Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack

Father's Day Dinner at Marco Polo

Wolfpack

Marco Polo Buffet for Father's Day June 16th 2013

- Php 1, 485 nett per person / 4+1 Promo / Free Flowing
Drinks including beer.

- There will be no activities for kids only for the father.

- A 30 - 40 minutes BMW test drive in a first come first served basis.

- Mood Icons band to play at El Viento at Dinner time.

- Mini toy cars giveaways for the father.

We are serving our daily international buffet during this occasion together with Cocina del  Siglo heritage cuisines like Baked Whole fish, Lengua Estofado, Hamonadang Sugpo and many more. This is in celebration of the 115th year of Philippine Independence.

Alfred E. Neuman

You bought the X6?

• Like 1

Kim_

- There will be no activities for kids only for the father.

Was it better than the bars on Mango Ave? :hyper:

• Like 1

Wolfpack

our Father's Day experience...at Marco Polo...

We arrived about 3 PM...we had a reservation...and our reservation included access to the pool (like they offer with their lunch buffet)...

The pool guy bothered me several times about using the pool...he did not seem to get the concept of our reservation...after his 3rd request...I had the manager talk to him...and he did not bother me again...

The pool guy, should have done his job and give us towels when we hit the pool deck and informed him of our reservation...he waited until I had gotten the hall way to the bathroom wet...guessing he wanted a tip or something?

The bathrooms for the pool area are down the steps from the pool...they have lockers, a sauna (who needs a sauna in the Philippines?) and showers with hot water...the restrooms are exceptionally clean...

We had pizza for a snack...as the buffet was at 630...as my wife is like a hobbit..she has breakfast, second breakfast...lunch and second lunch...

The dinner buffet was amazing...the sushi spread off the charts amazing...sea food in general, just amazing...the carving was roast beef, for me the roast beef is what made it a true father's day dinner...that was the "comfort food"...they cooked me up some potatoes special as there were no potatoes displayed...

The desserts...so many to choose from...

The beer was part of the buffet...and they served me beer poolside when we were done eating dinner...we just sat near the band...chatting with a fellow member of these forums...til 10 PM...

cost was 88 dollars usa for the buffet with use of pool...I used a debit card and checked the cost this morning...there was 50 percent discount on my 5 year old sons meal...no charge for my 3 year old and 2 year old...

paid cash for the pizza snack...cant recall the price of that...

• Like 3

jtmwatchbiz

paid cash for the pizza snack...cant recall the price of that...

possibly due to the "free flowing drinks including beer" ? :)

good to hear y'all had fun and i was kinda hoping to join in but my other half was in boracay and i had to hold down the fort at home! 

• Like 1

Wolfpack

possibly due to the "free flowing drinks including beer" ? :)

good to hear y'all had fun and i was kinda hoping to join in but my other half was in boracay and i had to hold down the fort at home! 

I think I might have still been drunk from the beer special Saturday Night (all you can drink beer for 299 and THAT Top Secret location)

Throw the party I was at Thursday Night...and the wedding I am going to tomorrow...I will be ready for some rehab!!!

• Like 1

samatm

Hey sounds like a great deal with free food for the lil ones and swimming to boot !    

My babies being 16 & 14  we went  to an  eat all you can Japanese place which was  really really good.     Michado  on Gorodo  near Escario.     price  something like 450 each.      I  highly recommend the place . they have a  full sushi, sashimi,  teppanyaki, undon shrimp , etc. etc...

• Like 1

Wolfpack

Hey sounds like a great deal with free food for the lil ones and swimming to boot !    

My babies being 16 & 14  we went  to an  eat all you can Japanese place which was  really really good.     Michado  on Gorodo  near Escario.     price  something like 450 each.      I  highly recommend the place . they have a  full sushi, sashimi,  teppanyaki, undon shrimp , etc. etc...

yeah, with the little ones eating free...it does make a difference in our choice of where to go...when that changes, I may need some new options!!!

miles-high

Marco Polo Buffet

I am not too impressed with Marco Polo buffer (mainly due to limited selection of wine ;)), I prefer the Blue grill up on the roof… :D

What made you decide to go there instead of Pulchra buffet?

Just curious as I am headed that way again in about 10 days… :)

SirMadrigal

The fact that I see Tobasco on the table gives me hope for Cebu after all! :)

In Ukraine it was $7.50 a bottle!!

• Like 1

Wolfpack

I am not too impressed with Marco Polo buffer (mainly due to limited selection of wine ;)), I prefer the Blue grill up on the roof… :D

What made you decide to go there instead of Pulchra buffet?

Just curious as I am headed that way again in about 10 days… :)

The Pulchra does not allow use of their pool with buffet...that was the deciding factor...