New Requirement for Changing from Provisional to Permanent Resident

OK if you have it in Black&White just do as they are asking you.

MP 1947 same as you mate 66 last February....................and no dentures............yet.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hyaku

• Monsoon

• USMC-Retired

• Durham

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well...I guess that means that anybody coming over her to live, who might wish to get a 13A visa at some point, should get a police clearance in their home town before they leave. If they get pissy ab

It's strange that they haven't made any mention of this new change on their own website, but I guess that shouldn't surprise anyone really!   Please keep the forum updated as to whether this is now

That is incorrect based on what I have read and been told by immigration officials. I won't be applying until October or November for conversion to my permanent, so until then I can not give any furth

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I was suppose to report on this a couple of weeks ago, but I am still on unofficial Philippine Time.

I\ Yes you need a police report, however I failed to asked if it is from our home countries or some place else - using the information from Durham's post, it would seem it is just an NBI Clearance.  

\\

That is incorrect based on what I have read and been told by immigration officials. I won't be applying until October or November for conversion to my permanent, so until then I can not give any further verified info. But I did call immigration and ask them for clarification and was told that a police clearance from home country was required for either initial application or conversion.

I didn't ask them what constituted a police clearance as I will just get an FBI clearance and submit that, so I didn't care if others would be acceptable.

• Like 1

MP 1947 same as you mate 66 last February....................and no dentures............yet.

On what basis are your 'confirming that you only need NBI clearance' ???

Personal experience? This year in converting a 13A probationary to permanent? Otherwise, I don't see how you can confirm it unless you work for immigration.

Just from a couple of Brit guys who have recently changed.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

It is in black and white on the immigration website.

Have a read on:  Memorandum Order No. RADJR-2012-028

johnboy999

I already said I have it in black and white from Immigration along with the new application form. Why would they put it on their website? Are you trying to say that these people are internet savvy?

It appears from Monsoon's post that they have now posted it on their website hidden away under the "Memoranda and Issuances" section, but they haven't amended the section where you actually visit on their site to get information on the 13(a) visa. Therefore, on the "Immigrant Visa" section, where it lists all the requirements there is no mention of this change, and that is what is leading to confusion amongst some of us. That's why we have been asking for confirmation, nobody was suggesting you were making it up!

As for the question "Why would they put it on their website?", it's the 21st century and they've put everything else on there site. They just haven't updated the relevant section with this extra requirement for 13(a) applications yet. Everybody makes mistakes, doesn't mean they're not internet savvy, does it?

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Therefore, on the "Immigrant Visa" section, where it lists all the requirements there is no mention of this change,

You sir are correct...

They just haven't updated the relevant section with this extra requirement for 13(a) applications yet.

Again, correct. Afterall, why would we want to find the proper requirements for a common visa application by visiting their official website. I mean, come on. That is just too easy. Of course they want you to be surprised and unprepared when you arrive to submit your application, adding further to the chaos!

• Like 1
johnboy999

Now, back to the original question about UK Police clearance......

This website should have all the information you need.

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

It's definitely possible to get the UK Police clearance, but it's going to be difficult to do it from overseas, especially as they only allow payment by cheque or bank draft, no credit/debit card payments accepted.

RogerDuMond

After visiting Immigration today to start the process for conversion of Probationary 13A to Permanent 13A, I can confirm that police clearance from your home country along with NBI clearance if you have been here more than 6 months is now a requirement. They staple a small piece of paper with those requirements to the list of requirements needed.

• Like 1
Headshot

Well...I guess that means that anybody coming over her to live, who might wish to get a 13A visa at some point, should get a police clearance in their home town before they leave. If they get pissy about it not being current, you can tell them that was the last time you were in your home country. I'm glad I already have my permanent 13A. What a mess this will be for a lot of guys.

• Like 4
RogerDuMond

Well...I guess that means that anybody coming over her to live, who might wish to get a 13A visa at some point, should get a police clearance in their home town before they leave. If they get pissy about it not being current, you can tell them that was the last time you were in your home country. I'm glad I already have my permanent 13A. What a mess this will be for a lot of guys.

The exact requirement says, "POLICE CLEARANCE from the country of origin authenticated by the PHIL. Embassy." I have a clearance that I brought with me, but it isn't authenticated by the Embassy in Washington. We went upstairs and asked the female attorney there about the requirement. She said that we should take the clearance to the US Embassy in Manila and try to have them authenticate it. She also said that if we couldn't get that done soon to submit it the way we have it so as not to hold up the process and just bring it to her when we got it authenticated.

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

What a stupid requirement and proves the Filipino government does not understand what happens outside the 7000+ islands. The US does not have a way for an individual to obtain a national police check. They do not even have a registry of felons from one state to the next. I know this as a recruiter for the Marines.

Sent from my A919i using Tapatalk 2

mpt1947

That is incorrect based on what I have read and been told by immigration officials. I won't be applying until October or November for conversion to my permanent, so until then I can not give any further verified info. But I did call immigration and ask them for clarification and was told that a police clearance from home country was required for either initial application or conversion.

I didn't ask them what constituted a police clearance as I will just get an FBI clearance and submit that, so I didn't care if others would be acceptable.

I too talked with the US Consular here in Cebu, on June 10th.  He said he is recommending that Americans get an FBI Clearance.  He told me that the FBI is used to working with NBI and will get there reports to the right people.  If you get a Police Report from your local community, they might send the report to a Philippine Consular Office and it will slow down the process by a month or more.

Now I had written something earlier regarding my visit with John Domingo, and got beat up for it, so my advice is to check it out with BoI in Mandaue for yourself

mpt1947

After visiting Immigration today to start the process for conversion of Probationary 13A to Permanent 13A, I can confirm that police clearance from your home country along with NBI clearance if you have been here more than 6 months is now a requirement. They staple a small piece of paper with those requirements to the list of requirements needed. 

Roger do you need a police report on your Permanent 13a - I was under the impression that if you made it passed the Probationary nothing new was required...

I am with you - I picked up my Permanent ACR Card last Thursday.  made it by the skin of my teeth

RogerDuMond

Roger do you need a police report on your Permanent 13a - I was under the impression that if you made it passed the Probationary nothing new was required...

Yes. Alice stapled the requirement to the application for conversion and the lady attorney upstairs confirmed it.

• Like 1
mpt1947

Yes. Alice stapled the requirement to the application for conversion and the lady attorney upstairs confirmed it.

Not that I like the fact you have to go through extra work - like the fact that you double confirmed it.