Sign in to follow this  
ILoveCyrus

Which washing machine did YOU buy....?

ILoveCyrus

I'm looking into getting a washing machine to make life simple.  Which style and brand did you purchase for your home???

Did you get the top load?

Did you buy the front load?

I will not get the cheap twin tub (made of plastic and will break if you just stare at it)

As far as a dryer goes.......we will just HANG IN THE SUN for now and maybe get an ELECTRIC clothes dryer later on.

Samsung, Electrolux, ......what brand is good?  Did you buy an extended warranty?

Where did you buy?  SM appliance?  Cebu Appliance?

thanks my peeps......

Ronin

I bought a Samsung front loader.  It's been an excelent machine, I've used it for 3 months.

I paid about $24k for it at SM appliance.  They delivered and set it up for me.

• Like 1

ILoveCyrus

I bought a Samsung front loader.  It's been an excelent machine, I've used it for 3 months.

I paid about $24k for it at SM appliance.  They delivered and set it up for me.

Cool,.... where did they hook it up?  It has to be close to a main drain pipe I think, for the water to be expelled.  Did you set up for HOT water too?  I think hot water is not really needed at this point for me.,,,

Edwin

in a country with 50 million free dishwashers clothes washers why buy one?

:sarcasm:

Edited by Edwin

miles-high

Electrolux (front loader) for about 2.5 years, a second set of washer/dryer (also front loader) for about 1 month, also Electrolux, all from Abenson's (NCR)... 2 maintenance visits (for the older one), first visit under warranty and the second (recent) PHP3,500 (to replace a burnt controller), as their repair prices are very reasonable, I don't see any need for an extended warranty...

miles-high

in a country with 50 million free dishwashers why buy one?

...so that you can control the germ count to the minimum normal limit... :rofl:

BFHammer

Both samsung and electrolux are great brands.  I have LG front loaders because of a thanksgivings sale at 50%.  Samsung has the silver ion wash which I would highly recommend upgrading too.  When the silver ion in the water you barely need any detergent and your clothing stays bright and fluffy.  I actually don't use detergent because I run a laundryPure inline before the washer which is similar to the samsung silver ions just with more stuff.

If anyone has allergies that is the only way to go.  I don't have any but I love how my clothing is soft and fluffy without soap residues.

ed villas

could you share what an "LaundryPure inline" is ? is it available here in the RP?

washing unit? bought mine as a CLASS B and saved at least 3500-4000K over the store price.

front loader w/heating if needed.

dennis1105

Whirlpool Fully Automatic, Top Load, p14,000. Has digital touchpad and works like a charm... Had a problem with touchpad and the warranty was honored by the company we bought it from in Manila. They came to the house and fixed it for free..... Have always had good luck with Whirlpool.

Edited by dennis1105

BoholoX

Samsung top loader for us, motor had 5 year guarantee but never needed it, sat outside so plastic top faded pretty fast but worth the money, I think P12k, still going strong at the inlaws

ILoveCyrus

what is the load capacity?  I think the typical laundry load is 11-13 pounds.

easy44

Samsung 6.0 kg. from SM appliance for P10k.  Had a Whirlpool before that and it was also good.  Would have bought another but the Samsung was on sale.  Both do a good job.

thebob

Sharp 7.5kg toploader, stainless steel drum. I think a front loader only makes sense if you want to stack a dryer on top.

The reason that you dont wan't "free" washing machines is that hand washing destroys clothes faster, and uses more soap and water.

Edited by thebob
  • Like 1

KennyF

is that hand washing destroys clothes faster

Not in my experience.

KonGC

• Like 1

KennyF

could you share what an "LaundryPure inline" is ? is it available here in the RP?

I wanted to know too.

I found

Seems good but $700?? Pretty expensive.

KonGC