Hi all,

Happy Independence day to all!

Enjoy!

?

Stardust

?

June 12 is Philippine independence from Spain

Brucewayne

What happened to the 4th of July independence from the Japanese and U.S. which was in 1946?

What happened to the 4th of July independence from the Japanese and U.S. which was in 1946?

Now known as Friendship Day.

Stardust

Now known as Friendship Day.

The Philippines has 2 independence days. 

the  Japanese occupied from 1942-1945

Edited by Stardust

welcome to the forums, enjoy the parades .. umm to late now but anyway, enjoy! 

• Like 1

FYI : 4th of July has nothing to do with WW II, it is the day the declaration of independence from the British was signed in 1776

Edited by Runian
Brucewayne

FYI : 4th of July has nothing to do with WW II, it is the day the declaration of independence from the British was signed in 1776

I can't find anything about British involvement in the Philippines in 1776, please list your reference.

What I did find was at this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Philippines_%281946%E2%80%931965%29

Stardust

I can't find anything about British involvement in the Philippines in 1776, please list your reference.

What I did find was at this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Philippines_%281946%E2%80%931965%29

confusing Philippine independence from America and American Independence from England.... they are both  July 4th and the Japanese occupation   is separate

Brucewayne

confusing Philippine independence from America and American Independence from England.... they are both  July 4th and the Japanese occupation   is separate

The official date of the release of the Philippines from the Japanese was set up on July 4, 1946 and I suppose it could cause some confusion.

If I remember correctly, it was to thank the U.S. not only for the return of democracy, but also a thank you for promising to repair as much war damage as possible in the Philippines which was savagely damaged by the war.

I find it rather odd that WWII doesn't seem to be taught in history classes in the Philippines.

I sent my wife's youngest sister through school and she had no idea as to who the players were or even that the Philippines was involved in any way.

Stardust

The official date of the release of the Philippines from the Japanese was set up on July 4, 1946 and I suppose it could cause some confusion.

If I remember correctly, it was to thank the U.S. not only for the return of democracy, but also a thank you for promising to repair as much war damage as possible in the Philippines which was savagely damaged by the war.

I find it rather odd that WWII doesn't seem to be taught in history classes in the Philippines.

I sent my wife's youngest sister through school and she had no idea as to who the players were or even that the Philippines was involved in any way.

Silliman had a big collection of WWII photos in  the library.     Maybe they don't  want to evoke anti Japanese  sentiments.