Which washing machine did YOU buy....?

A_Simple_Man

in a country with 50 million free dishwashers clothes washers why buy one?

Could it be the 'brainwashing' that occurs in first world countries via advertising?  It means that the thing you pay most for is obviously the best.  :snap:

I bought the cheap, twin tub, washer spin dryer years ago and all the ladies in the house love to use it.  Hanging the clothes on the line for a few hours dries them the rest of the way.  No damage to machine or clothing in years now.

• Like 1
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ILoveCyrus

• Brucewayne

• Half Baked

• easy44

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My buddy has a voice operated washer. He just says "Maria, wash this heap of clothes" and it get's done.   KonGC

My wife kept bugging me for a new washer & dryer, so I got her a douche bag & a fan.

Yup, that's the same one I bought and you got it P1k cheaper!  I have had mine almost a year and very happy with it.

rainymike

I've found the Samsung top loader to be pretty reliable. Had a decent warranty on the motor (I think it was 3 years). Price was somewhere in the area of 10K to 15K. Have to be careful with some of the cheaper brands. Had a plastic one and within three months it was dead.

Bought the Samsung at SM. The Samsung model was a wash and some kind of extra spin dry model. Spin dry comes in real handy on very rainy days.

ILoveCyrus

Samsung 6.0 kg. from SM appliance for P10k.  Had a Whirlpool before that and it was also good.  Would have bought another but the Samsung was on sale.  Both do a good job.

10K is no more..............prices have gone up.  What year did you buy?

Ronin

Cool,.... where did they hook it up?  It has to be close to a main drain pipe I think, for the water to be expelled.  Did you set up for HOT water too?  I think hot water is not really needed at this point for me.,,,

I lived in a condo in the ultima residences and they had a drain in the bathroom. It has a heating element so no hot water required. One of the features that sold me was the fast spin cycle 1600 rpm. That made drying fast, we just hung the clothes up inside the condo for about 3 hours.

mikejwoodnz

I liked my clothes washing machine so much I married her.

Edited by mikejwoodnz
  • Like 1
KennyF

My buddy has a voice operated washer.

He just says "Maria, wash this heap of clothes" and it get's done.

KonGC

• Like 4
ILoveCyrus

I lived in a condo in the ultima residences and they had a drain in the bathroom. It has a heating element so no hot water required. One of the features that sold me was the fast spin cycle 1600 rpm. That made drying fast, we just hung the clothes up inside the condo for about 3 hours.

I do like that idea.  Heck, I've got a front yard with lots of sun, so hanging in the breeze will dry them quickly (won't be hanging my wifes undies and such out in plain view....hahaha)

Let me get this straight.............THE MACHINE HAS A HEATING ELEMENT TO TURN COLD WATER INTO HOT?  That is so unheard of to me, BUT A GREAT INVENTION.

Just like dishwashing machines have a heating element down below, I think washing machine could certainly have a heating element too.  Wow, what a concept. 

People in the states just aren't used to this type of thinking (ME) as most/all homes have hot water from a main tank.

Durham

Whirlpooi automatic top loader bought 6 years ago still going strong, no problems at all in that time.

billy

i bought whirlpool washer and  and gas dryer  top loader3 1/2 years ago no problems

Ronin

Let me get this straight.............THE MACHINE HAS A HEATING ELEMENT TO TURN COLD WATER INTO HOT? That is so unheard of to me, BUT A GREAT INVENTION.

Yes it's Magic!

Mine is similar to this one: http://www.appliancesonline.co.uk/product/WF80F7E6U6X-Samsung-Eco-Bubble-VRT-Washing-Machine-Silver-26970.aspx

But I could only fit a 6kg in my condo.

RogerDuMond

LG top load 6.5kg. capacity purchased from S&R with a 20% off sale. My wife does not like delicate fabrics to be hand washed as the process is much more destructive.

• Like 1
ILoveCyrus

Yes it's Magic!

Mine is similar to this one: http://www.appliancesonline.co.uk/product/WF80F7E6U6X-Samsung-Eco-Bubble-VRT-Washing-Machine-Silver-26970.aspx

But I could only fit a 6kg in my condo.

that link shows a cost of over 700 British pounds..... out of my range.

How much did yours cost and where did you buy it?

easy44

10K is no more..............prices have gone up.  What year did you buy?

Close to a year ago at SM Consolacion.  Like I said, they were on sale.

Ronin

that link shows a cost of over 700 British pounds..... out of my range.

How much did yours cost and where did you buy it?

24K SM Mall appliance store.

mpt1947

We have a Gina Model - I am not sure if Gina is a Top Loader or not, but she definitely has a nice Front Load.

The Gina had to be adjusted shortly after we got her, to take it easy on the underwear.  The Gina comes by once a week washes all of our clothes and then the next day or two returns to iron all of them

What a deal - I am not sure of the cost to run Gina on a monthly basis, but I am sure it is reasonable for all she does.