Tourist Visa for Your Wife to Visit the US

Headed that way

Actually their heads aren't up their asses, it is all according to the plan to change the American demographics and bring in new voters that are uneducated, grateful to the party that allowed them to stay, and willing to work for very little money.  Here in Oklahoma we fight the liberal Republicans in charge to enforce HB 1804 that was passed several years ago and would have stopped  the vast majority of the illegals from settling in Oklahoma.

Always follow the money and you will see the real reasons things are they way they are.

• Like 1
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• mpt1947

• Monsoon

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The chances of a Filipina married to an American citizen getting a tourist visa to the US are extremely low. That isn't to say it is impossible (we have three members on the forums whose wives got tho

I have said it before, and I'm sure I will say it again. John has nothing to do with the visa process, and regularly gives incorrect information. There are many on this forum alone with permanent resi

The B1/B2 tourist/business visa is multiple entry and good for 10 years.  Which is a bit odd as an approved spousal visa is only good for 6 months.     The problem is that quite often the women ar

shadow

Just fly her to Larado and run across the border like the untold millions have already.  : )

Not that easy, in order to fly her to Laredo she must have a US transit visa, as all flights land in the USA. Transit visa = same BS as tourist visa!

cebubird

Actually their heads aren't up their asses, it is all according to the plan to change the American demographics and bring in new voters that are uneducated, grateful to the party that allowed them to stay, and willing to work for very little money.  Here in Oklahoma we fight the liberal Republicans in charge

Don't mean to take this off course here--"LIBERAL Republicans"??? That species started becoming extinct in the 60's and is now basically totally extinct.

to enforce HB 1804 that was passed several years ago and would have stopped  the vast majority of the illegals from settling in Oklahoma.

Always follow the money and you will see the real reasons things are they way they are.

SkyMan

Not quite correct. B1/B2 are often 2 or 5 years, and sometimes 10 years. The actual length of stay allowable is a maximum of 6 months and determined by the agent at POE.

Well, we didn't ask for any particular length of validity and only mentioned one upcoming trip in the cover letter.  I also asked for multiple entry since we planned to take a cruise and I wasn't sure if that would be allowed on a single entry visa.  They gave her 10 years, double the life of an RP passport.  I may be wrong but I think hers is only good for a 90 day stay though but I'm told it's easily extended another 90 days.
miles-high

as all flights land in the USA

Not necessarily... :D

Fly to Narita, Japan and then, for example, take a non-stop Aeromexico to Mexico City...

No transit visa required for Japan... perhaps some ASEAN countries may have a non-stop flights to Mexico City as well...

I do not condone this type of illegal activities, however...

SkyMan

I am surprised that a spouse of an American citizen has this much trouble visiting the U.S.

Well, the thinking (assuming there is thinking going on) is that the husband wanting to bring his wife to the US permanently, will look at the visa rules and see that the tourist visa is much faster and cheaper and doesn't have many of the immigration requirements such as physical and minimum income, etc.  So he will get her to the US on a B2 and then work on a change of status to keep her in the US and bypass the spousal visa process.  Which, considering things, particularly when spousal visas were running over a year, doesn't sound like a bad plan.
shadow

Not necessarily... :D

Fly to Narita, Japan and then, for example, take a non-stop Aeromexico to Mexico City...

No transit visa required for Japan... perhaps some ASEAN countries may have a non-stop flights to Mexico City as well...

I do not condone this type of illegal activities, however...

I stand corrected, that's a new one on me. I know someone who tried to do this a few years ago and found the only possible way was to fly VIA Spain into Panama or some such SA country.

Headshot

It is very easy to get a Filipina married to a US citizen to the US on a spousal visa. That's because the US State Department is predisposed to believe the if a Filipina gets to the US she will want to stay. That, of course, is the same reason why they make it hard to get a tourist visa. They think she will stay. Their logic falls apart when you consider that if a Filipina married to a US citizen wants to go to the US to stay, all she has to do is apply for a spousal visa, so there is no reason for her to apply for a tourist visa.

The problem with flying her to Mexico is that Mexico uses the same criteria for granting tourist visas to Filipinas (yes...they need a visa) that the US uses (by agreement with the US government). Therefore, a Filipina is no more likely to get a tourist visa to Mexico than she is to get a tourist visa to the US.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
Headed that way

Don't mean to take this off course here--"LIBERAL Republicans"??? That species started becoming extinct in the 60's and is now basically totally extinct.

Oh no!  They are still alive and well and trying to force Obama Care down our throats here in Oklahoma.  Mostly state chamber of commerce types and the politicians they give money to.  Want Oklahoma to be more cosmopolitan and gay friendly so they can attract jobs from the east and west coast states.

BFHammer

That is the bulk of the GOP who currently is far more liberal than Kennedy was.  It's the "moderate" democrat that is extinct as they skip gayly along the Ho Chi Min trail.

Why not just get the K1 visa and not fool around with any of that?

• Like 1
shadow

Why not just get the K1 visa and not fool around with any of that?

Actually quite a few do just that. (or spousal visa in the case of married persons) As long as she marries the petitioner or leaves the country within 90 days, USCIS seems to tolerate it.

Quite a bit more expensive if one lives close to Manila, but if in the province not so much more...

Edited by shadow
BFHammer

Actually quite a few do just that. (or spousal visa in the case of married persons) As long as she marries the petitioner or leaves the country within 90 days, USCIS seems to tolerate it.

Quite a bit more expensive if one lives close to Manila, but if in the province not so much more...

I meant keeping the K1 and filing for permanent status in the 2 years or if they have been married more than 2 years isn't it automatically permanent and you don't have to deal with any of the bS?

Headshot

I meant keeping the K1 and filing for permanent status in the 2 years or if they have been married more than 2 years isn't it automatically permanent and you don't have to deal with any of the BS?

If I'm not mistaken, you have to file with Immigration for a change in status (to married) within six months of the K1 being issued in order for her to stay in the US legally. Unless I read it wrong, the K1 visa is NOT a two-year visa unless you actually get married in that six-month period. You also need to remember that the clock starts ticking from the date on the visa...and NOT from the date she arrives in the US. After two years, you have to apply to get a ten-year visa. There is no "permanent" visa in the US that I know of.

Edited by Headshot
USMC-Retired

It is time senditive and I know K1 visa is not two years before you are required to moveto the next steps. What the time frame is, no clue dors not apply to me.

shadow

I meant keeping the K1 and filing for permanent status in the 2 years or if they have been married more than 2 years isn't it automatically permanent and you don't have to deal with any of the bS?

The K1 is valid for a maximum of 6 months (they have 6 months in which to enter the country), and once they enter the US the length of stay given is 90 days, in which the applicant must marry the petitioner or leave the country. Once married, the applicant must adjust status to obtain a 2 year green card (Conditional resident).

If the applicant enters on a spousal visa, it is either a CR1 (Conditional resident, valid for two years) or an IR1 (immediate relative, valid for 10 years). Persons married 2 years or more at the time of entry to the will be granted an IR1. Those married less than two years at the time of entry will receive a CR1.