johnboy999

hello all,,,i sent an email to immi and they have replied that the 6 month visa is only available at manila office,,thus far.

if any 1 wanted,, I would attach the document/letter etc

I already told you this new 6 month visa was only going to be available initially in Manila in post #40, but thanks for confirming it for us, and well done in actually getting a response to an email in the Philippines! Plenty of times I've emailed businesses, etc here and either had no response or it's taken weeks for them to reply. It's good to hear the BI are on the ball with that. Hopefully, if the initial trials in Manila work out ok they will roll the scheme out nationwide before too long.

The current commissioner, Ricardo David does really seem to be trying to shake up the Bureau pretty well and they're making steady improvements. I don't buy into all the negativity some of the guys in this forum show. In my more recent experiences over the last year or two things are much better than before (but still plenty of room for more improvement!)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• no one

• johnboy999

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The main difference is that this one was announced by the BI themselves and the 30 day one was announced by DOT. I believe this one will actually go into effect and while it may cost a little extra th

If someone has issue with BI and find service lacking I suggest they go home. Reason is it only gets worse from there. They are the best, most organized agency in the Philippines. So save yourself st

Wow, they make one bold step forward in tourist visas and some of you think that means they're revamping the entire BoI.

SomeRandomGuy

hello all,,,i sent an email to immi and they have replied that the 6 month visa is only available at manila office,,thus far.

if any 1 wanted,, I would attach the document/letter etc

Woodchopper  could u please pm me the email  u used

i tried to pm u   but as u are a new member  i could not

salamat 

johnboy999

Woodchopper  could u please pm me the email  u used

i tried to pm u   but as u are a new member  i could not

salamat 

as a new member with less than 50 posts, he can't send PMs either. Maybe a mod can help you two get in contact with each other, or he can post it on this thread as it would be a useful address for others to have

USMC-Retired

BI has improved so much in the 5 years it is unbelievable. In 2007 to get an extension you would drop your passport off in the morning and come back in the afternoon to pick up. If you sat and waited 4-5 hours to process. The people are very nice and actual know their jobs. Compare that to the people at any local civil registar who are lost. This 6 month visa is a winner and moving BI forward.

• Like 3

yaa i keep hearing bad things about bi offices but i have always been treated well in tacloban and ormoc. so i kinda wonder maybe those who gets treated bad, is ppl complaining and demanding and are generally disatisfied ppl. u get a long way with a smile and being nice to other ppl. if u bring a bad attitude u will receive that back.. treat the staff as u want to be treated by them

• Like 2
Davaoeno

u get a long way with a smile and being nice to other ppl. if u bring a bad attitude u will receive that back.

absolutely correct !! i find nothing beats a smile and being nice and a 500 peso note .

A_Simple_Man

so i kinda wonder maybe those who gets treated bad, is ppl complaining and demanding and are generally disatisfied ppl.

It is a common failing in our society to blame the victims.  You may be right, or you may be blaming the victims.  I get treated much better in Mandaue BI than I do in Tacloban.  I am not demanding or complaining in the BI office.

I am not treated extremely 'bad' in Tacloban but I would recommend the Mandaue office from my experience.  However, from your comment I accept that this is somehow my fault.

SomeRandomGuy

Next time u go there   bring a cake...    tell them  u want to give this to them for a snack

Its not a bribe   philippinos love to eat 

the will like u that day  ha

USMC-Retired

If someone has issue with BI and find service lacking I suggest they go home. Reason is it only gets worse from there. They are the best, most organized agency in the Philippines. So save yourself stress. If you think otherwise try DFA, NBI, NSO, LTO and some civil registar offices. I have dealt with all and only wish they were like BI

Sent from my A919i using Tapatalk 2

• Like 4

It is a common failing in our society to blame the victims.  You may be right, or you may be blaming the victims.  I get treated much better in Mandaue BI than I do in Tacloban.  I am not demanding or complaining in the BI office.

I am not treated extremely 'bad' in Tacloban but I would recommend the Mandaue office from my experience.  However, from your comment I accept that this is somehow my fault.

i did not say that, i can only talk from what i see when i am there, and only ones have i seen one not treated well and it turned out that he did have a past. everyone they seem nice and efficiant to when i am there

SomeRandomGuy

If someone has issue with BI and find service lacking I suggest they go home. Reason is it only gets worse from there. They are the best, most organized agency in the Philippines. So save yourself stress. If you think otherwise try DFA, NBI, NSO, LTO and some civil registar offices. I have dealt with all and only wish they were like BI

Sent from my A919i using Tapatalk 2

unfortunately that is so true

but i'd still bring a cake

Edited by SomeRandomGuy
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Dumaguete office was busy but they usually got me in and out in 20 minutes for a 2 month extension. Sometimes it took all day but you just drop off and come back later.

I downloaded a copy of application from BI site and turned it into a fillable form with Adobe. I take a picture of Passport pages they require and I-Card, then transfer them to my computer. I print everything at home, sign it before I arrive at office. It takes about 30 seconds to pay and that's it. Nothing left to do but wait. I am wondering How my first visit here in Cebu will be.

Can't forget to get the old long slacks out of mothballs. In Dumaguete there was no clothing enforcement. Come as you are was accepted.

I got the 2 month extensions at 16, 18, 20, and 22 months from there. Only additional requirement was a letter explaining why I wanted/needed to stay past 16 months. Paid a fee to get a receipt for reconsideration and then faxed it with the usual package to Manila Office. Got approval usually in a week or so except once when they lost everything in Manila so had to resend. The letter had to be notarized which cost P200 and the lawyer was in same building. I used same letter each time except I changed the dates and the statement as to how long I had already been in the Philippines so it had to be notarized each time. I've heard about people getting from 16 to 24 all in one extension by just asking.

• Like 2
Lee

Anyone get one of these 6 month visas yet? A friend who is not on forums asked me if he will be able to get one. Since it has been more than two weeks it should have been implemented but we all know how things work in the good ole Philippines, or should I say often do not work   :as-if:  so that is why I ask for boots on the ground info. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1
panther

are exit visa,s available from bacolod b I office anybody ?