24 hours power options for medical reasons?

Mediaspot

Anyone can help cost how much i need to spend to keep a 1.5hp or 2hp inverter split type aircondition on for 24hours. We have someone in our home  in comatose state and needs airconditioniong 24/7.

Knowdafish

Anyone can help cost how much i need to spend to keep a 1.5hp or 2hp inverter split type aircondition on for 24hours. We have someone in our home  in comatose state and needs airconditioniong 24/7.

There are too many variables to come up with an accurate price, let alone do an educated guess. 

You might want to start here though: http://www.sunsoglobal.com/calculator.html

• Like 1
Paul

I agree.

First, where is the home located? Is the home in the Philippines? Closest City and Province? That will give you an idea of the number of sun hours your area will get.

Then, you need to know the total watt-hours the specific appliances need to be run for that 24 hours.

Paul

An idea that just hit me, here.

It may be cheaper to go with some sort of generator back up, in this case. Of course, a one-horsepower split air-con is going to draw upwards to 3,000 watts to start, and about 1,000 watts to continuously run. So, the smallest unit I would even consider, would be a 5 kilowatt generator.

• Like 1
Paul

I just split some posts that were not really on topic, although were valuable.

Let's stay on options for the original poster, as this is a serious topic for this member.

Canuck Joe

Is it a fever type situation?

Blocks of ice lots of it if you cant get your hands on back up power

thebob

You need to insulate the room as much as possible, and make it as small as possible, but I think you are looking at about 1 1/2 liters an hour for a small diesel genset.

I'd seriously consider building an automotive unit from an SUV attached to a 3hp electric motor and a 5hp diesel motor on the same belts, you could switch between the motors with electric clutches.

• Like 1