Coming to Cebu for 3months late August (With Intent to Stay) apt and friends wanted

SirMadrigal

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I did a lot of research on short term rentals but ended up finding a place so didn't need to use one. I ended up in the I.T. Park in a new studio condo at Calyx Centre. The location is great, surrounded by BPOs. There is everything you need within walking distance except for maybe a large grocery store. It would take you a month just to try all the eating places and coffee shops. A taxi to Ayala or SM City is less than P100 and you can find most everything there. Since the building is new, they have high-speed internet available at least for Philippines. I have 10MPS with Globe. This building even has BPOs in it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SirMadrigal

• BFHammer

• ThomsonJr

• Knowdafish

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have you ever been to Asia? Have you ever been to the tropics? Is this your first time to the Philippines? I remember everything I expected the Philippines to be before I arrived - was totally forgot

hi and welcome to the forum!    if you're looking to be near movies, nitelife, restaurants and what not, i would stay out of banawa and mandaue and simply hit the ground and stay in one of the many

Wise words to get a taxi and the Diplomat is a nice place and central location.  Do NOT be in a hurry to select a long term place and transportation is a key factor.  Consider a house vs condo rental

Stardust

http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en/index  Why not just fly directly to Cebu and skip the extra flight and baggage fees?  Asiana is well priced and affiliated with Delta if you use skymiles.  Higher rating that Delta too.

I was thinking that as well.  You can fly into Mla.. then get on Cebu pacific right away.   just tuck the luggage under your shirt.   TSA has gotten very lax about checking    A pension house is like a hostel  (some have a dorm option)  but everything a regular hotel has is available........ they are much cheaper

Stardust

Manila makes Atlanta look like polished gold. At least Atlanta is reasonably clean, smells decent, and has edible stuff to eat in their airport. 

the Atlanta airport  is huge.. is takes about 45 minutes of walking to reach your gate.  The Manila airport is tiny, uncomfortable  and hot.  I admit though, Atlanta (like Atlantis) is made out of sterling silver.. definitely NOT polished gold

Edited by Stardust
Brucewayne

Try the Radisson next door to SM.

Nice place.

the.lone.gunman

Apartelle de Arcenas in Banilad is decent. 18,000+4,000 utilies per month for a decent small 1 br. I was there for almost a year.

SirMadrigal

I did a lot of research on short term rentals but ended up finding a place so didn't need to use one. I ended up in the I.T. Park in a new studio condo at Calyx Centre. The location is great, surrounded by BPOs. There is everything you need within walking distance except for maybe a large grocery store. It would take you a month just to try all the eating places and coffee shops. A taxi to Ayala or SM City is less than P100 and you can find most everything there. Since the building is new, they have high-speed internet available at least for Philippines. I have 10MPS with Globe. This building even has BPOs in it.

What do you pay if you don't mind me asking?

newbster

Maybe I will just rent a BPO space and sleep at my desk! haha  Internet and Telephony are the two most important things for me.

You may have already seen it but you can rent call center seats for about $150/month here.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/classifieds+directory/q/call+center+seat+lease+cebu

As for telephony you'd be wise I think to invest in an obihai device and google voice to make your calls to USA and receive calls. I have one, and voice quality so far is great, and from what I hear from people overseas, is better than Magic Jack - and cheaper. That way you don't care about telephony - only about internet.

SirMadrigal

You may have already seen it but you can rent call center seats for about $150/month here.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/classifieds+directory/q/call+center+seat+lease+cebu

As for telephony you'd be wise I think to invest in an obihai device and google voice to make your calls to USA and receive calls. I have one, and voice quality so far is great, and from what I hear from people overseas, is better than Magic Jack - and cheaper. That way you don't care about telephony - only about internet.

Yah I have actually been talking with one group that recently lost a large customer and they are wanting to make deals and sell seats, I think $100 a seat is realistic if you haggle.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

If you really want to stay in the Philippines, its a much better idea to go to the Philippines for a month with no intentions of staying... I think that's what happened to most who live there now, so it seems to work.

My favourite place to stay inside the city is Montebello Villa Hotel. It is too expensive for the longer term, but for just a few days while you get your bearings and sort out the jet lag, it is amazing. Quiet, beautiful gardens, great breakfast buffet and a huge pool, yet central with good transport connections and a mall next door. Good deals can be found on Agoda.

• 2 months later...

That place sounds great but I guess you purchased instead of monthly rent?

Manila is a dump anyway.

Welcome to the forum and Cebu!

Manila is truly a dump, I  consider it a waste of time to go there. 

If possible, fly direct to CEBU and then if you have a burning desire to visit Manila, take a cheap flight or ferry there.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

That place sounds great but I guess you purchased instead of monthly rent?

No it's a rental.