can any one help me with this 

im not old enough to retire so  i like to know if there is a age limit on this 

can i own a company with this kind of visa ( i know the list of buss i as a foreigner can own :) )

can i work with it (or is there a limitation )

whats the cost to get it 

i know there is a deposit not sure how much but can i spend it or do i have to sit on it for some time 

thank you :)

tobster

If you plan to do business here I think if you employ 10 or more locals you can stay indefinetly......much better deal than the retirement visa if you plan on going that way..

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

can i own a company with this kind of visa ( i know the list of buss i as a foreigner can own :) )

whats the cost to get it 

i know there is a deposit not sure how much but can i spend it or do i have to sit on it for some time 

Everything you need to know about the retirement visa can be found  and it couldn't be explained more clearly at www.pra.gov.ph  

If you plan to do business here I think if you employ 10 or more locals you can stay indefinetly......much better deal than the retirement visa if you plan on going that way..

where would i find any info on this 

for sure sounds better than the visa :)

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

where would i find any info on this 

for sure sounds better than the visa :)

That visa is called a SVEG visa. I wouldn't recommend it for a few reasons, but not knowing your total situation its hard to give the best advice as well. Just keep in mind that the SVEG is a non-immigrant visa and is contingent on you maintaining 10 employees. These can not be cash paid, fly by night type of employees - they all have to be paid on the books with corresponding TINs etc.

Also the SVEG is not in place by Philippine law, it is in place by presidential decree from the previous administration, take that for what its worth.

Davaoeno

That visa is called a SVEG visa. I wouldn't recommend it for a few reasons, but not knowing your total situation its hard to give the best advice as well. Just keep in mind that the SVEG is a non-immigrant visa and is contingent on you maintaining 10 employees. These can not be cash paid, fly by night type of employees - they all have to be paid on the books with corresponding TINs etc.

Also the SVEG is not in place by Philippine law, it is in place by presidential decree from the previous administration, take that for what its worth.

and the penalties for any infraction are draconian !!

ancienrocka

whats the cost to get it 

The age limit for the SRRV or Smile as it's now called is 35+

The visa does not change your rights regarding company ownership in any way, but it does mean you are exempt from requiring an AEP and, not sure, maybe a work permit?

Check out the options at www.pra.gov.ph

you need to keep the agreed sum in a deposit to keep your visa active, but you may use it to invest in certain things like a condo.

Oops, my reply is in the quote.