Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack

Robinson's Talisay

Wolfpack

Went food shopping at Robinson's Talisey today...they had several items listed as "New" including Mott's Apple Sauce...interestingly enough, the same Mott's Apple Sauce that was on sale at Ayala 2 months ago...with an expiration date of May 2013...

I have liked the Bakery at Robinson's...I like to buy the cinnamon bread...thought I selected 2 of them...when I got home, discovered one was an Ube Bread...they look the same...so someone is getting a gift...

They did not have garlic bread today, so no pasta for dinner tonight...

I am gonna give their hot dog rolls a try, so it is hot dogs for dinner tonight (beef franks, actually)...

They were selling an organic spicy mustard...as one of their new items...I still have plenty of Guldens mustard stocked up in our house, so I do not need to experiment this month...they also had one bottle of Grey Poupon...and French's  (3 or 4) horseradish mustard...

They were selling a hot sauce...mama something made in Manila...thought of trying it...but I would rather wait for my next trip to Ayala, not in the experimenting mood...they were not offering any imported hot sauces...

They did have some imported pasta sauce...can't recall the name...but it is one I have seen at S & R...I still have plenty of pasta sauce stocked up...no need this trip...

Lurpak butter was available, Robinson's is the closest location for me to find Lurpak butter...

Nothing special available in the fruit section today...typical grapes, bananas, apples, lemons, kiwi and dragon fruit...bought a small variety of each...

Bought the typical chicken and pork...nothing special...I did notice USDA steak is available but I was not in the market for steak today...

Spent less than 1000 pesos including transportation, 20 pesos each way (40 pesos total) by multicab...and a Magnum Ice Cream...

Peter C

I like the Robinson's in Tabunok too, it has most for the daily needs. the supermarket is clean, have never seen it crowded and the parking is close. compared with the supermarket in Gaisano Tabunok a few hundred meters away this is by far the better choice.

btw. in the backyard there is an LTO office where you get your driver's license new or renewed faster than in SM.

Woolf

I like the Robinson's in Tabunok too, it has most for the daily needs. the supermarket is clean, have never seen it crowded and the parking is close. compared with the supermarket in Gaisano Tabunok a few hundred meters away this is by far the better choice.

btw. in the backyard there is an LTO office where you get your driver's license new or renewed faster than in SM.

The Robinson with the lto at the back is NOT in Tabunok.

Tabunok stops when you cross the river going south

Anyway I think you both talk about the same Robinson

located here at center cross this map:

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.259934&lon=123.829764&z=19&m=h&v=9

Edited by Woolf

Wolfpack

The Robinson with the lto at the back is NOT in Tabunok.

Tabunok stops when you cross the river going south

Anyway I think you both talk about the same Robinson

located here at center cross this map:

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.259934&lon=123.829764&z=19&m=h&v=9

yes, that is the photo of where I went...to the best of my knowledge, that is Talisey...

Woolf

yes, that is the photo of where I went...to the best of my knowledge, that is Talisey...

It IS Talisay City, I was trying to find out what barangay it is. but the map do not show

Tabunok is another barangay in Talisay City

Peter C

sorry, sorry

you all are right - it is Talisay 

David Spicer

It IS Talisay City, I was trying to find out what barangay it is. but the map do not show

Tabunok is another barangay in Talisay City

Lawaan

Paul

I used to buy my Mott's Apple Sauce from Gaisano, Tabonuk, or Gaisano in Carcar. It was never near, or beyond the expiration date. 

Robinson's was okay. But, I have always preferred Ayala's grocery store, or Gaisano, to most others in the area. 

By the way, welcome back, David. Good to see a post from you again.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

dc3driver

Went food shopping at Robinson's Talisey today...they had several items listed as "New" including Mott's Apple Sauce...interestingly enough, the same Mott's Apple Sauce that was on sale at Ayala 2 months ago...with an expiration date of May 2013...

They were selling a hot sauce...mama something made in Manila...thought of trying it...but I would rather wait for my next trip to Ayala, not in the experimenting mood...they were not offering any imported hot sauces...

I was at Rustans @ Ayala today & they have large bottles of Frank's Hot Sauce in stock.

• Like 2

Wolfpack

I was at Rustans @ Ayala today & they have large bottles of Frank's Hot Sauce in stock.

thanks, I am gonna have to make my way there to get some asap...keep hearing about Frank's Hot Sauce...I was beginning to think it was some type of inside joke that I wasn't getting...glad to hear it is a real product