Auto Part store....?

ILoveCyrus

I'm not a master mechanic but I like to work on cars every now and then. Are there auto shops in Cebu where I can buy parts and do my own brakes and oil change?

thebob

Go downtown and look around Manalli St. There are lots of parts shops that keep an amazing amount of spares. It is usually best to bring a "sample" to compare, and even if they do not have a "direct" replacement they are expert at suggesting alternatives.

RogerDat

Greetings! It depends on what kind of car you have. Oil, and filters should not be a problem on Mactan.

Parts stores are located from the Metrobank in Opon, to General Milling. Most are mostley multicab stores as that is what most have here. Cebu has many others for the bigger cars. Really depends on the vehicle you have.

• Like 1
throttleplate

Are there auto shops in Cebu where I can buy parts and do my own brakes and oil change?

just tow it or park your vehicle on any street thats not very busy or a sidewalk and jack up vehicle and put some cinder blocks which are very dangerous and not designed for weight and then go to work.Just be sure that if it rains that you are on higher ground or you may drown if not allready dead from the cinder blocks breaking.

• Like 1
Woolf

Why work on the car yourself,  labor cost is so low in the philippines

If you are thinking about a DIY workshop I know of none

I have used try-j several times and found them friendly and always been satisfied

with the work they done to my multicab van

They have a Lapu-Lapu branch

http://www.tri-jmarketing.com/branches.html

http://www.tri-jmarketing.com/index.html

Edited by Woolf
thebob

Why work on the car yourself,  labor cost is so low in the philippines

I don't let anyone but me work on my brakes. 

• Like 2
throttleplate

in iloilo the jeeps drivers stick their flip flop wearing feet through the rusted floorboard and drag their feet to come to a stop,why do you think they sell so many of those slippers,even the pedal trikes use their slippers and rub the back wheel to stop.

• Like 1
SkyMan

It is usually best to bring a "sample" to compare,

And if you replace anything, keep the old parts so you have a sample ready to go for next time and don't have to stop mid work to take your sample in.
ILoveCyrus

I don't let anyone but me work on my brakes. 

Same with ME..... and I find working on cars to be "theraputic" to my sanity.  Some people have hobbies..... one of mine is "working" on cars.  NOT total restoration but just the good ole: wash and wax and buff; brake job; oil change; spark plugs;.........It's called PRIDE in ownership.

Man, in the states we take these shops for granted: Auto Zone, Oreillys, Napa, Pep Boys

• Like 4
throttleplate

as a retired mechanic i hated when i had to take my vehicle in for a repair which i wasnt tooled up to do myself,i treated finding a good shop just as important as finding a good doctor.I have witnessed mechanics at my old job doing lousy work.especially when rebuilding an engine or transmission where clenliness is major and some guys just dont give a shit and no pride,i got a kick out of the mechanics whom always ended up with 2 bollts or nuts left over from a job and thought nothing of it.

Whenever a customer came back with a complaint from the repair us mechanics in the shop would get nervous hoping it wasnt a vehicle they worked on as comebacks as they were called made you look bad and eventually got you fired.