone here arrived and secured one from Cebu or Davao?

The link I posted in post #70 says "The initial implementation of the LSVVE is limited to the BI Main Office in Intramuros, Manila, until further notice." - basically they are just trialling it there and it's not available in Cebu or Davao yet. Who knows what changes will happen to the policy under the new head of BI that is replacing Mr David.......

• Like 1
SkyMan

PHP11,500 for non-visa required nationals.

Under the program, the maximum stay that could be given to non-visa required nationals is 36 months

Who falls into the visa required category?  Like Iraq and maybe Afghanistan?

• Administrator
Salty Dog

The fees listed for ACR, Head Tax, ECC, Certification and I-Card are a once a year fee that are paid when you get your first 2 months extension at the end of your 59 days. If you already paid them like most of us have, fees would be much less. Closer to the P9,000.

It looks like these fees assume your getting a 6 month visa at the completion of your 59 days.

Edited by Salty Dog
A_Simple_Man

It looks like these fees assume your getting a 6 month visa at the completion of your 59 days.

Did I miss something?  Why at the completion of 59 days?  Can't I leave the country, come back on my free 21 days and in that time get a 6 month visa at Intramuros BI, Manila?

Hey 

I sent a qusten to BI Manila on facebook last nigth about the ECC Clearance --and l got answer on it now exact a l recive it

bureau of immigration, republic of the philipines

good day, sir:

We have rung the BI Cebu district office and they have confirmed

that you can apply for an ECC there.please coordinate with BI

District office thru the following numbers:

Bureau of immigration Cebu district office

P.Burgos ST.,Tribunal Mandaue city

Casmiro P. Madarang alien control officer

tel. (032) 345-6442 up to 44

fax -6441

Thank you

-arkb-