Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Maps Of Cebu, And Elsewhere In The Philippines

Paul

<font size="3"><b><i>Cebu Maps and General Philippines Region Specific Maps</i></b></font><font color="#ff0000"><font size="3"><br>Last Updated: Friday, August 14, 2009</font></font><br><br><u><b>Philippines Maps</b></u><br>Added: March 31, 2009 - Excellent, high quality map of the Philippines.<br>the_philippines_1986.pdf<br><br><u><b>Cebu Maps</b></u><br>Added: October 01, 2006<br>cebu_map.pdf<br>mactan_map.pdf<br>Added: September 08, 2007<br>cebu_province_map.pdf<br><br><u><b>Visayas Maps</b></u><br>Added: November 12, 2006<br>visayas_map.pdf<br>Added: March 31, 2009<br>boracay_map.pdf<br><br>Added: January 24, 2008 - E-Z Map Scans<br>negros_siquijor_cebu.pdf<br>bohol.pdf<br>panay_guimaras.pdf<br>leyte_biliran.pdf<br><br><u><b>Bicol Maps</b></u><br><b><font color="#ff0000">Added: August 14, 2009</font></b><br>bicol_region_map.pdf<br><br><u><b>Mindanao Maps</b></u><br>Added: November 28, 2006<br>mindanao.pdf<br>Added: December 06, 2006<br>mindanao_02.pdf<br>Added: September 28, 2007 - Drawn map w/ Island information.<br>camiguin_map.pdf<br>Added: January 24, 2008 - E-Z Map Scan<br>camiguin_island.pdf<br>Added: April 23, 2009<br>camiguin_map_2.pdf<br>Added: January 27, 2008 - E-Z Map Scan<br>cagayan_de_oro.pdf<br>Added: August 04, 2009<br>siargao_map.pdf<br><br><u><b>Manila/Luzon Maps</b></u><br><b><font color="#ff0000">Added: August 14, 2009</font></b><br>luzon_map.pdf<br><b><font color="#ff0000">Added: August 14, 2009</font></b><br>manila_map.pdf<br>Added: August 28, 2007<br><a href="http://www.directorymanila.net/map/index.php" class="bbc_url" title="External link" rel="nofollow external">Flash Map of Manila</a><br><br>--------------------------------------<br><br><u><b>Other Interesting Maps</b></u><br><br>Added: August 28, 2007<br>US_time_zones.pdf<br>world_time_zones.pdf

samar.pdf

Edited by Admin
  • Like 4

tideclipper

Paul,

Do you think you could find a detailed city map of CDO like the one you posted of Cebu?

Thanks,

Steve

jazzy

Hi Paul

Thank you for taking the time to update the maps. My husband and I are very pleased!!!

Jazzy

• Like 1

Paul

Okay. You now have 1 (UTP) E-Z Map of Cagayan de Oro Map (in pdf version), although not the best quality, uploaded above.

I hope it helps.

justmike99

Is there anyone that have a map of Naga City Cebu? Or know where to get it from?

Paul

I will be in and around Naga soon. I will see if I can locate one at the municipal building there.

Craig H

Paul,

I do mapping for a living, and because I am married to a Cebuana I am very interested in mapping Cebu and hopefully other islands in the future. I am using Google maps right now which now has some high-resolution satellite images available.

I have created this online map on Google.

If anyone would like to help me identify important businesses, schools, hospitals, universities, cultural sites and anything else that would be useful I would like to hear from you. I have only been to Cebu once (February 2008) and I spent 30 days there, travelling up to Bantayan Island in the north and only as far south as Argao. On my next visit I will be bringing my GPS receiver and capturing a lot of sites that way, for better accuracy.

If anyone knows of GPS data that I can access I would love to hear about that, too.

Thanks for posting these maps in PDF format. They will be very useful for me as I add more and more detail to my Google map.

Let me know if you have any ideas on how to improve what I have done!

Cheers from cold and snowy British Columbia!

Craig.

Paul

Hi Craig, I have a Garmin GPS, and would be happy to supply you with waypoints that you may need.

I don't know how many you will find here, but there are some, I'm sure, on this site: http://www.waypoints.ph

Um, the Google map is a bit dated, I see. But, I will be happy to help you with some locations of places. Let me know how we can meet online sometime, possibly to view the map together, and work on it at your leisure. I will be busy for a couple of days, until my friend returns to the US, but will be available afterward.

Shoot me a PM to set this up, please. (I have changed your settings, allowing you to use the PM feature.)

Thanks for your efforts,

Paul

Mark L

I am having trouble viewing all of the maps. Each link opens a new window which is blank. :P:lol:

Craig H
I am having trouble viewing all of the maps. Each link opens a new window which is blank. :P:lol:

Do you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer? Download Adobe Reader here. It will also set itself up to view PDF maps in your internet browser as well.

Hope this helps.

Mark L
Do you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer? Download Adobe Reader here. It will also set itself up to view PDF maps in your internet browser as well.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I have 5.0 installed and I use it frequently.

jackspratt

Latest is version 9 ...u need an update! :P

Sometimes links to PDFs wont open from a browser window ...right click on link and "open link in new window" will often work :lol:

Edited by jackspratt

Mark L

The download fixed my problems :lol: Thanks guys!

Paul

Craig,

I just thought about something. Is there any way to determine when Google will update the maps?

The reason I ask this is, the landmarks here are changing at a rapid rate. For example, many old buildings are being torn dow, making way for new developments. So, some landmarks will not be current.

----------

Mark, I hope the maps help you.

Craig H
Craig,

I just thought about something. Is there any way to determine when Google will update the maps?

The reason I ask this is, the landmarks here are changing at a rapid rate. For example, many old buildings are being torn dow, making way for new developments. So, some landmarks will not be current.

Google doesn't have a specific time table for obtaining satellite imagery. They get it when they can and updates can be few and far between. I find it frustrating that in the middle of Cebu City there is a large tract of very low resolution imagery (likely 25 or 30m per pixel).

That said, Google is now a partner in an international satellite company and they basically have their own satellite now, so I'm sure that you will see more and better imagery all the time. That said, it IS a big world, and given the fact that clouds have a habit of being in the way a lot, it may be some time before we get better images.

Having only spent 30 days in Cebu City, and not really being able to get a true sense of direction since I never drove myself, I find it hard to look at some of the images and picking out things I remember -- especially since I never saw them from overhead! <_<

I have a lot of photos from one of the days I spent traveling all over - from Bulacao to downtown and then Mandaue City and then over to Mactan Island and Lapu-Lapu City where I went to the monument, of course, then back to Cebu City via the new reclamation area near the water and then up to other areas and small barangays to see the view from some of the hilltops. I also went up the mountain to Buena Vista where I was the guest of my ninong, George Aznar. I saw the Taoist Temple as well, so I covered a lot of the city I guess. I now have family in Talisay City too but I can't locate them in the imagery.

My asawa and I went to Bantayan Island for our honeymoon, so I saw a lot of northern Cebu, and stopped in at Bogo to see family. I have only been as far south as Argao where we went for a day of swimming and BBQ! I love Cebu, and I miss it so much!