StoneHarrington

ANYTHING that help's rekieve the frustrating lines at the BI is great news. Hope this will be implemented soon...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• no one

• johnboy999

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The main difference is that this one was announced by the BI themselves and the 30 day one was announced by DOT. I believe this one will actually go into effect and while it may cost a little extra th

If someone has issue with BI and find service lacking I suggest they go home. Reason is it only gets worse from there. They are the best, most organized agency in the Philippines. So save yourself st

Wow, they make one bold step forward in tourist visas and some of you think that means they're revamping the entire BoI.

This will be a great option for people! 

Paul

I'll be interested in the new fees structure to see how attractive it is ...

Oh, don't you worry none. They is gonna make it very attractive fer all.

dress-up-pig.jpg

I predict that within a few months of implementation they will be "sorry Sir, no stock" on stickers!

Ahh, another optimistic soul. 

Few months?  :ROFLMAO:

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Don't count on it being any cheaper than extensions...Convenient yes. Cheaper, do you really think they will leave money on the table?

• Like 3
johnboy999

I wonder if this new sticker is like the Cambodia/Vietnam ones that take an entire page.  My passport (valid for 10 years) was full up after only 5 years, and was the extra pages edition - unlike the Americans, we UK chaps can't add pages after the passport as been issued.

Was any mention of price made?  Is this a replacement visa for the 59 day one?

Isn't there then a charge made to leave the Country if you stay 6 months?

In my passport, 3 of the 2 month extension stamps take up a page, so, even if this new sticker takes up an entire page it won't necessarily make any difference to how quickly your passport gets filled up, will it? Kinda depends a bit on how many exits and entries you are making, or if you are staying for the full 16 months between exits, I guess.

As for the cost, it will obviously be more expensive as the sticker's security and tracking features will cost them more than a bit of ink for a rubber stamp (at least, that's what they will tell us).But even if it is slightly more expensive than 3 separate 2 month stamps, it's still a win-win for most people as they will either have just one set of travel costs to the BI office instead of three, or one set of agents fees instead of three.

• Like 3
Bill H

I'm confused, because I generally get a one year visa now and it is a large sticker that pretty much fills the page.  It's been that way for over a year now.  Anything they can do to eliminate that 59 day run is a blessing in my view.  I was planning on applying for a new 1 year next week, maybe I'll wait another week to see if anything surfaces about this new program.

SkyMan

I'm confused, because I generally get a one year visa now and it is a large sticker that pretty much fills the page.  It's been that way for over a year now.  Anything they can do to eliminate that 59 day run is a blessing in my view.  I was planning on applying for a new 1 year next week, maybe I'll wait another week to see if anything surfaces about this new program.

Well, with the 1yr visa being multi-entry it could potentially save you a lot of page space. 

But the article doesn't give details (as usual) on how this will be implemented.  Is it something that can or needs to be applied for from the embassy before arrival or can it only be obtained from the BoI at a normal extension time. 

As for cost savings, at least you'll only have 1 express lane fee instead of 3.

I notice a couple posts saying you can only extend to 16 months but I think you can extend up to 2 years now.

panther

well i.m about to get my last stamp before i have to leave the country i wonder if they will give me one of the new ones that will take me past the 16 months mark.

OzGuy43

im guessing it will be more expensive than the cost of 3 by 2 monthly extensions.  lets see. it will certainly be a lot more convenient

i also seen few posts about 16 months 

im pushing 17 months and was under the impression that it is 24 months and even at the office they told me it is 24 months 

only after 14 months i had to get a approval from manila to extend any more but still im good and have a stamp now 

Nangulo

IMPLEMENTATION OF THE LONG-STAY VISITOR VISA EXTENSION (LSVVE)    MEMORANDUM ORDER No. RADJR-2013-007

Pursuant to Memorandum Circular No. RADJR-2013-002, the following guidelines are hereby issued in connection with the implementation of the LSVVE:

1. Applicability – The LSVVE shall apply to all nationals.

2. Extension of Tourist Visa – Subsequent LSVVEs may be applied for during the last thirty (30) days of the previously issued LSVVE, or upon the expiry of a regular visa extention.

3. Restriction on Extensions – The approval of the Commissioner shall be required for visa extensions when the number of months applied for would exceed the 16-month limit.

Foreign nationals with an accumulated total stay near the 16-month cap from the date of their latest arrival should be informed of the preceding restriction should they apply for additional visa extensions.

No LSVVE shall be issued to visa-required nationals whose stay exceeds twenty-four (24) months and thirty-six (36) months for non visa-required nationals.

4.    Payment and Fees – An additional One Hundred Pesos (Php 100.00) as cost of the sticker visa shall accrue for the account of the Bureau of Treasury.

Applicable visa extension fees shall still be collected based on the schedule of fees for the entire six (6) month period.

5. Implementation – The initial implementation on the LSVVE shall be limited to the BI Main Office in Intramuros, Manila until further notice.

(Sgd.) RICARDO A. DAVID, JR.
Commissioner

Source:  http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2008&Itemid=103

Edited by Nangulo

ok so it is 24 months just like i was told and yes i had to do the 

The approval of the Commissioner

i got that done so now im good until 24 months 

so why are you guys leaving after 16 months for visa ???

SomeRandomGuy

ha  they keep changing the Rules....  I only just learnt about this  2 year thing     from Paul    

USMC-Retired

The PH loses so much money with the 16 or 24 month exit. Why there is such a requirement is beyond me.

Sent from my A919i using Tapatalk 2

SomeRandomGuy

The PH loses so much money with the 16 or 24 month exit. Why there is such a requirement is beyond me.

Ahh   you must not have been here that long if you still think this government would use common sense..

I dont even know some days if there is a word for logic when dealing with any "Bureaucracy"

Just joking

Filipino logic is great    totally top notch