Tourist Visa for Your Wife to Visit the US

mpt1947

It is time senditive and I know K1 visa is not two years before you are required to moveto the next steps. What the time frame is, no clue dors not apply to me.

if it doesn't apply to you, why do you waste your time or Hammer's in responding at all?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• mpt1947

• Monsoon

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The chances of a Filipina married to an American citizen getting a tourist visa to the US are extremely low. That isn't to say it is impossible (we have three members on the forums whose wives got tho

I have said it before, and I'm sure I will say it again. John has nothing to do with the visa process, and regularly gives incorrect information. There are many on this forum alone with permanent resi

The B1/B2 tourist/business visa is multiple entry and good for 10 years.  Which is a bit odd as an approved spousal visa is only good for 6 months.     The problem is that quite often the women ar

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

That isn't to say it is impossible (we have three members on the forums whose wives got those visas), but it takes a lot more than a 13A visa to guarantee getting a visa. That may be a consideration, but only if they take the time to consider it.

If that is accurate then I would say for whatever reason the statistics are rather skewed amongst the membership when compared to the general pool of Americans married to Filipinos. A much larger percentage than you are claiming, of the people that I personally am aware of (i.e. have met) in the same situation (the only qualifier is US citizen married to Filipina) - were successful in the process.

Those whose wives were granted visas all wrote cover letters that were submitted with the paperwork...at every step of the way. The cover letter needs to tell the consular officer exactly why you are going to the US and when you plan to return. It also needs to show why she should be given the visa.

My wife was granted a visa. She never submitted any letter to the consular officer or any employee of the US Embassy. The only document the consular officer looked at was her passport and our NSO marriage license. Which is actually contrary to what even Shadow says regarding the marriage to a US citizen being detrimental to the approval, to wit, they sought evidence of our marriage as part of the approval process.

At the end of the day, it is the US government, so one can not rely on it for much... Other than taxes...  

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

It is time senditive and I know K1 visa is not two years before you are required to moveto the next steps. What the time frame is, no clue dors not apply to me.

if it doesn't apply to you, why do you waste your time or Hammer's in responding at all?
So he doesnot believe he has two years. Then make ahuge mistake
  • Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Not that easy, in order to fly her to Laredo she must have a US transit visa, as all flights land in the USA. Transit visa = same BS as tourist visa!

Well... One could get their spouse to Brazil (where Filipinos don't require a visa, yet Americans do) and fly to Mexico from there. Probably need a Schengen visa first though to get a decent route to RIO.

smokey

the reason some guys dont want a K-1 and want a visitors visa is ????????????????????   then are not interested in a commitment so why should the usa be interested in being committed to the women 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

What I would like, is some kind of multi entry, over a period of time

That is all you will get... I am not aware of anyone every getting a single entry B1/B2....

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Well, the thinking (assuming there is thinking going on) is that the husband wanting to bring his wife to the US permanently, will look at the visa rules and see that the tourist visa is much faster and cheaper and doesn't have many of the immigration requirements such as physical and minimum income, etc.  So he will get her to the US on a B2 and then work on a change of status to keep her in the US and bypass the spousal visa process.  Which, considering things, particularly when spousal visas were running over a year, doesn't sound like a bad plan.

Funny enough, I know someone who did basically just that. Except they got married while in the US and she ended up overstaying. She was granted everything after the fact with no headaches and never had to leave.... So, it seems they don't penalize for doing that.

shadow

That is all you will get... I am not aware of anyone every getting a single entry B1/B2....

Single entry visas are issued at times.

If that is accurate then I would say for whatever reason the statistics are rather skewed amongst the membership when compared to the general pool of Americans married to Filipinos. A much larger percentage than you are claiming, of the people that I personally am aware of (i.e. have met) in the same situation (the only qualifier is US citizen married to Filipina) - were successful in the process.

My wife was granted a visa. She never submitted any letter to the consular officer or any employee of the US Embassy. The only document the consular officer looked at was her passport and our NSO marriage license. Which is actually contrary to what even Shadow says regarding the marriage to a US citizen being detrimental to the approval, to wit, they sought evidence of our marriage as part of the approval process.

At the end of the day, it is the US government, so one can not rely on it for much... Other than taxes...  

As with most government offices, the only thing consistent at the US Embassy is inconsistency!

How old is your wife?

smokey

what they  should do is say if you want to take this women to the usa you sign here and if she dont come back then you will pay for her food stamps.. her medical etc etc... by signing you agree we can take it from any pension you have now or will have in the future to include SS and military and or tax returns or accts.. or property that will weed out the casual lets take a friend to the us and get benefits 

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Single entry visas are issued at times.

As with most government offices, the only thing consistent at the US Embassy is inconsistency!

How old is your wife?

26 years old... Full time housewife.   Extremely attractive, but wore a business suit to the interview and didn't dress like she came directly from the bar like she described many of the other female applicants she saw there  that day... Probably worth noting she never saw the inside of a girlie bar until I started taking her to them ...

Ironically one of the many Pinays I know with a US B1/B2 is single, of marriage age and extremely hot as well...

shadow

26 years old... Full time housewife.   Extremely attractive, but wore a business suit to the interview and didn't dress like she came directly from the bar like she described many of the other female applicants she saw there  that day... Probably worth noting she never saw the inside of a girlie bar until I started taking her to them ...

Ironically one of the many Pinays I know with a US B1/B2 is single, of marriage age and extremely hot as well...

I would conclude your wife's case and the other example you gave to be unusual, and/or lucky.

• Like 1
BFHammer

The K1 is valid for a maximum of 6 months (they have 6 months in which to enter the country), and once they enter the US the length of stay given is 90 days, in which the applicant must marry the petitioner or leave the country. Once married, the applicant must adjust status to obtain a 2 year green card (Conditional resident).

If the applicant enters on a spousal visa, it is either a CR1 (Conditional resident, valid for two years) or an IR1 (immediate relative, valid for 10 years). Persons married 2 years or more at the time of entry to the will be granted an IR1. Those married less than two years at the time of entry will receive a CR1.

I had the wrong version entered, I meant the CR1 since the thread is about folks that are already married.  Why not just get the CR1 and then convert it to the IR1 after 2 years is what I meant to say.

My brain knew the K2 visa was the 90 day one so it went to K1 as the already married version. 

So why not get your wife  the 2 year then the 10 year visa especially so she can choose where to live should anything happen to you.  I think I recall if a wife isn't a IR1 or CR1 they won't get survivor SS checks.