New Requirement for Changing from Provisional to Permanent Resident

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I too talked with the US Consular here in Cebu, on June 10th.  He said he is recommending that Americans get an FBI Clearance.  He told me that the FBI is used to working with NBI and will get there reports to the right people.  If you get a Police Report from your local community, they might send the report to a Philippine Consular Office and it will slow down the process by a month or more.

Now I had written something earlier regarding my visit with John Domingo, and got beat up for it, so my advice is to check it out with BoI in Mandaue for yourself

The FBI wont be sending anything to the NBI. You've been misinformed. The embassy/consulate is exactly who needs to receive the clearance.

Actually the FBI doesn't issue a clearance at all. It is a file based upon fingerprints submitted.

Edited by Monsoon
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hyaku

• USMC-Retired

• Durham

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well...I guess that means that anybody coming over her to live, who might wish to get a 13A visa at some point, should get a police clearance in their home town before they leave. If they get pissy ab

It's strange that they haven't made any mention of this new change on their own website, but I guess that shouldn't surprise anyone really!   Please keep the forum updated as to whether this is now

That is incorrect based on what I have read and been told by immigration officials. I won't be applying until October or November for conversion to my permanent, so until then I can not give any furth

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

What a stupid requirement and proves the Filipino government does not understand what happens outside the 7000+ islands. The US does not have a way for an individual to obtain a national police check. They do not even have a registry of felons from one state to the next. I know this as a recruiter for the Marines.

Sent from my A919i using Tapatalk 2

AFIS/NCIC is the registry. However it has its faults. Mainly because of poor fingerprinting practices by various departments. If the prints are rejected by AFIS then they don't hunt down the arrestee and get new ones. NCIC will return hits for anyone with the same name and DOB (date of birth). From there it has to be narrowed down by other descriptors and of course fingerprints can make a definitive discrimination. How various agencies handle juvenile convictions is most likely why the marines recruiter has found some issues.

EDIT- Which - BTW have someone who knows what hey are doing take your prints and/or submit multiple sets (FBI suggests you submit multiple sets) to avoid waiting and getting nothing back but a report saying they were rejected.

Edited by Monsoon
PapaRay

TheACR / ICR card I was issued when I first arrived stated on it VISA TYPE 13A STATUS: Permanent 

USMC-Retired

What a stupid requirement and proves the Filipino government does not understand what happens outside the 7000+ islands. The US does not have a way for an individual to obtain a national police check. They do not even have a registry of felons from one state to the next. I know this as a recruiter for the Marines.

Sent from my A919i using Tapatalk 2

AFIS/NCIC is the registry. However it has its faults. Mainly because of poor fingerprinting practices by various departments. If the prints are rejected by AFIS then they don't hunt down the arrestee and get new ones. NCIC will return hits for anyone with the same name and DOB (date of birth). From there it has to be narrowed down by other descriptors and of course fingerprints can make a definitive discrimination. How various agencies handle juvenile convictions is most likely why the marines recruiter has found some issues.

EDIT- Which - BTW have someone who knows what hey are doing take your prints and/or submit multiple sets (FBI suggests you submit multiple sets) to avoid waiting and getting nothing back but a report saying they were rejected.

No the way they search is the issue. The database is inadequate and just incomplete.

hyaku

OK if you have it in Black&White just do as they are asking you.

MP 1947 same as you mate 66 last February....................and no dentures............yet.

Duhh my original question on the forum is "How" can I get police clearance from my country of origin? Not the validity of me posting about the new memoranda handed down from Manila

hyaku

Now, back to the original question about UK Police clearance......

This website should have all the information you need.

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

It's definitely possible to get the UK Police clearance, but it's going to be difficult to do it from overseas, especially as they only allow payment by cheque or bank draft, no credit/debit card payments accepted.

Thank you so much. I resorted to calling embassy emergency service and got similar information. As you say difficult to pay and..... I have received letters posted to me from DWP UK sent in December that arrived in March! Not being able to fulfill requirements on time I guess I should just leave the country and come back in with balik bayan. I suppose I cant do this either unless my wife comes with me.

Still pretty pissed of that people in government office that have tried to do "under the table" deals with us twice are suggesting I might be a criminal.

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man

Still pretty pissed of that people in government office that have tried to do "under the table" deals with us twice are suggesting I might be a criminal.

The one that makes me smile is that suggestion that you cannot stay as a married man without the Police Clearance but you are more than welcome to stay as a tourist.  I guess married men are more likely to be criminals than tourists?  Hmmmmm.

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

For someone to say the Government does not know this requirement is near impossible is BS. It is about money and they have their greedy hands out again. As a tourist your visa costs and as a 13a not much.

• 2 weeks later...
hyaku

Just as an update and info for anyone else that will go throught this debacle: I went to immigration. They suggested i go see an "attorney" upstairs. No thanks on that one! So although I will be downgraded. I need to make a formal application for that too.

Requirements briefly were ACR card copy, copy of relevant pages in passport, photo. Best of all thay want 3500 off me to downgrade. I guess they have someone in their office who is employed to think of ways to extract money from foreigners.

I spoke to others who have had similar problems that now just go Manila. Its all very well but we have to pay for all this. Just another trip to talk to them, hotels etc costs thousands. 

Edited by hyaku
JamesMusslewhite

if you are initially applying for a 13a than you better have these, or you will have wasted a trip...

*Additional Requirement
(Memorandum Order No. RADJR-2012-028)

a.      If the applicant has been in the Philippines for less than six (6) months, he shall attach to his application a Police Clearance from his country of origin or residence duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate at the place of issuance or nearest to it, with English translation, if written in another foreign language.

b.      If the applicant has been in the Philippines for six (6) months or more, he shall, in addition to the Police Clearance from his country of origin or residence prior to his arrival in the Philippines, attach to his application a National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance.

USMC-Retired

What a joke so hard to comply with. That gives you very little in terms of rights.

JamesMusslewhite

I sent an email to the main Philippine BI Branch in Manila and I received an email with the following reply. I hope this clarifies the current requirements for our members. This the email answer I received....

Dear Sir,

Good day! Please be informed that 13 G (Returning Former Filipino) Visas can be applied by natural born citizen of the Philippines, who has been naturalized in a foreign country, and is returning to the Philippines for permanent residence. In that case, we advised you to just apply again for the 13A Non-Quota Immigrant by Marriage. The complete checklist of documentary requirements is provided below:

CHECKLIST
OF DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS

FOR
APPLICATION FOR CONVERSION TO NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT BY MARRIAGE

(Section 13, Paragraph A)

1)   [ ] Letter request from the petitioner, with a statement that all documents submitted were legally obtained from the corresponding government agencies;

2)      [  ] Duly accomplished and notarized Consolidated General Application Form (BI Form No. RADJR-2012-01);

3)      [  ] Original copy of NSO issued Birth Certificate of the Filipino spouse; 

4)      [ ] Original copy of NSO issued Marriage Contract or if the marriage was solemnized abroad, the Original copy of the Marriage Contract authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate in or nearest the place where the marriage was solemnized, with English translation if written in other foreign language;

5)      [ ] Photocopy of applicant’s Passport (bio-page, admission and authorized stay of at least twenty (20) days from the date of filing);

6)      [  ] Original copy of Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate.

7)      [ ] Joint Affidavit of applicant and petitioner attesting to the authenticity and genuineness of all documents submitted in support of the application;

8)      [  ] Proofs of financial capacity of applicant and/or petitioner during their permanent residence in the Philippines.

If in the application the applicant is joined by his/her unmarried minor children:

1.      [  ] Duly accomplished and notarized Consolidated General Application Form (BI Form No. RADJR-2012-01);

2.      [  ] Original copy of Birth Certificates of unmarried minor children certified or authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate in or nearest the place where the marriage was solemnized or place of birth, with English translation if written in other foreign language;

3.      [  ] Photocopy of the Passport/s of foreign national’s dependents (bio-page, admission and authorized stay of at least twenty (20) days from the date of filing); and

4.      [  ] Original copy of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate.

*Additional Requirement (Memorandum Order No. RADJR-2012-028)

a.      If the applicant has been in the Philippines for less than six (6) months, he shall attach to his application a Police Clearance from his country of origin or residence duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy /Consulate at the place of issuance or nearest to it, with English translation, if written in another foreign language.

b.      If the applicant has been in the Philippines for six (6) months or more, he shall, in addition to the Police Clearance from his country of origin or residence prior to his arrival in the Philippines, attach to his application a National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance.

Should you have other immigration-related queries, please do not hesitate to call the BI Helpdesk Hotline at (632) 524-3769 or (632) 524-3824, visit our website at www.immigration.gov.ph or like us on Facebook: officialbureauofimmigration and follow us on Twitter: immigrationPH

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
SkyMan

For those in the Cebu area needing an NBI clearance and finger prints for a home country clearance, you may want to read this:

CEBU NBI Info

Edited by SkyMan
SkyMan

Well, there are one or two countries outside the 7000 islands besides the US. And some of those scrutinize their subjects closer than the US and have a national police check. It's like the foreign CENOMAR requirement. The US has no national marriage registry so what do we do? We go to the Consulate and pay a big fee for him to sign a paper that basically says "This guy swore before me he's not married and is legally eligible to marry. He could be married to 300 women but we have no way to know that but he did swear it and paid a bunch of money so there you have it."

As for the state-state felons list. It has been some time since you were a recruiter and that could have changed. Last time I was in the US and went to renew my DL in Ohio I was prevented from renewing because Michigan had a hold filed on my F/L name. Just F/L name, no SS, no DL # but my name so everyone with the same name will go through the same problem. Apparently this guy hadn't paid some parking fine or other heinous violation so everyone in the US with my name gets screwed over for it. I'm guessing if they can do this with DLs they can do it with felonies too.

Edited by SkyMan
USMC-Retired

There is no standarized police form you can get in the US. So you are left (a typical problem in the Philippines) at the discretion of a Filipino if he will accept it or send you for more. With that 13a unlike a US green card you get very little in return. Additionally must report yearly. The process for a married couple should be easy and encourage not discourage people. Tourists do not need police checks and can stay indefinatly with just an exit after 2 years. So it makes no sense.

At least the US lays out exactly what document is required from each country. Here you are left to assume and then at the discretion of a Filipino who just may have a bug up his ass.

Edited by USMC-Retired