Which washing machine did YOU buy....?

Samsung WF-B1061 6.5kg front load, no mechanical program selector, simple electronic, up to 90C degrees (build in heating), bought +3 years ago, no complaints, short program (28 min) for the many t-shirts... B)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ILoveCyrus

• Brucewayne

• Half Baked

• easy44

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My buddy has a voice operated washer. He just says "Maria, wash this heap of clothes" and it get's done.   KonGC

My wife kept bugging me for a new washer & dryer, so I got her a douche bag & a fan.

Yup, that's the same one I bought and you got it P1k cheaper!  I have had mine almost a year and very happy with it.

BFHammer

could you share what an "LaundryPure inline" is ? is it available here in the RP?

washing unit? bought mine as a CLASS B and saved at least 3500-4000K over the store price.

front loader w/heating if needed.

http://www.amazon.com/EcoQuest-Laundry-Pure/dp/B0013HEADW

Your water heater is 40% of your utilities bill if you cut a bunch of Hot water out of usage it will save.  These are selling for around 3-400 on amazon and your clothing lasts much longer too.

I really like mine and even in my high end LG I notice a big difference than when I washed without it.

Edited by BFHammer

Let me get this straight.............THE MACHINE HAS A HEATING ELEMENT TO TURN COLD WATER INTO HOT? That is so unheard of to me, BUT A GREAT INVENTION.

Front loading machines invariably incorporate a heater and usually have only a cold water feed.  This is how the machine can offer different temperature washes.  Top loading machines may have a heater but often, as pointed out above, rely on a hot water feed.

There are a number of basic differences between the two types.

Front load:

• Uses less water per wash;
  • Maximum load per wash is probably less than top load;
  • Rinsing, etc. is easy and automatic;
  • Many different wash (temperature) programmes;
  • Cleaning action is achieved by the clothes coming out of the water and interacting with the oxygen in the air;
  • Gentler action than most top loading machines;
  • Uses special non-foaming soap powders.  Less powder required.

Top load:

• Usually has greater capacity;
  • Rinsing may require emptying and refilling the tub;
  • Doesn't always incorporate a heater;
  • Uses a special soap powder that releases the cleaning oxygen into the suds;
  • Action is quite severe - a paddle that simulates pounding.
Edited by GoHuk
  • Like 1

http://www.amazon.com/EcoQuest-Laundry-Pure/dp/B0013HEADW

Your water heater is 40% of your utilities bill if you cut a bunch of Hot water out of usage it will save.  These are selling for around 3-400 on amazon and your clothing lasts much longer too.

I really like mine and even in my high end LG I notice a big difference than when I washed without it.

So you are telling it´s working, cold water...no soap, or it´s ´cos you have already "wasted money on it so you have to like"? Well, it´s cool if it really works, but the FOX "test" is not convincing. The standard was with soap did not clean the pants..emmh, it´s not the way my washing machine works!

Any one else with experience in Laundry Pure or similar?

sperry

I do like that idea.  Heck, I've got a front yard with lots of sun, so hanging in the breeze will dry them quickly (won't be hanging my wifes undies and such out in plain view....hahaha)

Let me get this straight.............THE MACHINE HAS A HEATING ELEMENT TO TURN COLD WATER INTO HOT?  That is so unheard of to me, BUT A GREAT INVENTION.

Just like dishwashing machines have a heating element down below, I think washing machine could certainly have a heating element too.  Wow, what a concept. 

People in the states just aren't used to this type of thinking (ME) as most/all homes have hot water from a main tank.

in europe (excluding uk) u will struggle to find a washing machine that  isnt cold fill only with a heating element

my experience is only hot > 40 water will get rid of boldily fluid stains/smells properly

in europe (excluding uk) u will struggle to find a washing machine that  isnt cold fill only with a heating element

my experience is only hot > 40 water will get rid of boldily fluid stains/smells properly

Think you are right on this...40C to 60C, is needed for making it clean and if you hand wash by 25C-30C you need something like Zonrox to do the job.

Hy H

Electrolux  7kg   Top loader.   Php15400    Metro Colon   Cebu City.  

Simple.  Cold water only. We prefer top loader, can add forgotten ( that one sock ) items after starting cycle. Cannot do this with front loaders.

ILoveCyrus

Front loading machines invariably incorporate a heater and usually have only a cold water feed.  This is how the machine can offer different temperature washes.  Top loading machines may have a heater but often, as pointed out above, rely on a hot water feed.

There are a number of basic differences between the two types.

Front load:

• Uses less water per wash;
  • Maximum load per wash is probably less than top load;
  • Rinsing, etc. is easy and automatic;
  • Many different wash (temperature) programmes;
  • Cleaning action is achieved by the clothes coming out of the water and interacting with the oxygen in the air;
  • Gentler action than most top loading machines;
  • Uses special non-foaming soap powders.  Less powder required.

Top load:

• Usually has greater capacity;
  • Rinsing may require emptying and refilling the tub;
  • Doesn't always incorporate a heater;
  • Uses a special soap powder that releases the cleaning oxygen into the suds;
  • Action is quite severe - a paddle that simulates pounding.

there are new Top Loads that do not have the paddles or agitator..............it's a trip.  Just a tub and nothing else.

Brucewayne

there are new Top Loads that do not have the paddles or agitator..............it's a trip.  Just a tub and nothing else.

I was sold one of those last week at SM Consolacion.

Imagine my surprise when we filled it with water and it didn't work.

I looked the machine over and right on the front of it  was printed "DRYER".

The salesman buffaloed me into thinking it was a washer with new technology and they would not take it back.

• Like 2
Half Baked

I was sold one of those last week at SM Consolacion.

Imagine my surprise when we filled it with water and it didn't work.

I looked the machine over and right on the front of it  was printed "DRYER".

The salesman buffaloed me into thinking it was a washer with new technology and they would not take it back.

I'm a little slow on the uptake tonight, Bruce. I think something is wrong with my "sarcasm" pflueger valve.

I hope you're joking?

Reason being, I bought a Samsung washing machine from SM tonight. SM Cebu City. They will deliver it Tuesday afternoon... NOW, I hope its not a dryer!!

Edited by Half Baked
Brucewayne

I'm a little slow on the uptake tonight, Bruce. I think something is wrong with my "sarcasm" pflueger valve.

I hope you're joking?

Reason being, I bought a Samsung washing machine from SM tonight. SM Cebu City. They will deliver it Tuesday afternoon... NOW, I hope its not a dryer!!

Not joking, I asked for a washer and got only a spinner machine.

BFHammer

So you are telling it´s working, cold water...no soap, or it´s ´cos you have already "wasted money on it so you have to like"? Well, it´s cool if it really works, but the FOX "test" is not convincing. The standard was with soap did not clean the pants..emmh, it´s not the way my washing machine works! Any one else with experience in Laundry Pure or similar?

Yes it works great and like any normal was use pre treatment on stains.

Think you are right on this...40C to 60C, is needed for making it clean and if you hand wash by 25C-30C you need something like Zonrox to do the job.

vinegar kills almost anything bleach will kill without hot water stressing your colors.

http://frugallysustainable.com/2011/10/homemade-bleach-alternative/

Edited by BFHammer
easy44

Not joking, I asked for a washer and got only a spinner machine.

Wait a minute.  It said "dryer" on the front and you put water in it?  Sus...

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

in a country with 50 million free dishwashers clothes washers why buy one?

:sarcasm:

The 'cheap' hand washers I've had in the past have cost me hundreds and hundreds of dollars in ruined high quality clothes.

I bought a middle of the road washer, like 15-20k with the thinking that everything is disposable and unreliable there. Its still working after 4 years though.

Edited by Monsoon