But the kid is not my son…

miles-high

Most of you foreigners are lucky in that you have your own son/daughter with a Filipina. You are more or less assured of your son or daughter being equal to or better than you in their personality, academic performance, character/traits, etc. ;)

You will send them to the best schools here or your own country, making sure their future will be as good or better than yours…

No so, if you ended up with a single mother… the kid is not your son (or daughter)… having seen many 100% Filipino kids, you would doubt what's in their future… It seems their elementary school education is equivalent to our pre-kindergarten level, would they be able to compete with other countries' highly educated kids (unless one became a boxer... ;))?

What are your options, then?

1. You never get involved with a single mother?

2. Replace the single mother with a younger, better, prettier girl?

3. Have her kid adopted and have your own son/daughter?

4. Leave the kid with her relatives (for good), buy their cooperation.

5. Take a chance with someone else’s kid.

What’s your take? :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• broden

• jtmwatchbiz

• miles-high

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I say something similar. Anyone can be a father. It takes a special guy to be a daddy (papa). That child doesn't care what color you are. He / She only wants to be loved, provided for, and to feel sec

Blood does not make a father I think you know what the right answer is !!

My wife had two sons when we got together and I could not disagree more with the OPs sentiments. These boys were only 12 and 14 when they came to Oz but have excelled in every way since. They are ter

Posted Images

Half Baked

I'm married to a Filipina. We have OUR baby girl.

Honestly, I would have never gotten "seriously" involved with a single mother. Filipina or otherwise.

Sometimes, I'm an a-hole that way! I've been the son to a single mom... and believe me, it wasnt a friggen fairy tale from my point of view either!

Edited by Half Baked
  • Like 2
dutchben

I send the daughter of my wife sister here to school in Cebu, the san carlos university and hope she have better education and future then when she stay in Opol mindanao.

We have no kids from yourself.

• Like 4
Brucewayne

I am sorry, but I would never become involved with a single mother.

I have seen too many problems in the homes of a good percentage of families mixed in like that.

I would have possibly considered dating or marrying a single mother if the child was under 2 years of age, but even then I would be very careful about getting involved.

• Like 2
miles-high

Which do you think make us the people, genetics or environment? ;) or rather education, money? hehe ;)

when you date a woman with a child and you choose too open your heart to the child and raise them as your own

keep in mind------That if you get a divorce

She may not let you see the child after the split and unless you have adopted the child--not much you can do about it and it leaves you and your family open for a lotttttttt of heart ache

trust me--been there done that----- my mother still cries every time she see's the boy--- he knows the deal though--- waves at me every time his mother is not looking LOL

At least in the long run---I know the boy has 1/2 a chance here in the states and the boy knows he can always come to me if he needs anything

Edited by KID
  • Like 3
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

i think adults,both male and female, should go out of their way to provide role models to all children. maybe more so to kids missing one or even both parents but not just those kids .. all kids can use all the positive role models they can get

• Like 6
jtmwatchbiz

marry the girl you want to marry. if she has a child already, then a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. the child can't help it if you're sperm didn't fertilize mommy's egg, but you can certainly help that innocent child and be a good father. it ain't that hard...and the DNA is only a problem if you allow it to be.   

• Like 8
Paul

Absolutely. I can love any child. There are no boundaries for me, when it comes to providing for children. Just put 'em first. Simple.

• Like 3
tom_shor

Which do you think make us the people, genetics or environment? ;) or rather education, money? hehe ;)

All of it can be a factor.

BFHammer

My last serious relationship stateside was with a single mom with a 6 month old and 3 year old.  After 3 years of helping raise those girls and being called daddy we broke up though when I ended it I had hopes she would get help and come back.  Instead she didn't even let me say goodbye to the girls I loved like they were my own.  I have never seen them since and it will always be a wound in my heart.

I will never date a single mother again.  I will help kids like I have been doing for years through charities like Compassion international.  2 of the kids I sponsor are in the Philippines, one just outside of Cebu.  I will help send a kid for an eduction etc.

• Like 4