Greetings All! Moving to Cebu in August (Bit of A Plunger haha)

Dolsos

Believe whatever you want, the reason I am coming is to actually have a decent chance at succeeding with my business.

What business is that out of curiosity?  Have you researched the relevant laws on businesses here?  (may not apply to what you plan to do, just throwing that out there)

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i don't know which is rarer ..me banning someone from a topic or someone getting banned from an introduction topic.

but one person has been banned from this topic

lets see to it both things remain rare

• Admin (Retired)
broden

now before this thread breaks off in to multiple conversations ... feel free to start new topics on all the asides .. new members are always looking to up post count so that could be of help to them and give them a better understanding of forum rules

SirMadrigal

What business is that out of curiosity?  Have you researched the relevant laws on businesses here?  (may not apply to what you plan to do, just throwing that out there)

Well, I don't want to get banned before i even get started here haha so I am worried about posting what I am doing thinking that the admin may believe i am spamming. So I will not put any links up, I have a web developing company and a marketing / PR firm in the states.

I have been researching businesses and how to incorporate yes, I have a referral to someone that lives in Cebu that seems to be good in assisting in these areas and have beens peaking with him.

What I would ultimately like to do is hire a couple Filipino to do telemarketing sales for my business via B2B calls to American and UK companies, I realize I can hire a BPO for this service and I may do that initially but I would rather prefer to do it on my own.

For starters I will end up just selling on my own to US clients until I get settled into Cebu and decide the infrastructure is there to support what I need, I am certain it is however because if it wasnt the IT Business Park wouldn't have a single BPO.

now before this thread breaks off in to multiple conversations ... feel free to start new topics on all the asides .. new members are always looking to up post count so that could be of help to them and give them a better understanding of forum rules

As I am new and I did read the Forum Rules, correct me if I am wrong.

It is ok that I respond to questions such as the one above of what I do within this forum correct? I would not want to Clutter the forums with erroneous topics that arent truly a topic but more conversational questions within this topic.

I was under the impression that this part of the Forum was a "Meet and Greet / Get to know Newbie" section.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

As I am new and I did read the Forum Rules, correct me if I am wrong. It is ok that I respond to questions such as the one above of what I do within this forum correct? I would not want to Clutter the forums with erroneous topics that arent truly a topic but more conversational questions within this topic.   I was under the impression that this part of the Forum was a "Meet and Greet / Get to know Newbie" section.

the forum owner is wanting to make sure that threads stay on topic .. and while i have no problem with answering questions asked in a thread you started .. if you are going to conversate further on a given topic it is best to start a new thread on it.. it's amazing how far some threads can go that seem to be non starters at first and how far off topic good solid threads can get at times.

don't be afraid to post and never be afraid to start a new topic .. at time you will see members mentioning a new thread in an old one or vice versa when they make a change of direction to link two threads .. and keep in mind sometimes posts get hidden or deleted not because of what they said but because they quoted some other post that was hidden or deleted

what the forum owner wants out of the intro forum is for new users to come in say something about themselves get a little banter out there and then move on to greater things in the rest of the forum

• Like 1
Canuck Joe

Hello SirMadrigal

Welcome to Cebu, Good place for your type of business. This web site is a life saver for all things Cebu....and more.

SirMadrigal

Hello SirMadrigal

Welcome to Cebu, Good place for your type of business. This web site is a life saver for all things Cebu....and more.

Yes I am hoping it helps save me from MUGATU :)

• 2 weeks later...
SomeRandomGuy

welcome to the boo